Coaching musical chairs

James in PA

Reaction score
Soon, all of the HC chairs are going to be filled up and there are going to be some well-respected names out there without a seat. I find it pretty damn interesting. Possibilities of this happening to include:

Quinn
Vrabel
Belichick
Slowik

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Soon, all of the HC chairs are going to be filled up and there are going to be some well-respected names out there without a seat. I find it pretty damn interesting. Possibilities of this happening to include:

Quinn
Vrabel
Belichick
Slowik
Interesting developments for sure.
But if those are the odd men out - then I personally would be very pleased because of what that means.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll want to coach still, but can't find work. Who would have thunk it?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll want to coach still, but can't find work. Who would have thunk it?
Pete's still under contract with us, so that might have had an effect on potential suitors knowing that they'd have to go through us and likely surrender draft choices. But despite being in the conversation as one of the best coaches in the history of the game, it's a commentary on how the game has changed if 8 teams, 25% of the league, would decline Belichick's services. I can't imagine Vince Lombardi, Paul Brown, or Don Shula standing in the unemployment line.

knownone

Reaction score
It's possible Bill met with the Falcon twice and didn't like the fit. I'm unsure whether Pete and Bill's lack of significant interest speaks to their coaching abilities. Both are made. There's no reason for them to chase a bad situation just for the sake of having a job.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It's possible Bill met with the Falcon twice and didn't like the fit. I'm unsure whether Pete and Bill's lack of significant interest speaks to their coaching abilities. Both are made. There's no reason for them to chase a bad situation just for the sake of having a job.
Read their ceo or president wasn't a fan of the power Bill wanted..Bellicheck could be out of football permanently.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think teams right or wrong are wanting to capitalize on where the league is heading. Bellichickbwants too much control and has done some weird stuff like hire a DC to run his offense and terrible roster construction. Pete sadly I think it’s his age fair or unfair. I’ve been critical of Pete but a fresh start could do him some good. I think Carolina should’ve considered him at least with Young there as he had a ton of success with Wilson.

Wonder if someone hires them as coordinators?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think teams right or wrong are wanting to capitalize on where the league is heading. Bellichickbwants too much control and has done some weird stuff like hire a DC to run his offense and terrible roster construction. Pete sadly I think it’s his age fair or unfair. I’ve been critical of Pete but a fresh start could do him some good. I think Carolina should’ve considered him at least with Young there as he had a ton of success with Wilson.

Wonder if someone hires them as coordinators?
Couldn't see either being a coordinator with the power they've had. It would be a downgrade for them...but neither seem to want to retire.

knownone

Reaction score
The rumors are that Pete has no interest in coaching away from the west coast. So he's almost certainly done with the NFL, whether other teams wanted him or not.

I don't blame Belichick for wanting control. He's better than most of the coaches in the league. But I think several front offices are rightfully concerned about bringing someone like him in because he's not Raheem Morris or Dave Caneles. Your 40-year-old, first-time GM is not telling Belichick what to do. That's a power dynamic that rarely works. Whether that spells the end of Belichick is anyone's guess. He's still an elite coach. He just comes with (earned) baggage and a short shelf-life, making him a substantial risk. That's the problem for these guys; if they were 10 years younger, they'd be on everybody's wish list.

NoGain

Reaction score
With PC...no surprise. With Bill Belichick...a team that's *close*...why not? But Dallas had their chance and whiffed on it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We’re are you seeing he only wants to coach on the west coast? I can’t find anything saying that. It makes sense given his age and his family but I can’t find anything

Latest posts