Dougs tweet has hawks twitter fired up!!!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Fade":2mkaib7r said:
HawkinNY":2mkaib7r said:
jeremiah":2mkaib7r said:
A new head coach makes more sense. Someone who knows the West Coast offense of Steve Young or current KC runs. RW is perfect for that style of offense. I am not a fan of his per se, Wilson that is, but the draft choices just are not worth a top 10 QB. You MUST get a QB back, plus at least 2 middle to high firsts possible. If you get no QB , you may as well retire the core and begin again. I know that isn't going to happen, but if it doesn't the best scenario is RW as a Hawk.[/quote]Russ can’t run the west coast. He has trouble seeing the middle of the field. How many open TE’s and receivers has he missed over the middle. Where he didn’t even through it. He needs lanes in his line open to see them. So it’s a designed type of play. Taller QB’s would do better in the WCO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson ran the west coast offense at NC State for 4 years, what are you talking about? :D :D :D

[youtube]2fLbYZGBHmk[/youtube]

Shane Waldron comes from the West Coast offense, so it looks like they hired the wrong guy. :shock: :D :D :D

He transferred to Wisconsin and the NFL & NCAA are 2 different things.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete's sons are going to tell him what the players are saying, they will not say things to hurt his ego or feelings, why the players walked on egg shells around them, it was a communication line back to Pete.

Anyone that thinks different is kidding themselves, they may make suggestions about stuff. But not like a Tom Cable or Schotty would. That's where Philosophical difference come in.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2ee6z2i1 said:
knownone":2ee6z2i1 said:
mistaowen":2ee6z2i1 said:
Unless this all stems from those rumors awhile ago that Russ was above criticism, too close to the FO, etc and the locker room didn’t like that. So now that’s he’s upset with them and looking to leave, they’re laughing/saying told you so?

This 30 for 30 in 10 years talking about the Seahawks after the Pats SB loss will be must watch TV haha
It wasn't just that he was above criticism. Didn't Russell ask Pete to stop allowing the defense to talk smack to him in practice? There was an article about that the year Sherman left. At the time, I thought it was just sour grapes, but a lot of their complaints have seemingly come true.

For example, they said Russ cared more about his brand than the team. They said if he didn't get his way, he would go behind your back and tell on you. The whole article frames Russell as the problem with Pete enabling his diva-like behavior. It was all laughable at the time, but the fact that it's even somewhat relevant today is crazy. I always thought Sherman was the problem. Now, I'm not so sure. That 30-30 needs to be made tomorrow. I can't wait 10 years for the potential Wilson heel-turn.

Did Sherman yell at Jimmy G? And tell him he sucks while throwing the ball at him?

Did Kearse yell at Sam Darnold? Would Baldwin have spoken to Matt Flynn that way?

Do you think the Bills defense trashes Josh Allen, or the Chargers defense trashes Justin Herbert? Do you think Mahomes is spoken that way? Brady? Peyton Manning?

This may ruffle some feathers, but these are the same "Russ isn't black enough" players in the locker room. It's hard for most of America to understand this, but there is something to a (black) locker room not liking "Carlton" like QBs. It happened to Donovan McNabb. They prefer "Will Smith" like QBs like Cam Newton, or Mike Vick, or even Watson. "Carlton" like Qbs behave just like their other QB peers around the league. Receiving the same level of coddling and protection. Somehow, they felt Wilson wasn't above them when a franchise QB ALWAYS is.

All Wilson wants is respect. Some people have to fight for respect in this world and some people are granted it immediately. He's not asking to be a GM or be in charge. He believes that he'll get that respect within the Bears, Raiders, or Saints organization. Not quite sure why he thinks that of Dallas.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2pi1zsmd said:
knownone":2pi1zsmd said:
mistaowen":2pi1zsmd said:
Unless this all stems from those rumors awhile ago that Russ was above criticism, too close to the FO, etc and the locker room didn’t like that. So now that’s he’s upset with them and looking to leave, they’re laughing/saying told you so?

