DK…am I trippin or…

GemCity

Reaction score
…there’s reason to worry? Yea, he’s rehabbing his injury, we can tag him after the current contract expires, etc…

But…Pete sounded less than confident in his last presser. Talks on “pause”? No doubt DKs agent is pushing for something similar to Brown’s.

Sans Brooks and rookies, DK is the one guy I wouldn’t even consider trading. What if the thought process is we’re grabbing our QB next year (will need a year or two to develop) and we move DK for picks?

DKs what…24? I’m really shocked we haven’t locked him in. Same agent as Deebo…I get it. But gotdamn…

Spohawks

Reaction score
You trippin bro. With extra fat WR contracts being handed out all off season in the NFL, DK is saying, let keep the tradition going in Sea-town. Just Business.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It's only June. Time to get hot in August and freak out in September.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I think we as Seahawk fans have enough on our plate. I wouldn't worry about some agent who wants to make money, that's
business.
What if DK gets more receiving yards and TD's this coming season and feels best to stay put? It can happen. Jerry Jones is interested in DK and I'm sure the offer will come but then you would have to be a cowboys fan, right? Forgetaboutit!

JPatera76

Reaction score
wait until people find out he's been hanging out with Russell the last week or so and taking his money in a game of poker.

Thats some great rehab lol

RiverDog

Reaction score
We should have traded him before the draft. We're in a rebuild mode, and you don't build teams around wide receivers, you build them starting with the offensive and defensive lines. Only with a team that is a player away from contending do you go after/resign a top 5 wide receiver.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
We should have traded him before the draft. We're in a rebuild mode, and you don't build teams around wide receivers, you build them starting with the offensive and defensive lines. Only with a team that is a player away from contending do you go after/resign a top 5 wide receiver.
The Cowboys have had the consensus “best” Oline for years…what have they won?
You have to have quality wr’s and Lockett is most likely on his final run with the Hawks. In my opinion you sign DK now and get him the majority of his money the next couple years while they’re not paying a QB. Then when the QB is ready DK is on the friendly end of his deal.
They invested serious draft capital this year on the Oline, they are building a solid looking defensive unit and hopefully restocked the RB room.
Get these guys their money now and then go get that QB and the window will be open.

RiverDog

Reaction score
You have to have quality wr’s and Lockett is most likely on his final run with the Hawks. In my opinion you sign DK now and get him the majority of his money the next couple years while they’re not paying a QB. Then when the QB is ready DK is on the friendly end of his deal.
They invested serious draft capital this year on the Oline, they are building a solid looking defensive unit and hopefully restocked the RB room.
Get these guys their money now and then go get that QB and the window will be open.
Keep in mind that I didn't limit my comments to the OL. I also included the DL. The Cowboys defense has sucked. The joke has been that they're the Alice Cowboys, because there's no 'D' in Dallas. Besides, they have had quality WR's, spent a fortune for Amari Cooper, including a first round pick in a trade with the Raiders. And I'm talking about rebuilding, not adding a missing piece to an already good team, like the Rams did when they brought in Beckham.

I agree with having quality WR's, but you don't need a world class athlete at WR to do well (see Cooper Kupp). In our Super Bowl years, our starting WR's were Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse, not All Pros but very reliable, and we didn't spend high draft picks to get them, both being UDFA's.

Resigning Metcalf is not our top priority. Finding our next QBOTF is. Trade Metcalf and we'll get some capital to acquire one. Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen. If you don't have a good quarterback to get the ball to him or good protection to allow time for the WR's to get into their routes, what good is an All Pro Olympic class athlete WR? We don't have a proven QB and we're likely to start two rookie tackles, and while I'm encouraged about their future, they are bound to have some growing pains.

IMO that's one reason why Metcalf and his agent are anxious to get an extension now, because his numbers could take a dive and hurt his marketability.

Last edited:

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I think DK is and has drawn alot of attention. Started off with shirtless at his signing. I get the idea of selling himself but that was Russell's downfall. He needs to be more than Gallaway was. Maybe watch and take from Lockett and refine other skills than the long bomb. There is great talent in him, but he should not be bigger than the game. He needs to get to camp. Brown did this last year and you saw what it did for him=0

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think DK is and has drawn alot of attention. Started off with shirtless at his signing. I get the idea of selling himself but that was Russell's downfall. He needs to be more than Gallaway was. Maybe watch and take from Lockett and refine other skills than the long bomb. There is great talent in him, but he should not be bigger than the game. He needs to get to camp. Brown did this last year and you saw what it did for him=0
DK was shirtless at the combine interview. And it was the Seahawks Scouts Director‘s idea not DKs.

