Enemy Confidential: Physical Colts Provide Formidable Week 1

Jville

Reaction score
Something of a concise summary of the Colts going into this week 1 contest .....................

Enemy Confidential: Physical Colts Provide Formidable Week 1 Foe For Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/gm-report/enemy-confidential-physical-colts-provide-formidable-week-1-foe-for-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

xray

Reaction score
Sleeping on the Colts could turn into a nightmare for the Hawks . I wouldn't necessarily count on Wentz to fold either . This game should be one the better games Sunday . IMO

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Colts are better team that people are giving them credit for. They have a tough defense - with Leonard and Buckner leading the way. It'll be much tougher than most think.

On paper, the first 6 games on the schedule look to be tough games. Hope PC has the team prepared, especially since the starters didn't play much, if at all, in the preseason.

Chawker

Reaction score
On defense, we need to watch the down and distance with our defensive front four packages,if we can get them in 3rd and long then we'll be able to bring in our cheetah package. Screens may hurt us too.

seabowl

Reaction score
IMO our run D will suck this year. We’ll see how they do tomorrow

The Breh

Reaction score
I'm really not sure the reason for the initial lack of expectations for our defense.
We've only gained experience in the front and gotten younger and quicker in the middle.
I guess it's great having low expectations going in for some but I'm not going to be shocked to see them do well.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":286bl14z said:
I'm really not sure the reason for the initial lack of expectations for our defense.
We've only gained experience in the front and gotten younger and quicker in the middle.
I guess it's great having low expectations going in for some but I'm not going to be shocked to see them do well.

3rd down, even in preseason when we looked in sync 3rd and long we failed a lot at, the rush backs off, they drop deep and seemingly let the WR run at will to the down and distance needed.

The Breh

Reaction score
chris98251":2ff1jowd said:
The Breh":2ff1jowd said:

3rd down, even in preseason when we looked in sync 3rd and long we failed a lot at, the rush backs off, they drop deep and seemingly let the WR run at will to the down and distance needed.
With no Diggs, Adams, Dunlap or Wagner.
With corners who may or may not see snaps for us.
We will not see what we saw in preseason field a defense together during the regular season.
But you knew that.
I understand the idea but I put very, very little stock in what we saw.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":146bb2sb said:
chris98251":146bb2sb said:
The Breh":146bb2sb said:

With no Diggs, Adams, Dunlap or Wagner.
With corners who may or may not see snaps for us.
We will not see what we saw in preseason field a defense together during the regular season.
But you knew that.
I understand the idea but I put very, very little stock in what we saw.

Except we seen it with Diggs, Adams, Reid, Griffin, Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, whomever was on the Right side, 3rd down has been our Achilles heal since forever. Be it cushion to the point a receiver can walk for a 1st down, Seam Route to TE, distance doesn't matter 5 to 15 or more yards the cushion seems to be at least 8 to ten yards past that. Pete doesn't want the busted play or be tricked it appears to happen for a deep ball play.

seabowl

Reaction score
The Breh":tib8sb6r said:

They pretty much sucked last year that’s why

The Breh

Reaction score
seabowl":2xmysdb0 said:
The Breh":2xmysdb0 said:

The reasons for my optimism were on full display today.
You other guys can complain about our 3rd down defense in our "bend/don't break" tradition all you want.
Our Dline rotation looks serious and "chip on shoulder'esque".

chris98251

Reaction score
The Breh":1iikcswv said:
seabowl":1iikcswv said:
The Breh":1iikcswv said:

The reasons for my optimism were on full display today.
You other guys can complain about our 3rd down defense in our "bend/don't break" tradition all you want.
Our Dline rotation looks serious and "chip on shoulder'esque".

The other guys know that a good pass rush can mask deviancies in the secondary also, but that won't win playoff games and needs to be fixed, most playoff teams have at least average lines and can pass block averagely, that means exploitation of your weakest link.

We have bodies and my hope is that we get healthy and or guys step up as they get more familiar with their roles, we had a lot of guys trying to win a spot.