Elly De La Cruz is a god

QWERTY

Reaction score
some Ricky Henderson Willie Mays stuff here.
incredible

Yes but with the pitch clock, it is so easy to steal bases this season.

Look at Acuna, he has 41 SB in the first half.

Or that kid from Oakalnd.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So easy…lulz
I'd say he has a good point..With the pitch clock it changes the pitchers timing on
holding runners and getting to the next pitch in their comfort zone.
There is more SB's since the clock started.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Even if the elite talent has gained a millisecond advantage, stealing bases is not easy. Pointing to an absolute superstar Acuna stealing 41 bases and concluding its only happening because the pitch clock makes it “easy” is funny to me.

The base size change and the limit on how the pitcher can hold a runner also play a large part. The biggest factor in my opinion is that teams are more willing to attempt a SB. While the success rate is at an all time high the attempts are at the highest level since 2012.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Idk but it shouldn't be funny, it common sense.

If you can't understand why the pitch clock is helping people SB this season, then you should watch more baseball. .

Here a quick google search is so easy to look at.

They are professionals, nothing they do is easy. That would be a common sense take, what you posted diminishes what they are accomplishing.

If you will notice I mentioned several reasons I believe the numbers are up this year. I also believe the clock plays into it, I just don’t believe it makes it “so easy”.

And you can save your condescending take on my understanding and cliche direction to google…

Threedee

Reaction score
They are professionals, nothing they do is easy. That would be a common sense take, what you posted diminishes what they are accomplishing.

If you will notice I mentioned several reasons I believe the numbers are up this year. I also believe the clock plays into it, I just don’t believe it makes it “so easy”.

And you can save your condescending take on my understanding and cliche direction to google…
Were they not professionals before the pitch clock?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Were they not professionals before the pitch clock?
“They are professionals, nothing they do is easy”
How did you conclude that I somehow didn’t think they were professional previous to the the new rule from that sentence?

Threedee

Reaction score
“They are professionals, nothing they do is easy”
How did you conclude that I somehow didn’t think they were professional previous to the the new rule from that sentence?
Why weren't these base running stats occurring a few years ago?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Are both of you unable to read? I literally pointed out 3 things that have contributed to the increase, I also quite clearly noted I believe the clock also plays into it.
Regardless of the increased numbers my contention was and is still correct…it is not “easy”.
Just because you don’t like my answer doesn’t mean I didn’t give one.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Just in case you need a more simple reply to understand…
REASONS FOR INCREASE IN SB’s
1. The larger bases shorten the distance
2. Pitchers can only throw over or step off twice per AB
3. Managers are allowing more attempts(highest level since 2012)
4. The pitch clock

We are fortunate to be watching a couple next level stars bringing an element back to the game that has been missing for years.

In this “easy” year Acuna only needs to steal 88 more bases to break Ricky’s record… should be “easy” right.

OP
OP
Weadoption

Weadoption

Reaction score
Henderson in his prime would be feasting today. legendary quads and burst. a freak of nature level talent.

Mix

Reaction score
some Ricky Henderson Willie Mays stuff here.
incredible

Its pretty awesome for sure, but hardly Henderson, Brock, or Hamilton level.

Those guys did it without pitch clocks, pick off limits or shorter base paths.

Henderson is a top 5 complete player of all time. My favorite player of all time so I might be biased. Loved when he signed with Seattle, just wish it was 16 years earlier.