Draft — Now that THAT is done

Elemas

Reaction score
Assuming (could be wrong…maybe) this is a rebuild, how would you guys go about this?

I’m hoping we build from the lines first.

Perhaps a year after, grab a LB and the best corner we can find. I believe Tre Brown is the real deal. I’d love to see our secondary be the intimidating force they once were.

I wouldn’t even consider a QB this year and maybe not even the year after. Definitely not a RB. Yet…

There are a few names being thrown around like Davis…I don’t think he’ll slip that far.

As we didn’t have the picks we have now, I didn’t pay nearly as much attention to NCAAF as I have in past years.

Holes everywhere but…it will be interesting to see where PC and JS take this. More than ever, they’re under the spotlight.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a blueprint, which Carroll or JS crafted, that almost certainly will work.

Takes about 2-3 years and will really upset some of the fans.

Whether Carroll is smart enough to execute it now is the issue.

It won't turn us to a playoff team but will reload the cupboards.

Then we will need to have some plan to get a QB, hoping JS has a plan for that.

But Carroll's concept of drafting for upside, regardless of ability to field a functioning player, works.

To do this though:

You need to maximize draft picks in the envelope where raw, physically gifted specimens tend to fall (3rd to 5th rounds)

You need to realize that a successful hit rate is still only 1 in 3.

And you have to give yourself 2+ years to develop that talent.

The upside is you have a good chance to get a star, if not an All Pro.

The downside is you don't get to pick or choose the position that star plays. It is a crapshoot.

The other downside is you really need Scott to make it work best.