Deshaun Watson Allegations

hannibalking

Reaction score
Either way the truth goes it looks like we have a group of women being used by a sleazy man.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Wolfiegrrl":r0ljr3hc said:
As a woman and licensed massage therapist in Oregon, this is really concerning to me. Now there are 6 women coming forward with allegations of this nature against this guy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... un-watson/

I used to be a Texans fan. Can't root for them with all the decisions they've made in the last 3 years. Then I was rooting for Watson. Yea, not doing it anymore.

This makes the Wilson Trade Drama look like nothing.

As a massage therapist would it not be a red flag that this guy was willing to fly you in to give him a massage?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1q4tm37i said:
Wolfiegrrl":1q4tm37i said:
As a woman and licensed massage therapist in Oregon, this is really concerning to me. Now there are 6 women coming forward with allegations of this nature against this guy.

I used to be a Texans fan. Can't root for them with all the decisions they've made in the last 3 years. Then I was rooting for Watson. Yea, not doing it anymore.

As a massage therapist would it not be a red flag that this guy was willing to fly you in to give him a massage?

Florio reports that one of the women was a referral from the Texans. Another was from his private QB coach. If I were doing that work, it's almost like the opportunity that Brady took with his holistic guy, who probably wouldn't have been who he is, without Brady.

So I don't blame those women (the ones above) for seeing it as a legit business op.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The things the plaintiff is describing are absolutely disgusting, and scary I'm stunned that Deshaun Watson would act that way because he seems like such a great guy, and caring person.

And why do people keep thinking that they can treat a masseuse this way and get away with it? Once she says she's not comfortable, pay her for her trip and let her go!

It doesn't matter if you're a celebrity, or if you're wealthy, or both! Everyone deserves the same level of respect!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Thanks. I’m not blaming the masseuses either. Just interested to hear your opinions. There is a big difference between a CMT and a massage parlor too. It sounds like Watson wanted the kind of places that nut job shot up in Atlanta or the place in Miami that Craft got arrested in.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1uynvwkr said:
Thanks. I’m not blaming the masseuses either. Just interested to hear your opinions. There is a big difference between a CMT and a massage parlor too. It sounds like Watson wanted the kind of places that nut job shot up in Atlanta or the place in Miami that Craft got arrested in.

Why are you slandering the people who died at the hands of a racist murderer. Those shops were legal businesses. You using them to push your lame take is the same as the pos cop telling the world the murder had a bad day.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2070clog said:
Wolfiegrrl":2070clog said:

Sure it's a red flag. But I've also known massage therapists who've worked with athletes, celebrities, and even presidents without the implication of being a $ex worker.

For 6 years I taught and managed a massage therapy program. In massage school, the students are taught how to screen for this kind of thing. We go over this kind of stuff a lot. How to spot it. How to handle it. How to stay away from it. Keywords to listen for when screening a client in order to avoid situations such as this.

The one gal that flew out from Atlanta is a single mom that was hoping to make enough money to go to school for massage. But then again, she was advertising she's doing massage on Instagram without any freaking training. I feel bad for her and what she experienced. However, had she taken classes, she'd have known "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

I'm not blaming her at all. Just saying she would have been better prepared had she gone to school first.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wolfiegrrl":ifkn4twn said:
brimsalabim":ifkn4twn said:
Wolfiegrrl":ifkn4twn said:

Sure it's a red flag. But I've also known massage therapists who've worked with athletes, celebrities, and even presidents without the implication of being a $ex worker.

For 6 years I taught and managed a massage therapy program. In massage school, the students are taught how to screen for this kind of thing. We go over this kind of stuff a lot. How to spot it. How to handle it. How to stay away from it. Keywords to listen for when screening a client in order to avoid situations such as this.

The one gal that flew out from Atlanta is a single mom that was hoping to make enough money to go to school for massage. But then again, she was advertising she's doing massage on Instagram without any freaking training. I feel bad for her and what she experienced. However, had she taken classes, she'd have known "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

I'm not blaming her at all. Just saying she would have been better prepared had she gone to school first.