This 30 for 30 in 10 years talking about the Seahawks after the Pats SB loss will be must watch TV haha
It wasn't just that he was above criticism. Didn't Russell ask Pete to stop allowing the defense to talk smack to him in practice? There was an article about that the year Sherman left. At the time, I thought it was just sour grapes, but a lot of their complaints have seemingly come true.

For example, they said Russ cared more about his brand than the team. They said if he didn't get his way, he would go behind your back and tell on you. The whole article frames Russell as the problem with Pete enabling his diva-like behavior. It was all laughable at the time, but the fact that it's even somewhat relevant today is crazy. I always thought Sherman was the problem. Now, I'm not so sure. That 30-30 needs to be made tomorrow. I can't wait 10 years for the potential Wilson heel-turn.

Did Sherman yell at Jimmy G? And tell him he sucks while throwing the ball at him?

Did Kearse yell at Sam Darnold? Would Baldwin have spoken to Matt Flynn that way?

Do you think the Bills defense trashes Josh Allen, or the Chargers defense trashes Justin Herbert? Do you think Mahomes is spoken that way? Brady? Peyton Manning?

This may ruffle some feathers, but these are the same "Russ isn't black enough" players in the locker room. It's hard for most of America to understand this, but there is something to a (black) locker room not liking "Carlton" like QBs. It happened to Donovan McNabb. They prefer "Will Smith" like QBs like Cam Newton, or Mike Vick, or even Watson. "Carlton" like Qbs behave just like their other QB peers around the league. Receiving the same level of coddling and protection. Somehow, they felt Wilson wasn't above them when a franchise QB ALWAYS is.

All Wilson wants is respect. Some people have to fight for respect in this world and some people are granted it immediately. He's not asking to be a GM or be in charge. He believes that he'll get that respect within the Bears, Raiders, or Saints organization. Not quite sure why he thinks that of Dallas.

BOOM, dead center bullseye. If Russ is the franchise QB, everyone else is disposable if they will not abide. It should be as hard for a player to fire the owner, as cause bad blood with Peyton, Rodgers or Russ. Franchise QB's are that important to winning in the NFL. This is not the 1970's, this is fast break football 2021.

chris98251

Reaction score
jeremiah":asdyv171 said:
Scorpion05":asdyv171 said:
knownone":asdyv171 said:
mistaowen":asdyv171 said:

BOOM, dead center bullseye. If Russ is the franchise QB, everyone else is disposable if they will not abide. It should be as hard for a player to fire the owner, as cause bad blood with Peyton, Rodgers or Russ. Franchise QB's are that important to winning in the NFL. This is not the 1970's, this is fast break football 2021.

Yeah that worked well once and usually does once a decade or so. But tell me about that defense and running game that wasn't fast break that 4 cornered the Chiefs in the Super Bowl?

Between Madden and Fantasy guys we need to segregate these guys to their own sub Forum.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Wilson’s first priority is his own legacy. That is going to destroy his legacy. Ironic isn’t it? How can you blame him?

It’s over.

John63

Reaction score
Sealake80":2thh2aga said:
Wilson’s first priority is his own legacy. That is going to destroy his legacy. Ironic isn’t it? How can you blame him?

It’s over.

Hmm did not destroy Brady or Rodgers or manning or Brees etc etc. Every grat QB is worried about their legacy. For that matter every great player is.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2668hq7u said:
knownone":2668hq7u said:
mistaowen":2668hq7u said:

Russ is very special elite and deserves all the respect he can get..Let him cook it up!

SwissCheese77

Reaction score
Guys, it's a line from a Drake song. The next line being "Pray the fakes get exposed."

Take it or leave it but I think it goes without saying what Doug is suggesting there.

John63

Reaction score
SwissCheese77":2ggndo51 said:
Guys, it's a line from a Drake song. The next line being "Pray the fakes get exposed."

Take it or leave it but I think it goes without saying what Doug is suggesting there.

well 1 we really dont know, and 2 the bigger question is who? Could be PC and his BS always compete crap which is a lie and a half.

