Denver Broncos Break down from a Pats Fan

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Ok here is how I break down the broncos:

OFFENSE:

QB -- Manning an all time great, 1st ballot HOF easily but can be easily flustered and if it is cold in NJ he will play like crap, he always does.

WR/TE -- 4 top level receivers in Thomas,Decker,Welker and then the TE Thomas again. add in second tier guys like Tammey and Wilson and they are hard to cover.

RB - Moreno a good RB but he benefits from most teams having to be in dime all the time cover their weapons.

Oline - one best in football, Manning was barely touched the last 2 games.

Analysis: Best O the Hawks have faced by a long shot. (record breakers) but I think they should keep them at bay say around 24 points for the game or less IF the Hawks do not take stupid penalties.

Defense:

Dline: Very good against the run but just ok against the pass, I mean Brady scored a rushing TD against them lol.

LBers: average at best but good against the run

secondary: getting old, IMO Bailey the weak link and living off of reputation now.

Analysis:
IMO the Hawks going have to do play ac
tion and challenge the secondary to open up lanes for Lynch.

Overall I think Seahawks 0 is better than Denver D, and both Denver O and Seahawks D will cancel eachother out mostly.

Prediction. Hawks 24 - Broncos 17

Largent80

Reaction score
Do you think their O-Line is better than SF's?

And I could ask the same question about their run D.

Inspector

Reaction score
Hawks will eat them for lunch. Denver hasn't faced this kind of pain before.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I feel like Denver is good, but that having had to play NO, CAR, ARZ, and SF a combined eight times this year means that we should be in for a much easier time on offense, theoretically.

The key is getting front-four pressure on Manning. We need two of Bennett/Avril/Clemons/Mebane to have monster games. Do that and contain Knowshon Moreno, and Seattle can win this one.

We can't count on Manning mistakes like we could Kaepernick, so maybe we can get a TD from special teams to help out?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Inspector":2tsqg8vs said:
Hawks will eat them for lunch. Denver hasn't faced this kind of pain before.

:13:

Peyton will keep them in the game, but sooner or later, he will get sacked. Bennett, Avril, and Clemons are licking their chops.

Crash123go

Reaction score
Hey I'd thought I would chime in a little since a Denver fan would know more then a pats fan.

Our oline is the best in the league. 2 of our lineman are maybe the best in the entire league at their positions, Orlando Franklin at right tackle and Louis Vasquez at RG while manny Ramirez finished the year as the 5th best center. Our weak spot is LG Zane Beadles who is average to below average in overall performance.

I don't agree with the assessment of the defense. Our dline collapsed on Brady for most of the game with only rushing 4 most of the time. Ayers is finally healthy again and has been playing well with Knighton, Malik Jackson and Sylvester Williams providing big athletic DT who can all rush the passer. Our biggest weapon in the front 7 is Danny Trevathan who has played on the same level as Thomas Davis in Carolina but hasn't had the same exposure. This is a talented defense that has hit its stride the last 4-5 games so don't think it's a soft D.

This is going to be a fun, physical matchup. Two teams that want to control the game in the trenches and are built a lot alike

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Largent80":36qxh6bz said:

Oline is 100% better than SF. IMO of course. Manning rarely gets pressured up the middle (where the pressure needs come from as he has such a quick release.)

As for the run D, hard to say (AFC and NFC so different on O's the AFC really doesnt have many running teams anymore.) IMO probably not fair judge as most teams face them have to abandon the run to stay with Manning and their O.

Crash123go

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2vzrb499 said:
Largent80":2vzrb499 said:

Oline is 100% better than SF. IMO of course. Manning rarely gets pressured up the middle (where the pressure needs come from as he has such a quick release.)

As for the run D, hard to say (AFC and NFC so different on O's the AFC really doesnt have many running teams anymore.) IMO probably not fair judge as most teams face them have to abandon the run to stay with Manning and their O.
Our run D is built to battle power schemes, right up the middle. Our struggles have come against edge guys but when I say struggles remember we still only gave up 1 100 yard rusher all year so it's a tough run D.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nice thing about this matchup: our secondary is very deep and can match up against Denver's 3rd and 4th options. TE's haven't done all that well against defenses this year.

Denver might be good against the run, but they wouldn't stop a Seattle or a SF from running. We're just a different beast. Also, they're not used to playing Wilson. Wilson hasn't looked good lately because the teams he's been playing know him very well and know how to play against him. I think Wilson is going to have a damned good day against a weak Denver secondary. If the LBers don't watch out, Wilson could have about 50 yards rushing on them as well. It's the last game of the year and I'm betting Russell will pull out all the stops.

