Devin Bush

bileever

Reaction score
A Steelers website is already bemoaning the fact that he's no longer with the team:

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Idk guys. He didn't look that good to me besides the hit on special teams. Didn't make any plays at the line of scrimmage...didn't hit the hole really hard...got exposed in zone coverage. As a lb in Seattle playing mainly cover 3. He will fit in. He did have a good pass break up covering in man. One thing he has over the other backers is intensity. At least he is trying and seems more competent.

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Idk guys. He didn't look that good to me besides the hit on special teams. Didn't make any plays at the line of scrimmage...didn't hit the hole really hard...got exposed in zone coverage. As a lb in Seattle playing mainly cover 3. He will fit in. He did have a good pass break up covering in man. One thing he has over the other backers is intensity. At least he is trying and seems more competent.
6 tackles and TFL all while playing with the 1's.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Bush was really good yesterday. Looks like Seahawks got a steal in free agency. I was a bit worried that he was just a stand in until Jordyn Brooks returned. I wrong about that. Brooks might not see the field when he's back and healthy if Bush keeps this up into the regular season.

bileever

Reaction score
Bush wasn't a steal and the Steelers didn't "just let him walk." The Steelers had a tough choice to make. The fifth-year option would have cost them $10.9 million. They didn't want to pay that, given the injuries he had in the last couple of years. I think they would have liked to have him back for a bargain price.

The Seahawks signed Bush for $3.5 million, which is not cheap. The average NFL salary for an interior linebacker is somewhat less than that. There are only ten LBs that make $10 milion per year or more. To put it into context, Bobby Wagner is getting $5.5 million this year.

What should make you feel good is that Cody Barton is also getting the same salary, $3.5 million from the Commanders. I think that Bush is an upgrade over Barton, if he's healthy. It's a gamble, and hopefully it pays off. We did need to fill that position, and for those of you who are bitching about Bush, who else do you think we could have gotten at that price during the off-season? (Btw, I posted that I thought we should sign Germaine Pratt, but he ended up signing for a lot more than people thought he would get, $6.75 million per year.)

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bush wasn't a steal and the Steelers didn't "just let him walk." The Steelers had a tough choice to make. The fifth-year option would have cost them $10.9 million. They didn't want to pay that, given the injuries he had in the last couple of years. I think they would have liked to have him back for a bargain price.

The Seahawks signed Bush for $3.5 million, which is not cheap. The average NFL salary for an interior linebacker is somewhat less than that. There are only ten LBs that make $10 milion per year or more. To put it into context, Bobby Wagner is getting $5.5 million this year.

What should make you feel good is that Cody Barton is also getting the same salary, $3.5 million from the Commanders. I think that Bush is an upgrade over Barton, if he's healthy. It's a gamble, and hopefully it pays off. We did need to fill that position, and for those of you who are bitching about Bush, who else do you think we could have gotten at that price during the off-season? (Btw, I posted that I thought we should sign Germaine Pratt, but he ended up signing for a lot more than people thought he would get, $6.75 million per year.)
Agreed. Bush is a major upgrade over Barton

toffee

Reaction score

Very good points!

Latest posts