All that aside I will say it again I don't care what Baldwin, Sherman or Kearse have to say if they are not man enough to just say it then well enough said.

You know I remember people used to get on Wilson for not just coming out and saying things, now he does he gets vilified but these 3 are not Hmmm

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
ducks41468":j9bhct84 said:
pinksheets":j9bhct84 said:
Why don't these guys just say what they mean? I don't get why they just play coy.

Seriously. Grown ass men acting like 13 year old girls. If you have something to say, say it

Exactly right. Twitter and other similar "communication methods" are a coward's tool to hide and throw stones. They would rather sit back and hide behind their screens than have an actual conversation like a grown up man or woman. It's sad, but an unfortunate legacy of the times.

John63

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1z6d8dyv said:
ducks41468":1z6d8dyv said:
pinksheets":1z6d8dyv said:
Why don't these guys just say what they mean? I don't get why they just play coy.

Seriously. Grown ass men acting like 13 year old girls. If you have something to say, say it

Exactly right. Twitter and other similar "communication methods" are a coward's tool to hide and throw stones. They would rather sit back and hide behind their screens than have an actual conversation like a grown up man or woman. It's sad, but an unfortunate legacy of the times.

Given how both Baldwin and Sherman have said stuff about Wilson, and we knew what they specifically said, it makes one think this is not about Wilson. I mean Baldwin was just on one of the sports show saying how good Wilson is and how he can get better. I have a funny suspicion this is not about Wilson but someone else.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can go both ways with it, Wilson or the fact that after the Super Bowl loss the players expected the Coaches to be held accountable. Bevell threw Lockette under the bus, they also think Pete wanted to give Wilson the MVP and not Lynch.

They are referencing that as Fake.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Much of the fanbase has always given a pass to Sherm, Doug, Earl (before the flip off) and Bennett.
All while never accepting and/or embracing Russ. The double standards have been there for 9 years, period.
All while Russ has never said a bad word about a teammate, ever. He finally mentions the swiss cheese o line, and now people want him traded. That's how low this fanbase and some of the fans on here have stooped.
Sad…...

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1j8xnlwo said:
You can go both ways with it, Wilson or the fact that after the Super Bowl loss the players expected the Coaches to be held accountable. Bevell threw Lockette under the bus, they also think Pete wanted to give Wilson the MVP and not Lynch.

They are referencing that as Fake.

Well the weird part is even if he runs it in I am not convinced he gets the MVP

He would have had 103 yards and 2 tds

Wilson would have had

247 yards, 2tds, 121 Qb rating and another 39 yards running.

Not convinced either of them would have gotten MVP.

Plus even if Wilson gets the TD so 248 yards 3 tds, 130 qb rating still not great, unless the game winning TD is what they were banking on

I mean Matthews had 109 receiving and a td

Wagner had 12 tackles and an INT

Seems to me Wagner or Matthews were more likely MVP's

I am not buying the trying to get Wilson the MVP, not to say Sherman and few others did not think that, but I am not buying it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SwissCheese77":11wbs0jl said:

If that's the case, does Drake say anything about cowards Doug?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Wow, welcome to March in the NFL. I’d rather read posts directed at me for saying we would go 0-5, lol.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Another tweet

Former key starter for the Seahawks, who played with Russell Wilson for almost a decade, told me this about the situation: "I just hear people calling for Pete’s head way too often. And they need to be careful what they wish for."

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Adding: "Russ is 1-3 in the playoffs without an all time defense and an elite run game. He wanted it on his shoulders and this has been the result. But the blame will go to anyone but him."

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1ti1uouy said:
Another tweet

Former key starter for the Seahawks, who played with Russell Wilson for almost a decade, told me this about the situation: "I just hear people calling for Pete’s head way too often. And they need to be careful what they wish for."

Great so who was it and what does that have to do Wilson. That was more about PC

Difference we have Brandon Marshall actually saying something., not some unnamed player an actual player usign his name.

Latest posts