Ethan Pocic named starting center

nanomoz

Reaction score
He'll be just fine. He's got three years in the system and center was always his natural position. Also, his listed weight is 320, which is a fair bit more than in his rookie season (and substantially more than Joey Hunt--who seemed to struggle to stay at 300).

I believe Pocic was around 305 at the combine and in his rookie year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
nanomoz":fsrnruvu said:
I looked it up. He was listed at 310 at both the combine and his pro day.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19ocoiez said:
John63":19ocoiez said:
So more of Wilson running for his life.

yeah becuz ethin pocic is a knwon run blocker abd not pass blok!

Give it a rest. Pocic was a very good college center, let's see how he fares at his natural position.[/quotee]

Ahh no I will not, and Pocic was blown up a lot last year in pass blocking so you give it a rest. The Fact is ethan was horrible in pass protection period

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":1z5hgfdb said:
toffee":1z5hgfdb said:
Maelstrom787":1z5hgfdb said:
John63":1z5hgfdb said:

Give it a rest. Pocic was a very good college center, let's see how he fares at his natural position.
Since when he became a known run blocker?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

He was being sarcastic in response to the "Wilson running for his life."

Wilson now has a better pass blocking center than he did last year during the Hunt era, and Pocic might actually play well at center as IMHO, he's never really been given a chance. He had Cable-'tastrophe coaching, then Britt had the job.

There are many players in the NFL that can actually play, but never get a chance because they don't practice well. I think Pete has had this problem the last 2 or 3 years as there are young players who should have been on the field more, but weren;t

Last year it was Ugo Amadi, and Shaquem should have been out there at pass rush more often. I think he can do it with his speed, but he needs reps.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about Pocic, thinking that he's pretty good, having played in the SEC, and all he needs is time on the field in real playing conditions.

In what limited play eh had, adn his history he has neve rbeen a good pass blocker .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
nanomoz":7u4nf9e5 said:
He'll be just fine. He's got three years in the system and center was always his natural position. Also, his listed weight is 320, which is a fair bit more than in his rookie season (and substantially more than Joey Hunt--who seemed to struggle to stay at 300).

In 2017. That was 3 years ago. The chant for Pocic has always been to wait until he gets bigger and stronger. I dont think that excuse can be made anymore.

John63

Reaction score
Yeah once again we go in with an oline that outside of our left tackle are at best questionable pass blockers. Natural position or not he could not beat out Hunt in the past and that says alot. Until he and this oline proves otherwise after 8 years of pathetic oline pass blocking we can only presume more of the same

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xdiixck said:
Damn Debbie, have a coke and a smile. Relax

Sorry I live in the real world Polly!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":n8ebws09 said:
SoulfishHawk":n8ebws09 said:

I see our two resident potshot artists are trying to get another thread Shacked. Can we get back on topic, please?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, noted. I'm not trying to do anything, geezus man. I guess it's on par for you to give me crap, so...…
On topic, hoping Pocic proves a lot of people wrong. That being said, would love to see Britt back in the mix if he's healthy enough. I'm sure many would feel a lot more comfortable with him under Center.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3c69cozd said:
Fair enough, noted. I'm not trying to do anything, geezus man. I guess it's on par for you to give me crap, so...…
Hoping Pocic proves a lot of people wrong. That being said, would love to see Britt back in the mix if he's healthy enough.

Britt was seen trying out with the Packers, I think.

The people who are down on Pocic are down on him because he didn't cut the mustard in pass protection. They're not just making that up. Him being better than Joey Hunt isn't a huge compliment.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, Pocic makes me nervous. But he's who they are going with so...….an extra drink per quarter.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
onanygivensunday":jwr133sq said:
nanomoz":jwr133sq said:
I looked it up. He was listed at 310 at both the combine and his pro day.

Guys, we gotta figure how to lock him out of the look up. He's getting dangerous!
:177692: :lol: :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Someone already mentioned Aaron Donald. Nightmares every time we go up against that guy. He's the best D Lineman in the game imo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":h0t8zv56 said:
Maelstrom787":h0t8zv56 said:
John63":h0t8zv56 said:

Give it a rest. Pocic was a very good college center, let's see how he fares at his natural position.[/quotee]

Ahh no I will not, and Pocic was blown up a lot last year in pass blocking so you give it a rest. The Fact is ethan was horrible in pass protection period

All I'm saying is that there is good reason to believe Pocic will perform better at center, which is his natural position. He was a very good center in college, it's his natural position on the line. He's had a good camp working at that spot. This is his best fit.

The whole drive-by pessimism on any thread remotely involving the offensive line is weak sauce. If you feel so strongly about everybody sucking no matter what, at least offer some intelligent discourse on the topic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fingers crossed, we need the guy. It's an extremely important spot on that line. It sounds like it's his most comfortable of any on the line. Being nervous about the guy doesn't mean I think he will suck. I'm just in a wait and see mode when it comes to him that's all.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped about the OLine this year. We are better. Last year we had Hunt, Big Ol' Fluke who was slow, and Ifedi, the WORST RT in the NFL. So bad that he couldn't get a contract for any money.

Pocic > Hunt, Damien Lewis > Fluker, My Mom > Ifedi

Brock Huard: Ethan Pocic won Seahawks’ center job, B.J. Finney didn’t lose it

Huard said he’s glad that Pocic’s time at guard is seemingly over, as it’s more of a benefit to him and the team if he is a center.

“I think they felt like they could slide him into that guard spot, but I don’t think he can anchor, I don’t think that is the strength of his game..

...but at 6-foot-6-plus (and 320 pounds), he is athletic and he can get to the second level. He was dominant at (center) at LSU and I think he’s set up for some success and I would absolutely say … that he went out and took that job from a guy guaranteed nearly $5 million going in, thinking he had it in his hands.”

Ethan is 6-foot-6, he’s long, he’s athletic, he’s got pretty good bend, but he’s not what (rookie right guard) Damien Lewis is and that’s just an unbelievable, powerful squat of 650 pounds,

He’s kind of a nasty dude and you’re going to see this,” Brock said. “He likes to play to and through the whistle and he doesn’t mind as a center when someone’s engaged of sticking his neck and shoulder and helmet right into the ribs and sucking the oxygen out of the lungs of said defensive tackles.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1170833/ ... enter-job/

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":23lot0l0 said:
John63":23lot0l0 said:
SoulfishHawk":23lot0l0 said:

I see our two resident potshot artists are trying to get another thread Shacked. Can we get back on topic, please?

I see our typical ostrich with his head in a hole is trying to get people to ignore the obvious again. Let's get back on topic Pocic is the starting center and has shown nothing to show he can be even avg at pass blocking. Its not a pot shot twhen its true and the issue has existed for 8+years.

Latest posts