Duane Brown

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Should they keep the old vet or is Stone ready to take over the position? Duane has been a solid but I think we need to upgrade there. What say you?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Stone would almost certainly be an outrageous downgrade.

Duane Brown struggled a bit, but he's still an above average pass protector. If he's all that's there, then it's gotta be him. Unless Stone is just crazy good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very interesting subject really. He looked like he was playing hurt the entire season. He got pushed around a LOT.
Not saying he's bad or had a bad year. But he looks to be close to done imo.
Hard to say why, he just didn't look nearly as good this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brown played as well as any LT in the league for the past 4-6 games.

Give the man as many 9-10M a year one year contracts as he wants as long as he keeps playing like that.

Plus he's one of the biggest team leaders, so you have to factor that in.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":httztenf said:

Give the man as many 9-10M a year one year contracts as he wants as long as he keeps playing like that.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Hawks deal with him in a new deal.

LTH

justafan

Reaction score
No to Stone. Im ok with Brown but it might be better to let him walk a year earlier than a year too late. A cornerstone position is worth spending the money on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":u7mqqar1 said:
Sgt. Largent":u7mqqar1 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how the Hawks deal with him in a new deal.

LTH

Surprisingly LT's are like RB's and WR's, very few get multi-year deals when they hit their mid 30's. It's all one year deals.

So even though Brown played well, he's probably not going to get any bigger offer than the Hawks will give him. Which for a guy who's contemplating how much longer he wants to even play each off season?

Is probably just fine with him playing on one year fully guaranteed deals.

As much as I'd like to find a young stud at LT? I'm happy with giving Brown another year or two and save big cap money to spend elsewhere.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping he was just playing thru injuries. I'm not saying he was bad, but at times he really looked like he shouldn't even be playing. Hopefully they can get one more really good year out of him.

Jville

Reaction score
The post season Duane Brown press conference link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/video/duane-brown-i-learned-a-lot-about-myself-this-season-duane-brown-press-conferenc[/urltargetblank]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3o166l4i said:
Cam Robinson, LT, Jaguars will be a FA this offseason. Seems solid, if not great. Didn't allow any sacks or had any holding penalties this season -
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=30147

He's been mediocre throughout his career. Slow feet. Probably below average in terms of pass sets. I don't think he'd fare well, honestly.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think you make a run at a stud left tackle (Armstead, Orlando Brown) and it you strike out you bring back Brown for another year.

toffee

Reaction score
Brown may have another couple of OK seasons left in him, with occasion great games, Brown may also be injury prone at this stage of his career. Remember Brown has been a star LT, which means he played every down, for years, that's a lot of wear on his body. Brown will not have more all star seasons in him.

Unless it's sweet heart deal, which means there's no other team wants to sign him, otherwise we would be wise to sign a younger star.

kf3339

Reaction score
I doubt Stone is ready to be the LT starter next season. Perhaps by the mid season point, but not the start of the season. So either a top LT FA signing is needed, or Brown is willing to come back on a reasonable one year deal. His age is working against him and it did show this season.

The analogy of RB's is very much on point. He is kinda like AP who is trying to hang on for another season or two. I'm not sure that is the right strategy for out team. RW is getting older and not as mobile. The blind side is still the area where a really good edge rusher can get around him and RW is a somewhat sitting duck. You perhaps just want to better performance from that position now and going forward. We don't really have much of a backup plan if RW goes down again. Do we?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seymour":21i46r8e said:
hawkfan68":21i46r8e said:
Cam Robinson, LT, Jaguars will be a FA this offseason. Seems solid, if not great. Didn't allow any sacks or had any holding penalties this season -
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=30147

Agree. I wanted him so bad in the 2017 draft and guess who we picked there??

Malik McDoush :pukeface:

That'd honestly be a significant downgrade from even 2021 Brown.

Think I'd rather just roll with Stone and another cheapo if Cam's the target

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think the concern about Brown's age is more about health than ability. If you look at the sacks that he gave up they were mainly when Russ was retreating in the pocket. When Russ was stepping up in the pocket towards the end of the season it made the entire OL including Brown look better.

Resigning Brown on a 1 year deal is an obvious move if the price is reasonable. We can still add another tackle as depth and let Forsythe get further experience there so we have a plan B if Brown has to miss time.

keasley45

Reaction score
AgentDib":kkzx0ofv said:
I think the concern about Brown's age is more about health than ability. If you look at the sacks that he gave up they were mainly when Russ was retreating in the pocket. When Russ was stepping up in the pocket towards the end of the season it made the entire OL including Brown look better.

Resigning Brown on a 1 year deal is an obvious move if the price is reasonable. We can still add another tackle as depth and let Forsythe get further experience there so we have a plan B if Brown has to miss time.

Yup