DK is really the next Antonio Brown, Terell Owens

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I'm excited to have this "fanbase" shrink. Weeding out the bandwagon fans eliminates wild opinions.

keasley45

Reaction score
What's going to be interesting is what happens to his and Russ's relationship when DK gets fed up with all the missed opportunities when he's been open and Russ missed him. There were two for TDs against GB and he famously tossed Hi helmet on the sidelines after being missed a few times in a game last year..

DK has dropped his share, but the misses from Russ will no doubt be what he focuses on. And if a fan can see how bad it is on gamepass, then so can he. If DK sours on Russ, look out. I'm not so sure that kind of internal criticism is something Russ can handle well. AdB used to call him out all the time but he knew how to deal with #3 and was wise beyond his years in that way. Dk? Not so much.

Tokadub

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":h2a4ms5a said:
No chance to win? Just stop. It was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. They had plenty of chances to win.
On point of the thread, I've tried to stick up for DK for a long while now. After yet another tantrum and seeing him act like a 5 year old, I'm officially worried about the guy. IF he keeps doing this, trade him in the off season a for a haul.
This is becoming a habit more than just a once in awhile thing. I have the guy's jersey, one of my favorite players, but dude needs to grow up, period.

There was literally 83 seconds left in the 4th quarter with us down by 17 points when DK got ejected...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401326476

(1:23 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) R.Wilson pass incomplete short middle to D.Metcalf. Penalty on SEA-D.Metcalf, Disqualification, offsetting. Penalty on GB-D.Savage, Taunting, offsetting. Penalty on SEA-J.Jones, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, offsetting.

We had no chance to win at the point DK got in a fight, that's a fact.

Tokadub

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lotvlnv said:
I never thought I would ever say or even think it. But I'm to the point where I think it might be best for the team to move on from him. Could get a nice haul back imo.

He's literally the best player on our offense right now with Russell and Shane Waldren sucking ass this year... what are you smoking?

Lockett is only good vs bad defenses so far this season. DK is the only guy we have that can improve and possibly help to carry our sorry ass team.

I just made that Lockett statement before even looking up the stats but sure enough:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LockTy00.htm

Lockett's only "Good" games this season come against the three teams ranked 19-21 in yards allowed (Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts).... he hasn't had a good game against an above average defense...

In the other 6 games Lockett is averaging 30.33 yards a game!!!!

We still need a 3rd receiver which we straight up don't have...

Unless Chris Carson comes back late in the season and starts playing like the best running back in the league, we are gonna get knocked out early in the playoffs even if we make it (which we 90% won't at this point).

Tokadub

Reaction score
classicaaron":i2m0e37h said:
hes becoming really hard to like. i dont mind the complaining and whining if he was truly elite, but hes far more talk than substance. hard to throw to a guy consistently when he drops a few balls every week. More throws his way equals more drops and hes killed 3rd down conversions way too many times to be relied on. this offense has a hard enough time staying on the field.

and at this point hes much more dez bryant or obj than either brown or owens.

DK Metcalf would be ranked 14th all time in most reception yards in his first 3 seasons with his 66.77 average per game so far this season and then subtracting 66.77 because we have 1 additional game this season...

He is on pace for 3275 yards in his first 3 seasons even with subtracting 1 game off for the 17th game...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-receiving-yards-in-first-3-seasons

If being 14th best all time in reception yards in a run oriented team... in a super tough division where all 3 of our divisional opponents have extremely strong defenses...

All 3 of our divisional opponents are above average in yards allowed per game this season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Cardinals are ranked 4th, 49ers are ranked 8th, Rams are ranked 11...

For reference we are ranked 31st...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm smoking something because I finally have to admit that his tantrums are a real issue.
He's one of my favorite players in the league. But if you think he's just gonna' stop acting like this, you're the one smoking something. I have spent his entire career sticking up for the guy. Sunday just finally made me admit that people were right about the issues. This isn't a once in awhile thing, this is a pattern.
Incredible player, but also extremely immature at this point. Grow up and do your job kid. He has all the talent in the world, maybe let your play do the talking for awhile?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":lzwr5emd said:
Yeah, I'm smoking something because I finally have to admit that his tantrums are a real issue.
He's one of my favorite players in the league. But if you think he's just gonna' stop acting like this, you're the one smoking something. I have spent his entire career sticking up for the guy. Sunday just finally made me admit that people were right about the issues. This isn't a once in awhile thing, this is a pattern.
Incredible player, but also extremely immature at this point. Grow up and do your job kid. He has all the talent in the world, maybe let your play do the talking for awhile?

