Dennis Dodd post Week 1 power rankings

JSeahawks

Reaction score
UW fans won't like this (and I think its a joke myself that they're not included).

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ing-ground

I think my top 10 at this point would look something like this:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Stanford
4. Clemson
5. Ohio State
6. Florida State
7. LSU
8. South Carolina
9. Texas
10. Texas A&M

I'd probably have Washington somewhere in the 15-20 range. They looked really, really good. But i'm not convinced that Boise State is anything more then a very average team this year, they didn't seem to have any speed at all. Plus Washington had the opening of a brand new stadium and revenge for a Bowl Game angle going. I need to see Washington against a few pac 12 teams, and see what happens when coaches get some film of the new offense, before I really fully buy into them.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
I agree with you. UW has been very inconsistent the last couple years. Gets blown out by LSU, then beats Stanford, then gets blown out by Oregon and Arizona. They have a chance to finish 9-4 and they choke against WSU and BSU. Incredibly and frustratingly inconsistent.

IMO, they're probably a top 15 team in terms of talent, but they need to prove it. They need to blow out Illinois and Idaho State and beat Arizona. Then they need to compete against Stanford and Oregon. No more blow outs this year. They need to compete against every team on their schedule and blow out and beat the teams they should, if they truly want to take the next step.

I don't care about rankings right now. They mean nothing. Boise was not the #19 team in the nation.

BTW, it's funny how rankings work. Clemson beats Georgia by three at home in a game that could have gone either way and Georgia drops out of the top ten. SMH. Humans are way too quick to overreact. I can't wait until a playoff happens, but it still won't matter if the human vote is allowed to be this big of a factor.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Eastern?? McNeese State???!!!!

LOL wow. Remind me to never click on a Dennis Dodd article ever again.

Oh and it gets better...

"Also receiving love: Towson, Southern Utah, Eastern Illinois, Northern Iowa."

Towson beat UConn. Is this basketball?

Southern Utah beat....................South Alabama. By 1.

Eastern Illinois beat San Diego State.

Northern Iowa beat Iowa State.

BULLSHIT.gif

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I think there's some ribbing of the power conferences in there. Don't show Stoned Cold! :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
If UW plays at that level all year they will finish in the top 10 most likely, but being ranked 15-25 is enough respect nationally for now.

When Keith Price is on his game he can be a lot of fun to watch. Not to mention all those weapons: Sankey, Mickens, Ross, Williams, ASJ, even the backup RB (Washington) looks really talented. And our defense was top 25 last season and looks maybe even better this season. Really looking forward to next week's game.

Has football in the NW (Seahawks, UW, Oregon, etc) ever been this good? I don't think it has.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Without taking into account that UW isn't on that list (meh, whatever) that is a complete joke of a top 25 if I ever saw one.

Latest posts