Florio predicts Bezos will own Hawks

nanomoz

Reaction score
Why? the dude is immensely successful. He grew Amazon from literally nothing, shipping books himself to what Amazon is now and also a crazy successful space program in Blue Origin that puts satellites into space every month. Bezos as owner? Yes please

This is a myth. He had a quarter milliion dollars from his parents in 1995. That's about half a million bucks now. That's privilege, not "literally nothing."

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's just hard for any potential new owner to measure up to Paul Allen and what he brought to the team and the community. After some of the Seattle sports owners, I'm still gunshy. I don't really watch or follow NBA since the Sonics got stolen. We almost lost the Seahawks to slimeball Ken Behring. I'd be just as happy to have Jody Allen hang onto the team another 10+ years and do her best to keep honoring Paul's vision and memory.
I think a lot of Seahawk fans fail to give PA enough credit.
Any of us that suffered through the previous owners understand what he meant and did for this team.

I’m not sure that any new owner could live up but we certainly won’t have any choice when the day comes.
Like others, my main concern is that the team stays put.

I root for the SEATTLE seahawks.

keasley45

Reaction score
JB might be interested, but given Paul's passion for this city and the team, I highly doubt Jody will just let a part of Paul's legacy go to just a guy who has the cash to write a check, but not the ties, the enthusiasm, passion for the sport and the Hawks.

There are enough examples of rich MFers who just own a team like they own a Ferrari in their garage. Not at all capable of explaining its significance, driving it or even unlocking the door.

And i heard that Jeff has enough money to buy every team.... at once, if he so chose. Not that that's remotely possible. But if it were possible, he could just buy all 32 franchises. Thats just how rich he is.

No thanks. Have no desire for the owner of our tean to have so much money, that 'value' has no meaning. The world is his personal monopoly board, and he prints his own rainbow cash. Blue and green, for him are just 2 more colors.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Did we work at the same distribution center or something? You speak the true true
no, but i've had friends that have worked for amazon. the richest company in america, yet it treats it's employees like disposable cattle. bezos is a union-buster and has a monopoly over online retailers and has put thousands of small business owners out of business.

keasley45

Reaction score
no, but i've had friends that have worked for amazon. the richest company in america, yet it treats it's employees like disposable cattle. bezos is a union-buster and has a monopoly over online retailers and has put thousands of small business owners out of business.

exactly. Its all good that he turned a quarter mil into an empire so rich that money has almost no relevance in his life. But he did it with an eye toward max profit. And more power to him. We live in the land of 'get as much as you can for as long as you cn, in almost any way necessary', and hes redefined consumer preference in this country. But if theres a business more antithetical to the ethos of the Hawks and Paul, i cant think of one. Paul was a rich SOB, but he was always a small town guy, and content to take his money and dedicate it to areas of need, without necessarily looking at capitalizing on the deed. He was also content to be in the shadow of Bill G, the guy who most associate with MS success. Paul was the quiet genius, content doing his thing in the corners, while others assumed the spotlight. but he was no less 'successful' - he just had different priorities and had his eye on the bigger picture and what was more important to the common good, not his own personal bottom line.

He and our Hawks were a brilliant match. The Hawks + a dude who has built his empire on the ashes of mainstreet america and shows little remorse and less interest for the little guy or how to mitigate the carnage his success has wreaked... nope.

Seattle is the little guy. The hawks are the little guy, the underdog. Which is what makes it all the better when we dominate the guys everyone loves to love.

If JB ever knew what it meant to be the underdog, he's had to forget it to 'achieve' what he has.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
exactly. Its all good that he turned a quarter mil into an empire so rich that money has almost no relevance in his life. But he did it with an eye toward max profit. And more power to him. We live in the land of 'get as much as you can for as long as you cn, in almost any way necessary', and hes redefined consumer preference in this country. But if theres a business more antithetical to the ethos of the Hawks and Paul, i cant think of one. Paul was a rich SOB, but he was always a small town guy, and content to take his money and dedicate it to areas of need, without necessarily looking at capitalizing on the deed. He was also content to be in the shadow of Bill G, the guy who most associate with MS success. Paul was the quiet genius, content doing his thing in the corners, while others assumed the spotlight. but he was no less 'successful' - he just had different priorities and had his eye on the bigger picture and what was more important to the common good, not his own personal bottom line.

He and our Hawks were a brilliant match. The Hawks + a dude who has built his empire on the ashes of mainstreet america and shows little remorse and less interest for the little guy or how to mitigate the carnage his success has wreaked... nope.

Seattle is the little guy. The hawks are the little guy, the underdog. Which is what makes it all the better when we dominate the guys everyone loves to love.

If JB ever knew what it meant to be the underdog, he's had to forget it to 'achieve' what he has.
Plenty of money to be made without stealing souls along the way.

I’ll take an owner with far less money who’s passionate about the game.

JB isn’t a football guy.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This is a myth. He had a quarter milliion dollars from his parents in 1995. That's about half a million bucks now. That's privilege, not "literally nothing."
that's NOTHING, that's a small business loan. He built an empire from a measly $250K? I paid more in taxes than that this year. This guy is a winner, if you want to win then let him buy the team.

keasley45

Reaction score
that's NOTHING, that's a small business loan. He built an empire from a measly $250K? I paid more in taxes than that this year. This guy is a winner, if you want to win then let him buy the team.
It's your annual taxes and someone else's salary for 6 years.

Plain and simple, it takes money to make money, and he capitalized on a vacuum in the market. Some ventures are that way. Doesn't mean anything with respect to what he knows about football or community. All of these owners are rich. Beyond a certain point, you're just rich.

And getting rich doesn't necessarily have anything to do with scruppels, character or intelligence - emotional or otherwise.

There are plenty of examples of guys who've hit it big that are liabilities when it comes to charting the trajectory of anything but the bottom line.

Paul Allen had less money. And started with less. Does that make him a lesser Bezos?

Money isn't everything. People are everything. Culture is everything. And from the sounds of it, JB is rich as all get out, but prioritizes money over everything.

Kinda like Jerry in big D... Snyder in Washington.

Football is a sport made successful by shrewd football minds. And there are more examples of owners who were great at marketing and pulling in profit but were blind when it came to abything else, to see where a JB ownership scenario could go.

nanomoz

Reaction score

A small business loan he didn't have to qaulify for, provide collateral for, or get a co-signature on. This is privilege. How many people have families that can dole out that dough?

I didn't say he didn't achieve anything. I said your "literally nothing" comment was bullshit. Because it was.

hawks85

Reaction score
The validation and ego that come with being part of the most exclusive (mostly) men's club in the world is far more valuable than adding a few dollars to your $123b.

It's literally the worlds greatest flex. G5's, Iced out Pateks, 25 year old supermodels, yachts... lot's of people have them, but only 32 people on Earth own an NFL franchise.

Eventually the team will be sold, it's inevitable. All I care about is two things.

1. Would he keep the squad in Seattle
2. Is he competitive to do what it takes to win.
Let me Help You Out.
1. **** NO!!!!
2 **** NO!!!!

rjdriver

Reaction score

He's an absolute winner in his field of revolutionizing retail and crushing competition. His basic strategy of reducing revenue in the name of future growth was not initially lauded by investors. His persistence and ruthlessness certainly paid off (for him and investors).

But this universal winner thing doesn't translate. Every NFL owner, save one or two inheritors, is a winner of superlative degree with regard to wealth accumulation and business acumen. Walton is the biggest "winner" but just came off a horrible first season. Guys like Tepper (CAR), Khan (JAX), Ross (MIA), and Blank (ATL) are all top 10 wealthiest owners, but fail to consistently produce elite teams. If you think being a winner in one arena automatically correlates to success in another, there are some Charlotte Hornet fans that have some beer for you to hold.

Whatever your thoughts are on Bezos, I bet Goodell and 31 owners really likes his money, so it's certainly plausible. I'm no Bezos fan, but I understand the shield is made of money above all else, and Bezos has more of it than anyone.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Let me Help You Out.
1. **** NO!!!!
2 **** NO!!!!

I respectfully disagree with number one. I think he would keep the team in Seattle.

As far as #2 .... I think his ego and need for control would render his competitiveness a liability, not an asset.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with number one. I think he would keep the team in Seattle.

As far as #2 .... I think his ego and need for control would render his competitiveness a liability, not an asset.
You didn't adress the subtext, which is basically #3. Which is, "aren't you worried he might change the logo into a big white dick shooting into space?"

sdog1981

Reaction score
Do any of us know if he's a sports fan or not? Like I said, I don't know much at all about him. Just curious if he's in to sports.
He has been a billionaire for almost 30 years and has never once gotten involved with a team in any sport. It's a good name to attach to an article for clicks.

rjdriver

Reaction score
You didn't adress the subtext, which is basically #3. Which is, "aren't you worried he might change the logo into a big white dick shooting into space?"
Worried? No

Optimistic? Yes

I doubt it will happen and seems unrealistic. Everyone knows there is no such thing as a big white dick.

TwilightError

Reaction score
If Bezos does want to own the Hawks, it's probably one of those vanity purchases asshole billionaires like to do. Can't imagine he'd be a good owner. (n)
This. I’d rather see the Seahawks have an owner who is not a complete a-hole, whose wealth is made by abusing his workers and paying slave wages. He might be successful but it would be nice to have someone who is not a complete misanthrope.

So it’s probably gonna be him.

Latest posts