Totally agree with your last points.

I've had employees like him in the old days. I always said: "I hire based on attitude and reasonable quaifications. The rest can be taught. Attitude cannot."

I must be getting older 'cause i have ZERO tolerance for 'me first' and 'showboating'. Just do your job and STFU please.
We get it. You're awesome. Maybe take a break from the 4-ways with internet chicks and get back to not dropping the ball when it's put IN YOUR HANDS. Just a thought.

I'd trade/cut him. Just to make a point.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nejir6r said:
But remember, it somehow is RUSS' fault when DK drops a pass. :?

Exactly. Rest of the time, I guess, just run around yelling "gimme the ball" - gotta catch it tho.

toffee

Reaction score
Sorry, as a proud Rebel, I have to defend my alum DK. Frustrations built when you were either open or one on one against a LB, yet ball went elsewhere, for incompletion that stalked drives.

DK is an emotional boy, he cried when drafted, he wears his emotion on his pacifier, but his frustration were justified.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
toffee":xqfswhe4 said:
Sorry, as a proud Rebel, I have to defend my alum DK. Frustrations built when you were either open or one on one against a LB, yet ball went elsewhere, for incompletion that stalked drives.

DK is an emotional boy, he cried when drafted, he wears his emotion on his pacifier, but his frustration were justified.

Well actually - my problem is that as an ex-lifter - football aside - i LOVE DK. I'd kill for his body fat %.

The problem I have isn't with the passion, it's when it crosses over into ******* stupid, really.

toffee

Reaction score
ddores":1di6w3w6 said:
toffee":1di6w3w6 said:

Well actually - my problem is that as an ex-lifter - football aside - i LOVE DK. I'd kill for his body fat %.

The problem I have isn't with the passion, it's when it crosses over into f*** stupid, really.
DK is an emotional guy, he might express himself differently, but I felt his frustration.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
keasley45":11hwhkjy said:
What's going to be interesting is what happens to his and Russ's relationship when DK gets fed up with all the missed opportunities when he's been open and Russ missed him. There were two for TDs against GB and he famously tossed Hi helmet on the sidelines after being missed a few times in a game last year..

DK has dropped his share, but the misses from Russ will no doubt be what he focuses on. And if a fan can see how bad it is on gamepass, then so can he. If DK sours on Russ, look out. I'm not so sure that kind of internal criticism is something Russ can handle well. AdB used to call him out all the time but he knew how to deal with #3 and was wise beyond his years in that way. Dk? Not so much.
That's what actually needs to happen. The reason russ was so good in 2015 was ADB getting in his ass

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":23p8ov9r said:
keasley45":23p8ov9r said:

That's what actually needs to happen. The reason russ was so good in 2015 was ADB getting in his ass

2015 was before Russ evolved into Mr. Unlimited, and aspired team owner. Upon his retirement, only QB our Angry thanked and praised was TJack, ooouch. DK better watch out, it's no fun to be on the wrong side of your franchise QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zv44dqf said:
Pretty much every thread has now become a blast Russ somehow thread.
Damn does this team need a win :?

We have not even reached critical mass yet, just remember the Hass bash threads for a couple years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you have a good point there.
That being said, it's just dumping rain out there. Thanks, Russ :irishdrinkers:

Have a good night.

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xqq9vd8 said:
Pretty much every thread has now become a blast Russ somehow thread.
Damn does this team need a win :?
no worries, we have John63, to blast Russ one have to get by John the defender,.

flv

Reaction score
Late in the game Metcalf grabbed one of the Packers by the face-mask and held on for about 10 seconds. After releasing it he grabbed it a 2nd time and held on. After releasing it a 2nd time he then hit the same player in the head. Metcalf was ejected from the game, although this was not immediately made clear to the viewing audience by the referee on the field. Metcalf did not leave the players area as ejected players are required to do by NFL rules and on a following play he tried to re-enter the game. He was then prevented from doing so by an official and told to leave. For his actions Metcalf was fined $6,949.

Earlier in the game Dunlap picked up a shoe, that had come off a Packers player's foot, and threw the shoe. Dunlap was fined $10,300.

I'd like to point out that shoes are important and they should never be disrespected by any NFL player.
#shoesmatter.