Well then we have the cases of people who were certified and licensed and/or recommended by a QB trainer or Texans staff themselves. They got treated the same way or worse as seen in the December 2020 complaint. which involves allegations of that licensed and trained CMT being coerced into oral sex and blacking out and literally defecating on herself.

i'm not blaming her or any of the now 22 people either, but one thing I think needs to happen here is that the licensing boards make it crystal what the rules are in the house, namely that a person's wellness needs and their erotic needs cannot be met for pay by someone licensed for the former. After all, we do that for shrinks, and chiros, and acupuncturists. We do that for everyone else in the medical commmunity.

knownone

Reaction score
One lesson here is that we shouldn't believe the manufactured image that these athletes and their P.R. teams create for themselves. I've been reading some Houston fan posts on the situation, and they legitimately don't believe the stories because of how "great a guy Watson is". Meanwhile, none of them have ever spent time with him in a personal setting to know what type of person he is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":12a4iap6 said:
One lesson here is that we shouldn't believe the manufactured image that these athletes and their P.R. teams create for themselves. I've been reading some Houston fan posts on the situation, and they legitimately don't believe the stories because of how "great a guy Watson is". Meanwhile, none of them have ever spent time with him in a personal setting to know what type of person he is.
It’s really not that surprising. Most athletes are not the Saints they paint themselves out to be.
The Edgar Martinez’s and Steve Largent’s of the world are rare birds.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":10oytcfb said:
Sounds like a Belicheat guy to me. The Pats may have found their next star QB.

With 22 women having filed or consulting to file suit against him, I'm really wondering whether the league will allow him to play at all until much of this is resolved.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
“Per advice from a well known criminal defense attorney,” Buzbee said Saturday night on social media, “[o]ur team will be submitting affidavits and evidence from several women, who had experiences with Deshaun Watson, to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning. We will request that a grand jury be empaneled to consider the evidence we provide.”

I think there's an ethical quandary around being a civil lawyer for the plaintiff and saying publicly that you're pushing the cops to investigate. The conflict is in the amount of any judgment or settlement, which the lawyer typically receives 30 to 40 percent of.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to believe..
On one hand there is this civil suit..On other there was not one police complaint
filed when it happened.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3f4wru0l said:
JustTheTip":3f4wru0l said:

With 22 women having filed or consulting to file suit against him, I'm really wondering whether the league will allow him to play at all until much of this is resolved.

For the Pats.... as long as he isn't arrested for murder.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3bgh09zm said:
SantaClaraHawk":3bgh09zm said:
JustTheTip":3bgh09zm said:

For the Pats.... as long as he isn't arrested for murder.
Imo a better fit for the Steelers.

James in PA

Reaction score
Niners are still interested in this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
11 different women have alleged Watson made them touch his body inappropriately. Dwayne Haskins calls this a Tuesday night.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ajoyfwu said:
11 different women have alleged Watson made them touch his body inappropriately. Dwayne Haskins calls this a Tuesday night.

I have not heard of any sexual assault allegations filed against Haskins. Why are you comparing the two in this way?

I think I know why you are doing it but maybe you can explain.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":37ivymjy said:
Niners are still interested in this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Niners even brought him in for a visit, major social uproar would be had, probably led by Ann Killion at the SF Chronicle. She used to be on their masthead as an interim managing editor/EE or something like that. Before long everyone would be saying the 9ers haven't learned anything since the Charles Haley days.

There's that, plus the fact that the 9ers don't really have cap if they trade for Deshaun's price as it was maybe eight days ago.

At this point, it'd have to be almost like a situation where they take on the contract, get a JJ-Watt caliber player from there, plus two first rounders to even think about it.

Then there's the fact that whoever has Watson on their team may not be able to use him due to the extant possibility of him being put on the commissioner's list.