Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ekzn05w said:
Earl has earned the right to do whatever he wants off the field.

As long as he isn't beating innocent creatures/people, or committing serious crimes - he should get any # of free passes he wants.

Because yet again, the defense kept us in that game. The offense did near nothing.

So if you are on a defense like that, wouldn't you be tired of your team?

Especially when all the Alaska air commercials are going to be your QB and not your defense?

This is stupid though because it's like the "grass is always greener" mantra, go play on an 0-16 Cleveland team and tell me how hard you have it.

That being said if they know Pete and he was unwilling to change I'd want out too, I'd probably ask to be traded.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Mizak":1mw789i9 said:
renofox":1mw789i9 said:
In the video:

"I didn't mean right now, i mean when Seattle kick me to the curb".

Aka if the team chooses Bevell/Cable over me, I'm leaving.

Pete will single handedly destroy his own team before moving on to new coordinates?

Weird, but it actually seems like thats whats happening.

droop828

Reaction score
How can any Seahawk fan support Earl in what he said in the circumstance he said it in? This is unreal.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
After watching the video, this seems overblown...

lol, he just wants to play near home and there is probably a small understanding that the Seahawk don't have alot of cap space and they probably won't resign him for more money... (because they shouldn't).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall.

Shelden supposedly wants out.

Earl clearly wants out.

Sherman was asking to be traded.

Sounds like a lot of defensive players that are getting tired of doing 90% of the work and seeing certain players on the offense get the glory for the 10% they contribute.

This offense is worse than that Baltimore Ravens offense that was supposedly terrible.

I don't blame defensive players wanting out because they are forced to bust their tails almost the entire game and when they have a bad game everyone points the fingers at them - since the offense rarely contributes outside of the 4th quarter.

It is likely exhausting, deflating and frustrating. It is for just watching the damn game. I imagine it is worse for a player that expected to constantly stop the bleeding.

I imagine other D players are sick of this team too, because Pete is riding them into the ground in order to sustain his utterly stupid and misguided offensive philosophy.

IrishNW

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1iknd5ru said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/945098601222549504[/tweet]

Earl comes across as a deer stuck in the headlights in this one. he tried to salvage it and made it worse with the "when the seahawks kick me to the curb" line.

Well at least we know where he stands...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2grcbp99 said:

Earl clearly wants out.

Sounds like a lot of defensive players that are getting tired of doing 90% of the work and seeing certain players on the offense get the glory for the 10% they contribute.

This offense is worse than that Baltimore Ravens offense that was supposedly terrible.

I don't blame defensive players wanting out because they are forced to bust their tails almost the entire game and when they have a bad game everyone points the fingers at them - since the offense rarely contributes outside of the 4th quarter.

It is likely exhausting, deflating and frustrating. It is for just watching the damn game. I imagine it is worse for a player that expected to constantly stop the bleeding.

I imagine other D players are sick of this team too, because Pete is riding them into the ground in order to sustain his utterly stupid and misguided offensive philosophy.

:ditto: Well said!!!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3qzm45do said:

lol, he just wants to play near home and there is probably a small understanding that the Seahawk don't have alot of cap space and they probably won't resign him for more money... (because they shouldn't).
But he could have told his agent thAt, u know? Not to Garrett right after the game IF that was his intention to get out of Seattle.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
He looked stupid afterward to reporters, backtracking and trying to justify his actions.

LOB--Leave Our Business

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Aw Mang":1bptvqdb said:
NFSeahawks628":1bptvqdb said:

But he could have told his agent thAt, u know? Not to Garrett right after the game IF that was his intention to get out of Seattle.
True seems like the entire defense is irritated but I'm not sure where Earl's anger is directed at, which is why it's confusing.

Guy has been the heart and soul of the team since he's been here and now all of a sudden he turns.

Maybe he knows Pete isn't going to change things so he wants out, I wouldn't blame him one bit if that were the case.

rcaido

Reaction score
Or he could have just been talking to Garrett...Maybe Garrett said something like come to Dallas. and Earl reacted to what he was saying.

Earl & Wagner are the most important players on defense. If you guys want to kick him to curve over this, then you guys are more dysfunctional then the so called Seahawks lockeroom...We need Wagner, Thomas, & Russ to be contenders every year.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3beaivi7 said:
TwistedHusky":3beaivi7 said:

Earl clearly wants out.

:ditto: Well said!!!

Again, this logic makes no sense with regards to Dallas. Their offense is even worse than ours. Earl would experience the same dynamic, possibly even worse given less defensive talent he would be playing with.

I think the defensive stars are jaded about the NFL being a game of offense, period. They are great, but defense isn’t the glory grabber if the old days. Sucks to be them.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I also think it's also about money as some have guessed in the other "I know I'm hot" thread.

We can't afford to resign him not should we, peace m8.

Can't make the same mistake twice ala Kam.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
rcaido":1xpwu6pb said:
Or he could have just been talking to Garrett...Maybe Garrett said something like come to Dallas. and Earl reacted to what he was saying.

Earl & Wagner are the most important players on defense. If you guys want to kick him to curve over this, then you guys are more dysfunctional then the so called Seahawks lockeroom...We need Wagner, Thomas, & Russ to be contenders every year.

Again I don’t think anybody here really wants him out of Seattle but IF that is what he wants, then maybe it’s time for him to go when his heart isn’t here anymore.

Steve2222

Reaction score
BamKam":19eko7pt said:
Earl has left everything he possibly has on the field for his career with the Hawks and because of this you guys are jumping down his throat? Absurd. No wonder why he wants to get out of Seattle, fans will turn on you instantly for anything.

Literally every fan base would turn on every player for saying something like this. You think Steeler fans would say “good for you” if Leveon Bell told Detroit to “come get me.” Pretty naive if you do.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
rcaido":1yoy44bu said:

It was all initiated by Earl and he admitted this afterward to reporters.

Never rationalize folks--accept reality as it’s presented to you. He wants out of Seattle and I cannot see how PCJS would view this as an effective negotiation tactic.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":18lzhb76 said:
rcaido":18lzhb76 said:

It was all initiated by Earl and he admitted this afterward to reporters.

Never rationalize folks--accept reality as it’s presented to you. He wants out of Seattle and I cannot see how PCJS would view this as an effective negotiation tactic.

If he wants out then make other teams pay more for him.

massari

Reaction score
Trade Earl Thomas for a 1st+3rd+5th
Trade Bennett for a 2nd or 3rd
Trade Sherman, Kam and Avril if possible

One year too late.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I said it above, I don’t care what his reasoning is, and I wouldn’t fault him for wanting to play for Dallas or Houston to finish his career.

Doing what he did, in that manner is a “dick move”.

If it turns out that I’m misinterpreting his intent, I’ll retract my statement.

Until, or unless that happens, I’ve lost 90% of my respect for him.
Not for his reasons but for the timing and manner of the situation.

Right, wrong, or otherwise, I feel like I’ve been punched in the gut.

There’s probably 50 other Seahawks that could have done the same thing and I wouldn’t have been effected but ETIII?

Dam.
:{)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Just remember bout the trades...

When you make those trades, you are trading your great players and keeping your terrible coaches.

See how that one works out well, ever?

When they traded Barkley, did the 76ers get much better or did the Suns just turn into a playoff team?

Status
Not open for further replies.