Dunbar on commish exempt list

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Folks, the NFL is a trade association. Their members( NFL teams) are 99% privately owned, the Packers being the exception. They don't have to play by the innocent until proven guilty rule. They aren't the government or US Justice System. However, I'm pretty sure if any civilian did the same thing, they would be out of their current job too. Dunbar is getting paid not to play so he is faring better than most people would.

The Seahawks would be justified in cutting him and saving the $3.4M they are shelling out for him. It's a business financial decision.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't want a team made up of criminals, but I sure wouldn't want to be part of convicting an innocent guy.
Tough spot for the team. I think for the time being we stand pat and see what happens, weighing that against what we (the TEAM) need to make happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":7u07flbt said:
Folks, the NFL is a trade association. Their members( NFL teams) are 99% privately owned, the Packers being the exception. They don't have to play by the innocent until proven guilty rule. They aren't the government or US Justice System. However, I'm pretty sure if any civilian did the same thing, they would be out of their current job too. Dunbar is getting paid not to play so he is faring better than most people would.

The Seahawks would be justified in cutting him and saving the $3.4M they are shelling out for him. It's a business financial decision.

If I was at work and got fired because I was accused of something, not arrested, no charges and dispute of findings, evidence and witness accounts I would have a lawsuit for wrongful termination, If I am arrested yes I am suppose to report a situation if it is such that it could be a smear on my company, if not then no I don't need to report Jay Walking.

The EOE, Union, would all be behind me.

Why Baker and Dunbar are appealing the decision to have them exempt.

chrispy

Reaction score
https://deadspin.com/quinton-dunbar-s-c ... 1844599283

Probably not a direct comment on Dunbar, but relevant none-the-less. Greico (ex-lawyer for Dunbar) currently under investigation by FL bar association. The article also talks about some of his previous questionable endeavors. How are these people able to continue to avoid jail? (Greico, comment not aimed at Dunbar)

... and how could Dunbar's agent/manager/support system allow his career to be carried/dropped by this guy?

Whether Dunbar was involved in a crime is still up-in-the-air. Whether he has really bad judgment, I think, is now resolved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chrispy":38ey4htt said:
https://deadspin.com/quinton-dunbar-s-crooked-lawyer-is-about-to-be-disbarre-1844599283

Probably not a direct comment on Dunbar, but relevant none-the-less. Greico (ex-lawyer for Dunbar) currently under investigation by FL bar association. The article also talks about some of his previous questionable endeavors. How are these people able to continue to avoid jail? (Greico, comment not aimed at Dunbar)

... and how could Dunbar's agent/manager/support system allow his career to be carried/dropped by this guy?

Whether Dunbar was involved in a crime is still up-in-the-air. Whether he has really bad judgment, I think, is now resolved.

Desperation.

It's that simple. Dunbar did something really stupid, got caught and was desperate to find a lawyer that could quickly come in and make it go away. Greico was widely known to do the shady work most credible lawyers wouldn't. So Dunbar and his agent hired him on the spot.

It backfired. Badly.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I still think it's a 'wait and see" deal regards to Dunbar, But I always would have voted to keep that Dunbar money under wraps in preference of Clowney over Dunbar. Problem is we're pretty much in a 'can't afford to wait' situation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2r0tivbo said:
I still think it's a 'wait and see" deal regards to Dunbar, But I always would have voted to keep that Dunbar money under wraps in preference of Clowney over Dunbar. Problem is we're pretty much in a 'can't afford to wait' situation.

Wait and see for what?

BEST case scenario for Dunbar at this point is deferred legal sentence/probation and suspended for at least half a season, if not an entire season.

Brown just got suspended for half a season, and what Dunbar's being accused of is far worse.

Worst case scenario is the dude is going to prison for threatening and robbing people with a loaded gun, and never playing another down of football again.

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
Miami Herald reporting today that Dunbar's lawyer has announced charges will be dropped against Dunbar by Broward prosecutors. I am sure more will come out today on this as well. Looks like the secondary may get another piece back in the mix.

kf3339

Reaction score
CentralPAHawkFan":1plv7j65 said:
Miami Herald reporting today that Dunbar's lawyer has announced charges will be dropped against Dunbar by Broward prosecutors. I am sure more will come out today on this as well. Looks like the secondary may get another piece back in the mix.

Good news for him!

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
Could explain the open roster spot I believe they still have?? I am assuming team may have known this was coming this week. In any case, glad to see he may get to take the field as a Seahawk.

sc85sis

Reaction score
”Insufficient evidence”

He is likely to still get suspended for some games, if Roger follows the precedent he set with Reed.

sutz

Reaction score
CentralPAHawkFan":2ons79gn said:
Could explain the open roster spot I believe they still have?? I am assuming team may have known this was coming this week. In any case, glad to see he may get to take the field as a Seahawk.
I think we can assume the team has been in contact with Dunbar's lawyers, so they probably aren't surpised.

And yeah, might explain a couple of recent roster shuffles.

A-Dog

Reaction score
sc85sis":34k5co3g said:
”Insufficient evidence”

He is likely to still get suspended for some games, if Roger follows the precedent he set with Reed.

I think the league takes a different approach for domestic violence allegations relative to other personal conduct issues, so I don't think the Jarran Reed situation is necessarily a good baseline for what could happen.

He could still see a suspension of some kind but hoping he won't get anything close to 6 games.

sutz

Reaction score
A-Dog":3mk61u3m said:
sc85sis":3mk61u3m said:
”Insufficient evidence”

I think the league takes a different approach for domestic violence allegations relative to other personal conduct issues, so I don't think the Jarran Reed situation is necessarily a good baseline for what could happen.

He could still see a suspension of some kind but hoping he won't get anything close to 6 games.
True, but carrying guns in 'dicey' situations like a poker party is gonna get some action, almost guaranteed, I would think.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
sutz":2ml652kv said:
A-Dog":2ml652kv said:
sc85sis":2ml652kv said:
”Insufficient evidence”

True, but carrying guns in 'dicey' situations like a poker party is gonna get some action, almost guaranteed, I would think.

I could be wrong but I dpn't think anyone claimed at any point Dunbar had a firearm

sutz

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3uxesutv said:
sutz":3uxesutv said:
A-Dog":3uxesutv said:
sc85sis":3uxesutv said:
”Insufficient evidence”

I could be wrong but I dpn't think anyone claimed at any point Dunbar had a firearm
OK, I'm a little rusty on the details, and I know they 'changed' a couple of times. IAE, we all hope that action by the league is minimal and Dunbar gets on the field quickly.

A-Dog

Reaction score
sutz":140fkngi said:
A-Dog":140fkngi said:
sc85sis":140fkngi said:
”Insufficient evidence”

Does the NFL have any guidelines around ownership/carrying of firearms aside from abiding by any federal, state, and local laws?

And if not, did Dunbar violate any federal/state/local firearms laws?

Latest posts