You just saw what happened to our defense when we go all out on the rush and get out of our rush lanes: Kaepernick ran buck wild on us. Manning won't do that, so we can sell out on the pass rush to get to him.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Crash123go":2b0dxthr said:
I don't agree with the assessment of the defense. Our dline collapsed on Brady for most of the game with only rushing 4 most of the time. Ayers is finally healthy again and has been playing well with Knighton, Malik Jackson and Sylvester Williams providing big athletic DT who can all rush the passer. Our biggest weapon in the front 7 is Danny Trevathan who has played on the same level as Thomas Davis in Carolina but hasn't had the same exposure. This is a talented defense that has hit its stride the last 4-5 games so don't think it's a soft D.

This is going to be a fun, physical matchup. Two teams that want to control the game in the trenches and are built a lot alike

That said Your weakness is your CB, you got pressure on Brady because the pats Oline been sucky for over a month in pass protection (why do you think they were running so much lol)

But I 100% disagree with your assesment the Hawks and Broncos built alike, they are mirror images of eachother.

dENVER -- pASS HAPPY ATTACKING o, Wwith a average D that plays best with a lead.

Hawks _Run happy O with a D built to win games with their physical play

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Crash123go":2z2yz323 said:
PatsFanNH":2z2yz323 said:
Largent80":2z2yz323 said:

Our run D is built to battle power schemes, right up the middle. Our struggles have come against edge guys but when I say struggles remember we still only gave up 1 100 yard rusher all year so it's a tough run D.

AFC I still say have few if any good running teams left, maybe the Bills who lets face it suck!

Crash123go

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":h58r9li0 said:
Crash123go":h58r9li0 said:

That said Your weakness is your CB, you got pressure on Brady because the pats Oline been sucky for over a month in pass protection (why do you think they were running so much lol)

But I 100% disagree with your assesment the Hawks and Broncos built alike, they are mirror images of eachother.

dENVER -- pASS HAPPY ATTACKING o, Wwith a average D that plays best with a lead.

Hawks _Run happy O with a D built to win games with their physical play
Have you even looked at their personnel? Both teams run a over/under scheme with some hybrid 3-4 looks. Both are built big inside defensively with a 3-4 DE set on the strong side in the 4-3. The Seahawks use red Bryant like this and we use malik Jackson. Bruce Irvin is a Von miller clone, we both have big thumpers at strong safety and both have a athletic FS. Personnel wise both teams have been built very similar even if we throw it more it doesn't mean we can't dominate in the trenches.

our corners are nowhere near a weakness. Champ was hurt most of the year yes but that also kept him fresh and has looked A LOT like pre-30's champ while DRC has played the best football of his career. Our corners dominated the pats so I'm not sure where you saw a weakness.

Crash123go

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":5uh5olns said:
Crash123go":5uh5olns said:
PatsFanNH":5uh5olns said:
Largent80":5uh5olns said:

AFC I still say have few if any good running teams left, maybe the Bills who lets face it suck!
That's true but Denver faces 2 of the best in the league in our own division with the chargers and chiefs.

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Crash,

I forgot about the Chiefs! And lets face it the Chargers Run game IN THE PLAYOFFS was not the same their #1 RB was out. But in the regular season they kept it close and split with you guys, both games were tight and close. (with KC their D couldnt stop you guys at all was sad really made the Pats of yesterday look like SB winners WITHOUT Talib lol so the run game was diminished.)

49ers

Reaction score
This Pats fan doesn't even know anything.

The winner of the NFC Championship was going to win the Super Bowl.

Brady & Manning were each sitting in the pocket making throws against weak defenses. No running game to speak of.

Manning is going to get CRUSHED this game. He's going to have to get the ball out quickly, and the Seahawks know this.

I think the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl, and it won't even be close when it's all said and done. Turnovers will rule all.

33 - 20, just because they let the Broncos score the last touchdown as time winds down.

Crash123go

Reaction score
49ers":13093sxi said:

Brady & Manning were each sitting in the pocket making throws against weak defenses. No running game to speak of.

Manning is going to get CRUSHED this game. He's going to have to get the ball out quickly, and the Seahawks know this.

I think the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl, and it won't even be close when it's all said and done. Turnovers will rule all.

33 - 20, just because they let the Broncos score the last touchdown as time winds down.
Wow! And why is that? I'd love to hear your reasoning besides just your opinion?

OP
OP
P

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
49ers":3jy36exr said:

Yes, because the 49ers OFFENSE was such a juggernaut! :shock:

Lets compare shall we:

QB: Manning >>>>>>> Kaep. Pleas this isnt even THIS close.

WR/TE: Welker #4 option better than your top 3 options at WR.

Oline: Denver has probowlers in the middle and with Manning quick release outside rushers rarely have time.

As for Brady having time, what game you watch?

Crash123go

Reaction score
Any Fan of any team that thinks this is going to be a cake walk for either side knows nothing about football and hasn't watched either team play. Especially on Denver's side, the media wants you to think were all finesse and have no defense but they couldn't be any more wrong.