Eric Davis and his claim pop-pass play vs GB illegal

TwilightError

Reaction score
Eric Davis Was the only one on NFL AM who understood what happened in Golden Tates awesome TD catch against the Packers in 2012.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Think Davis just missed the details of the rule (regarding where contact happens), rather than being a hater.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I actually met Davis on the sidelines a couple years ago during pregame. I liked him as a player. Considering the amount of credit and acknowledgement that he has given the Hawks, both in 12 and 13 I think the guy gets a pass. This is a guy that called Niner games and was a 49er. Now I know he is a big homer while calling games, but dude does OK.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I generally like Eric Davis but I thought on this one he was being a homer and is like he trying to get everyone to see this incorrectly. I even told my buddy that I thought ED was just wrong here and even if Unger was a bit long on this it usually not called.

Its cool though, I want everyone to think we have to cheat as we just keep punching teams in the mouth.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Eric Davis is a moron. Seriously, why would anyone bring this up? It's not like we were down by 6 and this was the last play of the game. Green Bay was thoroughly dominated.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Davis has been very complimentary of Seattle for some time now.

Honestly, I don't get the hate here. The guy thought he was downfield and offered his opinion. So what if he's wrong? In a business where you have to create talking points and offer opinions by the minute -- it's bound to happen.

Giving him a complete pass. At full speed, I thought he nailed it. Although I also thought it was a ticky tack kind of penalty that most likely happens all the time and isn't called. Ultimately the photo evidence proves him completely wrong. I'm guessing visually it looks worse because the entire rest of the line is a full 1 yard in our own backfield -- making Unger look even further downfield than he really was relative to the LOS.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pq750zs said:
MB12":1pq750zs said:
Wish this was the shack
Is Davis going to play the role of Trent Dilfer this year? 8)
I think he's playing the Jim Harbaugh/Kevin Gilbride role. Make hyperbolic claims to create the perception that the Seahawks are cheating so that they'll face more intense scrutiny than any other team.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1vpmkl86 said:
Davis has been very complimentary of Seattle for some time now.

Honestly, I don't get the hate here. The guy thought he was downfield and offered his opinion. So what if he's wrong? In a business where you have to create talking points and offer opinions by the minute -- it's bound to happen.

Giving him a complete pass. At full speed, I thought he nailed it. Although I also thought it was a ticky tack kind of penalty that most likely happens all the time and isn't called. Ultimately the photo evidence proves him completely wrong. I'm guessing visually it looks worse because the entire rest of the line is a full 1 yard in our own backfield -- making Unger look even further downfield than he really was relative to the LOS.

How could he not compliment us on that show? We are World Champs. I don't think he gets a pass because he gives us a few compliments. I record that show every day and I skip through it so I am very familiar with him. He gives compliments but there is usually a caveat.

I don't care if he is wrong from time to time but for him to see that on tape and make a big deal out of it after a banner raising win was pretty BS. It also had nothing to do with the play since once the linebackers read the run immediately they weren't going to make the play on Lockette. Unger immediately went to his right on the snap and a second later he blocked the guy coming up the middle. Totally insignificant to the reads they initially made on the play. The CB was the one who screwed up anyway.

He needs to correct this but I am pretty sure he won't since it doesn't fit his agenda.