DJ Reed

Smellyman

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1sgljgya said:
I dont know where you guys think all our players are going to request outrageous amounts of money. In order to do that they have to be all pro or pro bowl level players. Griffin is not, but plays well in Pete's scheme.
He isnt going anywhere.

He has been in a Pro Bowl (but really pro bowls mean jack to GMs) and will definitely be a CB in Free Agency teams will be looking at.

And he won't get outrageous money, but how much is too much? 9 per? 10 per? I think that is too high.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/sh ... 020-season

A lot to shake out until then though.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Smellyman":3w2ixhha said:
jamescasey1124":3w2ixhha said:
I dont know where you guys think all our players are going to request outrageous amounts of money. In order to do that they have to be all pro or pro bowl level players. Griffin is not, but plays well in Pete's scheme.
He isnt going anywhere.

He has been in a Pro Bowl (but really pro bowls mean jack to GMs) and will definitely be a CB in Free Agency teams will be looking at.

And he won't get outrageous money, but how much is too much? 9 per? 10 per? I think that is too high.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/sh ... 020-season

A lot to shake out until then though.

9 isnt much. Considering we gave 7 to olsen to let balls go through his hands.

PNW

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2y1sgd3d said:
Mad Dog":2y1sgd3d said:
DJ Reed was on PUP not PS. But point taken.

I'm drooling over a secondary of a healthy Diggs, Adams, Reed, Dunbar and Griffin. Can we get them all playing by the end of the season?

Combine that with a DL rotation with Dunlap and Harrison combined with the young guys we've got already.

Now if we can get PETE to start playing defense rather than playing the clock, we'd be fine.

That's better
Couldn’t have said it any better myself. I’m rewatching the game(3rd time)as I type....in the 4th quarter with 9:31 left in the game the camera shows Pete in Norton’s ear, KNJ writing down on his little note pad notes. Up until this point we weren’t playing prevent D, we were sending blitzes still Wagner just missed a sack and got a decent hit on SF’s QB, in fact they shouldn’t have even scored their TD to bring the score to 14, Dunbar drops an interception. However after this point we came out not blitzing and eventually went into our more passive defense. It’s clealy Pete’s call, we keep seeing evidence of this over and over again. Norton is just an ambassador for Pete Carroll.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Reed continues to impress me. Looks like a way better returner compared with Moore. Love this move by the Hawks.

getnasty

Reaction score
seabowl":2f9edie1 said:
Reed continues to impress me. Looks like a way better returner compared with Moore. Love this move by the Hawks.

Yeah if ball secured issue are all the same please put Reed back there over Moore all day.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't see any way Reed doesn't spend part of his future here. Pete values versatility highly and 2-3 CBs is not enough.
Also think Neal needs to be added to the "surprise" performers keeper list. He has come up bigtime for us. Waaay beyond his pay scale.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
My prediction when he was moved to the 53 that he’ll be a starter is coming true. :lol:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ryan Neal had that tip that led to the interception.

DJ Reed has made some incredible plays to bat balls away. I love how he does not concede catches, nor take the lazy way of covering some of our other guys have been prone too.

DJ Reed, Carlos Dunlap, and Ryan Neal have literally saved this season for the Hawks.

We easily have 1-2 additional losses without them, if not 1 more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29vfs436 said:
Ryan Neal had that tip that led to the interception.

DJ Reed has made some incredible plays to bat balls away. I love how he does not concede catches, nor take the lazy way of covering some of our other guys have been prone too.

DJ Reed, Carlos Dunlap, and Ryan Neal have literally saved this season for the Hawks.

We easily have 1-2 additional losses without them, if not 1 more.
This.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Reed is a baller and seems to fit right into this system.

I hope they keep him and he continues to play great. He's a feisty little fart out there.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Reminds me of Justin Coleman. Provides a tangible spark despite not fitting the established prototype for a Seattle corner. Can move all around and has a knack for the big play, adept in zone with instinct that can't be taught. There's nothing not to love about the kid, and the defense is noticeably better with him on the field.

Polk738

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2e031kie said:
Watching the replay like I always do after wins, that was an impressive pick he had. Degree of difficulty was up there and he made it look easy.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dj ... &FORM=VIRE

Murph on Top Billin broke that play down as well but what was even more fascinating to me was how he showed the same play but it was from the Cowboys game with Tre Flowers at LCB, Cedric Wilson runs that over route and Trey leaves his zone resulting in the TD.

WFT tries to run the EXACT same play with Cam Sims only this time it's DJ Reed recognizing the play and staying in his zone because he knows he has help over the top with Quandre Diggs- resulting in the INT. Zone concepts with man principles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n88QTRK_9Sc