Enjoy

Jville

Reaction score
A clear reflection of what ails us.

Apparently, spoiled, self-entitled, and self absorbed fans are everywhere. "Outrage" radio and TV feeding and driving social media toward an era of Idiocracy.

Timely find and post.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If you can’t see the difference between a team that lost the Super Bowl last year and one with 3 playoff wins in 6 years I’m not sure how to have a rational discussion with you.

Fade

Reaction score
It's pretty much a consensus that they should fire Spags, and they're right.

Andy Reid is so much like Holmgren it isn't even funny. A damn awesome coach with one blind spot. He can't pick a DC to save his life.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":472afvy8 said:

Andy Reid is so much like Holmgren it isn't even funny. A damn awesome coach with one blind spot. He can't pick a DC to save his life.

Any defensive coordinator is gonna stuggle on that team. The way there built and their style of play mean your defensive is gonna be on the field a ton.

Their problem isn't defensive it's their offense sucks amd Mahomes is turning the ball over.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Jville":3i6gaupa said:

Apparently, spoiled, self-entitled, and self absorbed fans are everywhere. "Outrage" radio and TV feeding and driving social media toward an era of Idiocracy.

Timely find and post.

Lack of respect for differing opinions is just as big a problem.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1hcsm6wh said:
If you can’t see the difference between a team that lost the Super Bowl last year and one with 3 playoff wins in 6 years I’m not sure how to have a rational discussion with you.

I don't know so much that this is the true comparison. I just see it as a timely reminder that literally every fanbase is usually in a perpetual state of being absolutely fed up with their teams coaching staff, except in pretty rare circumstances.

A lot of people just want any change at all. I think it's good to remember that most team fanbases want to fire their respective coordinators most years.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3rrskdlb said:
JayhawkMike":3rrskdlb said:

I don't know so much that this is the true comparison. I just see it as a timely reminder that literally every fanbase is usually in a perpetual state of being absolutely fed up with their teams coaching staff, except in pretty rare circumstances.

A lot of people just want any change at all. I think it's good to remember that most team fanbases want to fire their respective coordinators most years.

A reasonable response that is hard to argue with.

Jville

Reaction score
The names may be different. But the ridiculous "outrage" described is representative of what has spread to all NFL Cities including Seattle. Location no longer matters ......

To everyone who wants Reid fired or thinks we should just tank
DISCUSSION

Leave. Please go support another team because it is clear you haven't been a fan of the Chiefs before their super bowl. I have seen a lot of fans saying we need to tank, not trade for Ingram because this season is a loss. I saw a post saying Reid is repeating himself like in Philadelphia and that we should essentially let him go. WE HAVE BEEN TO BACK TO BACK SUPER BOWLS, WINNING ONE OF THEM. WTF do you want us to do? Win every mf game? We have lost due to a lack of a pass rush and turnovers. We do not need to tank and throw away a season that we should with this talent make the playoffs. I have seen some fans say Veech needs to go as if he didnt draft Bolton, Smith, Mahomes, Creed, sign Matthieu, rebuild this offensive line in a season, and sign Mahomes to what will end up being the most team friendly in the history of the sport in 3 years til the end of the contract. Im sick of the reactionary takes and am disgusted my some of you who think Veach and Reid are the problem. Do you not remember what it was like before Reid?? Clark was an okay trade, ford has been awful for the 49ers and clark was huge for us in our first run to the super bowl. Hitchens has been overpaid, but he is not bad, and the only real egregious move he made was drafting Speeks and Hardman over Metcalf. Hardman has also been villanized here and I think this year he is making strides to becoming a WR2. I am mostly sick of the negativity in his sub. Our first ******* loss by over a touchdown in years and you want Reid and Veech on the hotseat. GTFO

.................... it's so common. Blame this guy and fire that guy. We've seen network programing feed off this "Outrage" theme. Toying with subscribers by selectively building or destroying brands. Serving up outrage to an addicted audience. :229031_shrug:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Jville":s5funyvy said:

Timely find and post.
They're obviously insane, but you really can't lump people that would like to move on from Pete Carroll with those folks.

Andy Reid was just in the Super Bowl last year and the year before that. The last time the Seahawks past the divisional round is 2014. Our losses are all repeats, same mistakes, same issues. We've really only won two post season games with one of the top QBs since 2015 (yes we won three but a missed 30 yard field goal gifted us the first game).

In addition to this, half of the teams in the NFL make it to the playoffs now. Our lack of postseason success recently is directly on Pete Carroll. Carroll is also now among one of the oldest coaches to coach the game. It's quite clear that Carroll has accomplished all that he's going to accomplish as the Seahawks HC.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":2fv2ard6 said:

The 05 defense was pretty legit.

Thin at safety but it was a great year for Seattle.

Should of had that Lombardi if the Steelers didn’t have the refs completely on their side.

Anyone who denied this did not watch Super Bowl 40 correctly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Chiefs being crappy for 1 year actually helps them though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":1mtbd9mk said:
Fade":1mtbd9mk said:

Any defensive coordinator is gonna stuggle on that team. The way there built and their style of play mean your defensive is gonna be on the field a ton.

Their problem isn't defensive it's their offense sucks amd Mahomes is turning the ball over.

The Chiefs have 20M more in cap space dedicated to the defensive side of ball vs. the offense, so Chief fans are right to complain about Reid's inability to find a D-coordinator who can make all that money work.

Ironic that the Chiefs two biggest defensive stiffs soaking up a ton of cap are Clark and Reed.

We dodged a big bullet when Reed decided to take less to play for the Chiefs cause he was butthurt. 5 tackles and no sacks. 5.5M stiff.

Fade

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3r5vtrm6 said:
Fade":3r5vtrm6 said:

The 05 defense was pretty legit.

Thin at safety but it was a great year for Seattle.

Should of had that Lombardi if the Steelers didn’t have the refs completely on their side.

Anyone who denied this did not watch Super Bowl 40 correctly.

Absolutely. But looking at the weakest link on Holmy or Reed's teams, the DC is usually up there.