David Moore, want him back?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3d2kd160 said:
It's a neverending oddity how people expect elite play out of back-of-roster players, as if talent grows on trees in the NFL.

David Moore would be fine as a fourth or fifth option. Not sure how people would see otherwise. He's not needed, but he's of a valid caliber for that sort of role.

Actually, it’s odd to me how little we value the weapons around Russ. He was signed to the practice squad. Chalk this up with Ricardo Lockette, Kearse, McEvoy, and all the other crappy receivers we’ve asked Russ to dominate with. Heck, Baldwin and Lockett were number 1’s once, and both are a 2 at most on other teams. And Metcalf was widely dismissed as a bust before RW. Makes me wonder how much of Russ’ intense Peyton Manning like practice with his receivers elevates Metcalf

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":15xulvcu said:
Maelstrom787":15xulvcu said:
It's a neverending oddity how people expect elite play out of back-of-roster players, as if talent grows on trees in the NFL.

David Moore would be fine as a fourth or fifth option. Not sure how people would see otherwise. He's not needed, but he's of a valid caliber for that sort of role.

Actually, it’s odd to me how little we value the weapons around Russ. He was signed to the practice squad. Chalk this up with Ricardo Lockette, Kearse, McEvoy, and all the other crappy receivers we’ve asked Russ to dominate with. Heck, Baldwin and Lockett were number 1’s once, and both are a 2 at most on other teams. And Metcalf was widely dismissed as a bust before RW. Makes me wonder how much of Russ’ intense Peyton Manning like practice with his receivers elevates Metcalf

Lmao a 2 at most?! You're high. And Metcalf a bust before he was even in the NFL? He was a 1st round prospect that dropped. What am I even reading hereeeee??

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2733nl6s said:
Scorpion05":2733nl6s said:
Maelstrom787":2733nl6s said:

Lmao a 2 at most?! You're high. And Metcalf a bust before he was even in the NFL? He was a 1st round prospect that dropped. What am I even reading hereeeee??

That's the problem with sports narratives. No one owns it when they're proven wrong.

DK was ABSOLUTELY dismissed as a likely bust. His route running was criticized, he was dismissed as a one trick pony who only looks good with his shirt off. He was getting killed on twitter and even by some on this forum. However, others were excited because we knew Russ can make it work with any receiver.

Baldwin and Lockett would not be a number 1 receiver on most teams. And have never been in the category of Adams, Julio, etc. I would actually argue that as far as number 2's go, they wouldn't even rank that high. They have an accurate playmaking QB and they're "good" receivers but they're not world beaters by any stretch and may not even make the Hall of Fame.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3ofj8v1m said:
Hollandhawk":3ofj8v1m said:
Scorpion05":3ofj8v1m said:
Maelstrom787":3ofj8v1m said:

That's the problem with sports narratives. No one owns it when they're proven wrong.

DK was ABSOLUTELY dismissed as a likely bust. His route running was criticized, he was dismissed as a one trick pony who only looks good with his shirt off. He was getting killed on twitter and even by some on this forum. However, others were excited because we knew Russ can make it work with any receiver.

Baldwin and Lockett would not be a number 1 receiver on most teams. And have never been in the category of Adams, Julio, etc. I would actually argue that as far as number 2's go, they wouldn't even rank that high. They have an accurate playmaking QB and they're "good" receivers but they're not world beaters by any stretch and may not even make the Hall of Fame.

Hall of fame as a WR is probably the hardest get of any position, they have a line going around the block unless you are Randy Moss or Michael Irving, multiple Super Bowls, MVP, All Pro, be in the top 10 in a plethora of Statistics.

Thats not how you measure someone since not all WR have Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Carson Palmer, or a offense system that throws it like Drew Brees did.

By your standards, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owen and John Taylor would not make it in the league as well.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2cfjmqn9 said:
Scorpion05":2cfjmqn9 said:
Hollandhawk":2cfjmqn9 said:
Scorpion05":2cfjmqn9 said:

Hall of fame as a WR is probably the hardest get of any position, they have a line going around the block unless you are Randy Moss or Michael Irving, multiple Super Bowls, MVP, All Pro, be in the top 10 in a plethora of Statistics.

Thats not how you measure someone since not all WR have Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Carson Palmer, or a offense system that throws it like Drew Brees did.

By your standards, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owen and John Taylor would not make it in the league as well.
Jerry Rice would beg to differ, he would argue that he made Montana etc looked good[emoji3526]

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk