Evan White sighting!

sutz

Reaction score
White starting at first today. Good to see after two lost years. Flew out in his first AB.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
White will start the season in Tacoma, of course, but it's nice to see he might be available for callup if needed. Gotta keep the faith I guess. They're paying him a lot of money to play minor league ball and rehab.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
White will start the season in Tacoma, of course, but it's nice to see he might be available for callup if needed. Gotta keep the faith I guess. They're paying him a lot of money to play minor league ball and rehab.
He needs AB’s and to play everyday. Keep him in Tacoma and like you said call him up if there is an injury.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
He needs AB’s and to play everyday. Keep him in Tacoma and like you said call him up if there is an injury.
Not to mention Ty France has the spot nailed down for now. White is probably better defensively, but like you say, he needs ABs. He didn't hit very well when he was up the first times. They jumped the gun on him, both in his contract and his callup.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You almost forget how damn good he is on Defense. Just seems like we haven't even been able to watch White play.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
You almost forget how damn good he is on Defense. Just seems like we haven't even been able to watch White play.
I didn't forget he's a gold glove first baseman. Unfortunately, his first couple of times up he was swinging a nerf bat. Nowhere near where you expect a corner infielder to hit. So he'll most likely start the season in Tacoma to work on that BA and slugging pct.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, needs to get a lot more reps in. I meant to say that as in general, people (including myself) almost forget about the guy since we rarely see him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Not to mention White has to prove that he can play for an extended period. Would be nice to know he can finish a season for once. I've never been one to jump to the "injury prone" label for players in any sport, but Evan is borderline for sure. If he can go 50-60 consecutive games in AAA I'll start believeing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
See: Kyle Lewis

Dude was crazy talented, but that chronic knee issue just couldn't keep him on the field. Really a bummer because that kid could flat out play.