Drew is Not the Starter, but...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I guess you were content with Geno's 12 yards of offense and ONE first down in the 2nd half to the Rams? And 110 yards against the Giants when our defense was almost literally murdering Daniel Jones so we should have put up 35+ points minimum.

Yeah, good thing we didn't try something different. I'm just out to lunch i guess.

It's people like you who would never think to put Witherspoon in the slot or start Russ over Flynn. Just followers with no vision of reality. He's efficient and good at times. But since when is he untouchable when he sucks?

Dude hasn't even won a playoff game yet and somehow now he's apparantly mahomes level according to mods around here.
You are out to lunch to suggest trying some weird "give the backup a series in real game action for fun" scenario. That doesn't really work, man.

There's a difference between "untouchable" and "put his backup in. idk, man. I just wanna see him."

Mick063

Reaction score
This is a tough thread to follow. So many blocked posters. This is a good thing. There must be a whole lot of I hate Pete and I hate Geno stuff going on.

See? I don't even need to read it. Why waste time reading the same crap over and over and over and over?

I thoroughly encourage more use of the block function. It will leave a portion of the peanut gallery angrily yelling at the clouds.

eo620

Reaction score
Getting back to the original post I can see a lot of parallels between Geno's career and Drew's. It would not shock my to see Drew on the bench for a handful of years and then go elsewhere and ball out. It would be absolutely hysterical if that somewhere winds up being Denver.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I see what you did there! Only patrick mahomes has won 2 super bowls and 2 MVPs...So that means it's a completely irrelevant comment considering Geno isn't even close.

If you digested my OP, we scored 24 points total. Take out the pick 6, the strip sack possession as a gimme, and the Drew Lock TD Drive, and what exactly did Geno do that doesn't warrant a good look at Drew? Not as a starter, but situationally Geno is really annoying when he for some reason ignores the mobility aspect to his game.

The play that Drew hit Fant I reasonably believe Geno would not have felt that pressure so quickly as that end got in the backfield very quickly. I'm still not sure how Drew freaking Lock just effortlessly rolled right while barely acknowledging the pressure. It was veteran stuff.

I just feel like Lock can be a lightning rod when Geno goes full (tropic thunder). Aka, 2nd half Rams.
I noticed that Lock rolled right on a number of his throws, not sure if it was instinctive, or a design based on where he and Shane noticed the pressure coming from. Giants were getting consistent pass-rush pressure on both Geno and Lock most of the night.
I consider myself a Lock fan, but he missed several throws that I'm sure he'd like to have back. Would have loved to see him hit a couple of those. I attributed the inaccuracy somewhat to getting-in-the-game excitement, like how Russell often used to overthrow balls at the start of the game. Can't argue with the outcome of that first drive, though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This team is almost always playoff bound or close to it since Pete got here.

What good does that do though? Making the post season and getting bumped in the early rounds every season is an issue, not a blessing. And the old cliche 'anything can happen in the playoffs' is tired and worn out because it never happens to Seattle. You would think that with all those playoff appearances the team would get lucky or get past the second round on accident, but nope. Never happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We've been down this road many times brother, we can agree to disagree. I want more from them like anyone else. I just don't have to see the doom and gloom in every last thing Seahawk. We all pull for the team in our own way, and I respect that.

BASF

Reaction score
This is not college football. There is no importance to winning by thrity-five nstead of twenty-one except for bragging rights over friends who may cheer for that team.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The QB depth on the team is solid, perhaps not spectacular but solid and reliable. Oh, and a whole lot less expensive than other teams with nowhere near the level of Smith and Lock.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What good does that do though? Making the post season and getting bumped in the early rounds every season is an issue, not a blessing. And the old cliche 'anything can happen in the playoffs' is tired and worn out because it never happens to Seattle. You would think that with all those playoff appearances the team would get lucky or get past the second round on accident, but nope. Never happens.

Either you think Pete and John are building a deep playoff run roster, or you don't.

If last year and so far this year screams perennial WC first round exit playoff team to you? Then you're not paying attention. Or stubborn in your anti-Pete opinions.

My guess is it's the latter. Because what the rest of us are seeing is a very young roster that's going to be a problem for the NFC for the next 4-5 years.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He is better than most of the backups out there, but that's not a terribly high bar. He did a good job not losing the game for us. Made a couple key first downs.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Well news flash. Your untouchable QB just put up 13 points against a par defense with completely incompetent INTs and 0 TDs.

I say again. Why is geno untouchable? What exactly has he done this year that makes this a non discussion? I’m not saying lose the starting job. I’m saying he gets in grooves where you can tell he’s completely incapable of doing anything positive. Bring in Drew, try lightning in a bottle, then the next series try to get Geno right again.

Drew looks like mccaffrey compared to geno for mobility for starters.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Either you think Pete and John are building a deep playoff run roster, or you don't.

If last year and so far this year screams perennial WC first round exit playoff team to you? Then you're not paying attention. Or stubborn in your anti-Pete opinions.

My guess is it's the latter. Because what the rest of us are seeing is a very young roster that's going to be a problem for the NFC for the next 4-5 years.

Today showed you’re wrong and who you were quoting is right.

First round exit team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The QB depth on the team is solid, perhaps not spectacular but solid and reliable. Oh, and a whole lot less expensive than other teams with nowhere near the level of Smith and Lock.
See the problem yet? We deserve better the NFL shouldn't be like the MLB let's win 54%. Get a real quarterback already. Also why the hell aren't they running the ball? Pete needs to retire why aren't you taking the points? Why does he think Geno can be Brady or Rodgers? The man is a backup why can't Pete realize this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
Drew Lock still sucks.
People said the same about Geno for a decade. What’s your point exactly? You have no basis to say he’s worse than geno in 2023 based on what we’ve seen, that’s 100% certain. He nearly equaled geno’s production last week in 1 drive. Geno put up 13 points today with 2 terrible picks vs a basic nfl defense.

I’m just saying is it still always compete or do we proceed with 24/7 geno just because?, - and if yes then that has the feel to me of a team that plays matt flynn just because they just paid him, which means Pete changed his entire philosophy.