Cowboys to sign Greg Hardy (Seahawks out)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawks will probably offer a Michael Bennett/Cliff Avril type of deal that those guys took in 2013. 1 or 2 years, less than $6 million per.

The Hawks can show the track record of success that those guys had playing on that type of contract, in that type of rotation, and tell Hardy that he can cash in big after he plays under a deal like that in our Defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
I agree with Titan31. I have seen so much in all of my years. Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?

If so, then you obviously have doubt. If you haven't and just assume because someone said something, that it must be true, then you are living the exact life that the media is presenting to you.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/577882115116699649[/tweet]

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I trust that the front office will do their homework - especially at this stage of the teams development. It seemed that both Graham and Williams were surprised how much background work the Seahawks did prior to signing/trading. If the Seahawks make an offer, you have to believe they feel very comfortable with how everything will turn out.

The Seahawks may take a bit of a hit in the eyes of the general public, but assuming they have done their background search, I am more than ok with a one year deal.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm all for second chances, and maybe this is hypocritical but IMO when it comes to domestic violence I don't wan any part of a player.

Drugs, alcohol, PED's..........those are all self inflicted so I'm fine with giving players second chances. But domestic violence? No, sorry I can't support signing a player like Hardy. I do not want this to happen, I hope Goodell just suspends Hardy's ass for the entire year and solves this problem for us.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/577887854774214656[/tweet]

Explain our interest? Anyone else see this?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr · 7m7 minutes ago  Arlington, TX
Per multiple sources, Michael Bennett is seeking a trade to Atlanta and a new contract.

Perhaps explains interest?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3nnrq4qa said:
Take your political posts (IE 'SEXIST!') to the political forum puhlease! :roll:
No. If I see a sexist post right here I will call it right here. He made a statement questioning the veracity of a person's fulfilling their job based only on gender, nothing else.

twisted_steel2":3nnrq4qa said:
Interesting. So Hardy called 911, then after the event she tried to contact him more than a dozen times. Then she's a no show to court? Hhhhmmmm :|
Why leave out the part where he PAID her to be a no show to court?

Largent80":3nnrq4qa said:
I agree with Titan31. I have seen so much in all of my years. Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?
If I were accused of something I didn't do I would not pay the alleged victim to avoid a trial. A fair hearing would exonerate me and I'd sue the alleged victim for court costs, damages (lost wages, or potential wages), defamation, harassment, etc.

aawolf

Reaction score
titan3131":19r2xmdu said:
I have inside knowledge on how these assault on female proceedings work, as I'm an attorney in NC. In my experience, 75% of the time, the guy is guilty of slapping a woman around and is justly charged and convicted. However, in about 25% of the cases I've come across, the woman is a self-serving wench that wants to cause problems for the guy because she wants to unfairly streamline a custody situation or because she is unsatisfied with a break up or because she wants leverage to get something the guy has. In this case, I'm not familiar with the case enough to adjudge one way or another whether he was guilty of assaulting her. However, not showing up for the trial is a clear sign that either 1) she was out just to get money or 2) the injuries possibly sustained were not worth the trouble of showing up. I'm of the opinion, without a further documented investigation of the incident, that this woman is not credible and that there should be no punishment given what we now know. If it comes out that there are multiple witnesses and that the assault was especially heinous, then I reserve the right to change my opinion. Right now, though, based on the simple fact that he was charged by a judge in a lower court and then the charges were dismissed on appeal to a jury trial, I would not suspend him.

This is exactly how I feel. I appreciate your experience and insight in this matter.
I found this and this is very informative.

this is quoted from

http://blackandbluereview.com/recapping ... ppearance/

Now that I’ve had time to digest what was said in court, what was claimed afterward by Hardy’s accuser’s lawyer, and the details included in the restraining order filed against Hardy, my main emotion is sadness.

Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 2.31.29 PM

We have no idea yet who is telling the truth. It’s a he said/she said, and it’s sad that two young lives are now in the spotlight for this.

Yes, this could ultimately affect the Panthers. It could certainly affect Hardy. But more importantly, this is a story with two sides, and it’s sad that whoever is telling the truth will be so affected by whoever is lying.

There are many details, accusations, assumptions and rumors flying around, so let’s break it all down into what we know as of Wednesday afternoon.

WHAT WE KNOW
Early Tuesday morning, after he was seen at a Charlotte nightclub, Hardy held an after party at his uptown condominium. Two of the attendees were his girlfriend, named in court as Nicole Holder, and his friend, Sammy Curtis.
At 4:18 a.m., Charlotte Mecklenburg police received a domestic violence call from Hardy’s condominium. Police responded to the call and filed an incident report. In the report, police describe minor scratches and bruises on the 24-year-old Holder. She refused treatment.
A few hours later, a warrant was filed for Hardy’s arrest. He later turned himself in on misdemeanor charges of assault on a female and communicating threats.
Mecklenburg County policy requires a 24-hour “cooling-off period” for a person arrested and accused of domestic violence. Hardy spent Tuesday night in jail.
At 9:35 Wednesday morning, he walked into a Mecklenburg County Courthouse courtroom handcuffed, wearing an orange prison jumpsuit. Hardy stood and stared straight ahead during the 10-minute hearing. His attorney, Chris Fialko, disputed claims made by Holder.
Fialko claimed Hardy asked Holder to leave his condominium, but she refused. She then attacked Hardy and Curtis and Hardy called 911. Fialko added that phone records show Holder later called Curtis more than a dozen times attempting to speak to Hardy.
District Judge Becky Thorne Tin read part of the allegations against Hardy, which included “areas of bruising and swelling” on Holder’s back. Citing “concerns” about Holder’s safety, Tin ordered Hardy to avoid contact with Holder. The judge set a total bond of $17,000.
Hardy and Holder were intoxicated during the incident. Tin ordered Hardy to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings three times per week.
Hardy’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, attended the meeting with Curtis. They both left declining comment.
Holder’s lawyer, Stephen Goodwin, talked to media for about 15 minutes outside the courthouse.
Goodwin said Holder went to the emergency room Tuesday with bruises and an injury to her elbow. He said she is currently in a sling. Goodwin said Holder injured her elbow when Hardy threw her into a tiled bathtub.
When asked why Hardy, and not Holder, called 911, Goodwin answered, “she couldn’t because she was being held down.” Goodwin added Curtis held Holder down while Hardy called 911.
Holder was at the courthouse, but not in the courtroom for the hearing. The restraining order request was filled out during Hardy’s hearing and filed at 9:41.
In the restraining order, Holder checked an option indicating “I believe there is danger of serious and immediate injury.” She also checked boxes accusing Hardy of having firearms and making threats with those firearms.
Holder claimed Hardy “has approximately 25-30 firearms. Ak-47’s, automatic weapons, shotguns, rifles and pistols.”
Holder repeated Goodwin’s accusation that Hardy threw her into a bathtub: “(He) pulled me from the tub by my hair, screaming at me that he was going to kill me, break my arms and other threats that I completely believe. He drug me across the bathroom and out into the bedroom. Hardy choked me with both hands around my throat while I was lying on the floor. Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns. I landed on those weapons. Hardy bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded. Landing on those weapons bruised my neck and back.”
Holder repeated Goodwin’s accusation that Curtis held her down: “I wasn’t nearly strong enough to escape. I begged them to let me go and I wouldn’t tell anyone what he did. They took me out into the hall, pushed me down and went back inside his apartment. I crawled to the elevator and ran into CMPD.”
After filing the restraining order, Holder stood in the courthouse hallway with her sister.
Hardy was later released from jail. Wearing a black tank top and black workout pants, he left without comment.
Hardy’s next court date is scheduled for June 27. Before that date, the Panthers have three weeks of OTAs and a minicamp. The team is continuing its investigation.

I also forgot to add: In 95% of the cases, there is alcohol involved.

Largent80

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":a7i4raef said:
Largent80":a7i4raef said:
If I were accused of something I didn't do I would not pay the alleged victim to avoid a trial. A fair hearing would exonerate me and I'd sue the alleged victim for court costs, damages (lost wages, or potential wages), defamation, harassment, etc.

The court process in this country is a friggin joke. There is no way you want to be a defendant in a courtroom.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
If the Bennett trade request has any legs to it, I could Seattle putting Hardy a bit higher on their wish list.

What a crazy offseason in the NFL...

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
man a lot of spinning now on why Hardy should be a Seahawk, I would remind you not to forget about your ol TE who raped half of the Pacific Northwest in Jeremy Stevens. There is just no reason to sign this fool. Seattle finally found an incredible way to build a team. They dont need to expend any energy on GH. I dont know who will take him, it may even be the Niners will all the losses " god i hope not" but this dude is bad news.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2d8s02hq said:
Ray Lewis murdered someone in cold blood, got away with it and was the hero of Baltimore....now on national tv as an icon.....it could be worse...

This is the kind of statement that you should back up with proof.
At the very least you should add that it is your opinion, if you can't find proof.

ctrcat

Reaction score
titan3131":1onkpfsd said:
Im just very disappointed how the radio media and espn spun this. They leave it incredibly biased. Specifically brock and salk didnt put any conversation into the possibility that he didnt do it.

My education was based on teaching us to think for ourselves and make the best decision from there.

If you just believe the spoonfed info from the media your entire life I pray for you.

Well said. From a Panther fan perspective, this sentiment is much understood and appreciated, just bittersweet and too-little-too-late after 17 games missed and trying to make a playoff run with one arm behind your back.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
pmedic920":2zqyiwe9 said:
Cyrus12":2zqyiwe9 said:
Ray Lewis murdered someone in cold blood, got away with it and was the hero of Baltimore....now on national tv as an icon.....it could be worse...

This is the kind of statement that you should back up with proof.
At the very least you should add that it is your opinion, if you can't find proof.

...forgot he got off on an obstruction charge after ratted out his buddies....he was probably innocent...

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/577902271503212544[/tweet]

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2joa35t7 said:
HawKnPeppa":2joa35t7 said:
Take your political posts (IE 'SEXIST!') to the political forum puhlease! :roll:
No. If I see a sexist post right here I will call it right here. He made a statement questioning the veracity of a person's fulfilling their job based only on gender, nothing else.

twisted_steel2":2joa35t7 said:
Interesting. So Hardy called 911, then after the event she tried to contact him more than a dozen times. Then she's a no show to court? Hhhhmmmm :|
Why leave out the part where he PAID her to be a no show to court?

Largent80":2joa35t7 said:

If it was a male judge, the same possible bias could exist in the opposite direction. Judges are (gasp) human. That's why most defense lawyers don't like bench trials. A jury is the best way to avoid any potential bias, still not perfect though.

As for paying your accuser off, that is often times a cheaper option, and much easier when you know that your accuser simply wants money.