Dremont Jones switching to EDGE/OLB?

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you meant, in your quote that I highlighted. I wouldn't care either way about the statement, but this was your response when quoted my post.
I'm just saying that there is nothing to lose, since he didn't work out as a 34 end. There's not much opportunity cost in the switch. I believe "shot to nothing" has origins in several card games.

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm just saying that there is nothing to lose, since he didn't work out as a 34 end. There's not much opportunity cost in the switch. I believe "shot to nothing" has origins in several card games.

Yeah that was my take in my original post. I'm not a Vegas person, so I didn't pick up on your reference.

Anyways, I do think its intriguing to see him at OLB as opposed to be set up for failure as an undersized 3-4 DE.

toffee

Reaction score
Anyone care to speculate?

Was Dremont Jones a Pete must have and Schneider just obeyed? or a Schneider recommendation that Pete just OKed it? Let's understand that both Pete and John signed off on Jones, but who initiated it?

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I'm wondering if he'll even be around when the season starts. Not sure what to make of this, except that he's not good enough on the dline? Or they're not satisfied with our OLB situation? I'm really thinking cut or trade in the end.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The experts come out that's for sure. Meh, let's see how it plays out. He was a beast at Denver. It's not like he isn't a damn good football player.
Top Billin' is a damn good at breaking down film.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Confusion caused by the D are the biggest problems opposing teams face and I'm hoping that we create that for other teams , learn how to adjust to it on our O and adjust in game and from game to game
I kinda expect a better record than last year just because of coaching
Yeah. I have nothing objective to base it on but it may be an interesting season with more wins than expected

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
At this point, Jones, is already paid, so you may as well find him a spot. You can’t trade or cut every paid player…a new coaching staff maybe able to make better use of his skills than the previous.

I’m all for it and let’s see how Mac plays this out!

BASF

Reaction score
Weird thread. He played pretty much to the same stats as he had at the Broncos. What were your expectations that has you disrespecting the man?

sutz

Reaction score
Weird thread. He played pretty much to the same stats as he had at the Broncos. What were your expectations that has you disrespecting the man?
Because any trade that doesn't result in an immediate Super Bowl trophy is a bust. Right? :LOL:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There isn't much that would surprise me with regard to changing positions play to play for any defensive players. Coach says that is a primary function of his scheme and why he so values versatility.
I sure hope that whatever happens we don't overlook or diminish reps for #10. I really like the looks of our roster but remain concerned about the LB slots.

BigMeach

Reaction score
The more of your best players you can get on the field the better and having him be able to move up and down the line is a win if he can do it well.

Oly

Reaction score
I agree with others talking about the importance of flexibility to Macdonald's scheme. I think he is satisfied that Williams, Murphy, Reed, Young, and Morris give him good options in the interior but that his DE/EDGE/OLB/Whatevertheftheyarecallingitnow options aren't as flexible. Nwosu, Mafe, Taylor, and Hall are a bit more limited. They have some decent speed rush ability, but none are elite and none are big enough to set the edge reliably or make offenses wonder if they'll move inside. Of all the IDL, Jones is most likely to be a tweener. I wonder if Macdonald sees him as having Mike Bennett potential in terms of positional flexibility. I wouldn't be thrilled at seeing Jones in coverage, but if this is about Macdonald setting up creative stunts and blitz packages, I could get excited about this.

Latest posts