QWERTY

Reaction score
So how much will you be willing to pay DK?

Also note that the following players will approach FA soon Brooks , Taylor, Harris , Ford.

Fade

Reaction score
DK Wants the bag, he deserves it, I would've traded him, as Pete wants to be a running team anyway. Running teams do not need a #1 WR who will only be targeted 5 times a game.

DK is still super young, freaky athletic, very productive despite being double teamed consistently, still developing and getting better, and has had one of the best starts to a WR career in NFL history. He is a bigger, faster, T.O. , with less drama.

If I'm DK's agent I'm asking for $30M APY, $30M Signing bonus, $60M Fully guaranteed, with a 3rd year guaranteed for injury. $90M total guarantees, Pretty standard, but the Seahawks are always surprised for some reason by these mega contracts.

If the Seahawks weren't willing to pay that, they should've traded him.

Gotta hope they can negotiate him down closer to $25M, he gets impatient, wants the money, and signs come training camp.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
@RiverDog
First off…Cooper Kupp is a world class athlete and WR. That is why he just signed for 80 mil.

As to the lines they committed significant draft capital towards the Oline and have they have quite a few pieces for the Dline and the new scheme they are going to run.
Should have a couple decent picks next year and possibly room for a bigger FA at the DE position.

As for Doug and Jermaine I loved them both…this board talked a whole lot of shit about Kearse. They were both under paid. I would prefer that when they sign the QB he has two legit vet WR’s rather than unproven UDFA’s.

And yes other players will want to get payed. That’s why I suggested they sign DK now and get him the bulk of the money upfront and then more team friendly at the end since they are not paying a Qb.

If they make a habit of dumping players when they’re up for big market deals they will lose players confidence.
Kupp made reference to this after signing his deal about the Rams commitment.

And yes players and agents always want the deal sooner than later…injury or poor team performance can destroy potential.

As far as how much $$$…. Whatever the market lets the two parties agree on. Billionaire owners and a trillion dollar league…

sc85sis

Reaction score
Guess it's a good thing John and Pete have been working on the DL and OL (and LB corps) then.

• Picked up C Dakoda Shepley from waivers
  • Got DL Shelby Harris in the Wilson trade
  • Signed DE Alex Tchangam to a futures contract
  • Signed DT Myles Adams to a futures contract
  • Signed UDFA DT Matt Gotel
  • Signed UDFA DT Jarrod Hewitt
  • Signed FA G Austin Blythe
  • Signed UDFA G Shamarious Gilmore
  • Drafted LT Charles Cross
  • Drafted RT Abraham Lucas
  • Signed UDFA OT Greg Eiland
  • Signed UDFA OT Liam Ryan
  • Drafted LB Boye Mafe
  • Signed FA LB Uchenna Nwosu
  • Drafted LB Tyreke Smith
  • Signed UDFA LB Joshua Onujiogu

RiverDog

Reaction score
@RiverDog
First off…Cooper Kupp is a world class athlete and WR. That is why he just signed for 80 mil.

Cooper Kupp ran a 4.62 40 at the combine, one of the slowest 40 times of the all the WR's at the combine. His vertical jump was 31". The average for WR's is 36". Metcalf had a 40.5" jump. That is NOT world class. To the contrary, Kupp is a sloth. He is anything BUT a world class athlete. Yet he had what was arguably the best season ever for a WR, winning receiving's triple crown (receptions, yards, TD's) and the SB MVP. He's living proof that you don't have to be a great athlete in order to excel at the position. Kupp succeeds in spite of his athleticism, not because of it.

And before you say it, I realize that straight ahead speed and vertical jumping ability aren't the only measure of a world class athlete. But they are major ones, without which one can't be considered a world class athlete, at least not as it pertains to our discussion about football.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Unless he's missing time in July training camp, not gonna' waste a second worrying about it. This is just how it goes in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I said five months ago, if DK's cool with around 25M per year then we're good, but if he's going to demand to be the highest paid receiver in the league wanting closer to 30M?

Then we're going to have a problem.

Looks like the latter scenario is happening, so this one might be trickier then most.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well, a lot of assumptions. But IF he wants 30 a year, they can trade him and get a hell of a haul.

On this team at this moment in time DK is arguably the most important player on the entire team.

He's not only our best player from a skill set, he's also the de facto team leader. Which is weird to think, but with no more Bobby and Russ, it's true.

Idk what he wants, but like I said the only reason he's not here for mandatory camp is he's not happy about how his contract negotiations are going. That usually means "you're not offering enough."