Fournette?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fournette in college was a man amongst boys. Once he joined the NFL and became a man against men, it was much harder for him. He didn't seemingly have the desire to rise to occasion. It was all fun when you were the star and everything was coming easy. But not everyone has the work ethic to rise to the higher level when everyone else is also a star.

I don't think Fournette is a good fit despite being a stud.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, a hell of a player. But has, at least from a distance, not exactly been a total team guy. I'm plenty happy with the backs they have. I'm sure he'll find a gig, but he needs to try to clean up that image and kick some ass on the field, while staying healthy and buying in.

chris98251

Reaction score
He doesn't feel like the guy that would enjoy walking up and punching someone in the mouth and stand there and relish the return shot, Lynch would walk into a bar and punch them all in the mouth and they would run because who is crazy enough to do that.

That's what I think, he could punch smaller guys and not take a return shot really in College, now everyone hits back.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":23gu9zsk said:
NorthDallas40oz":23gu9zsk said:
Jags are definitely tanking but LF had been a headache for them regardless. He'll clear waivers because his 4.2M salary for 2020 is fully guaranteed, which is why no one traded for him, but he should get a few bites afterwards. The challenge with LF is that he's a 2-down back who brings nothing to the passing game, which is comparable to being a back-to-the-basket center in the modern NBA.

JFC! I guess those 76 receptions for 522 yards last year just don't count.
Those 76 "receptions" (almost entirely check-down dumpoffs by Gardner Minshew rather than scripted plays) came on 100 targets and produced less than 7 yards per catch and zero touchdowns, which is an absolutely horrid efficiency rate (never mind his 4 drops). This is largely due to LF's total lack of ability to make defenders miss in space, which renders him wholly useless as an actual receiving "threat."

BTW, he predictably cleared waivers today.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He cleared waivers.

Imagine Carroll will pick him up if nobody wants him. He loves those 1st round picks. And early 1st that is ALSO a RB? Pretty much has Carroll written all over it.

That said, considering Kamara might be available, most people are going to forget Fournette even exists until someone picks that guy up.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If we were rollin' in dough I would be in favor of pursuing Kamara. I read a report today saying the Saints might look to take a pass on paying him what he wants. IMO he's one of the best, not just the best available.
Cap is such a dream killer!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Nah. Man alot of posters like to beat a dead horse. Just as soon as he is released. I know it's a talking point, but not worth it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1pj827fx said:
Nah.

Sometimes you have to let the young guys play.

We are pretty deep at RB now.

Don’t need Fournette.

Fournette is 25 and has played 3 seasons.

When the Seahawks acquired Marshawn Lynch, he was 24 and had played 3 seasons.

It's not like Fournette is an "old guy".

uncle fester

Reaction score
Week 1 is 10 days away.

You'd be adding an RB who would need more time than is available to get up to speed with the playbook, therefore wouldn't be of much immediate help - in a season that's already full of uncertainty.

Also, to add him, someone else in the RB room (I doubt Fournette would be volunteering for ST work) would probably have to go.

I don't know if that much upheaval would be of interest to PC/JS at this stage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We don't need him here in Seattle. And I still stick to my opinion that the fact that he cleared waivers and they couldn't even find a trade partner says a lot. He's still very young and has the talent to be a very good back for a long time. But, he still has some growing up to do. I'm good with what they have here.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":2g2zccow said:
He doesn't feel like the guy that would enjoy walking up and punching someone in the mouth and stand there and relish the return shot, Lynch would walk into a bar and punch them all in the mouth and they would run because who is crazy enough to do that.

That's what I think, he could punch smaller guys and not take a return shot really in College, now everyone hits back.
This!

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Pats aren't the only team letting it be known they're not interested in signing Fournette.

Rams coach Sean McVay noted Tuesday that L.A. didn't have interest in acquiring the RB.

"He's a good player but we feel good about the guys we have in house. We're not looking at anyone externally," McVay said, via the L.A. Times.

Bears coach Matt Nagy also said Wednesday that Chicago was standing pat at the running back position.

"I'll just say we really like where we're at right now with our running back room," Nagy told reporters,

https://www.nfl.com/news/leonard-fourne ... to-sign-rb

Osprey

Reaction score
Will be a huge fall from grace if he ends up having to wait to sign as an in-season replacement.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Not one team was even willing to trade a 7th for the guy. What baggage is going on behind the scenes?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
CPHawk":e0dtkg1z said:
Not one team was even willing to trade a 7th for the guy. What baggage is going on behind the scenes?

I’m not sure how the contract works but I kind of assumed nobody wanted to take on his contract of a player with his issues. Since he’s cleared waivers that changes things i think. Someone with a better grasp of how that works could probably enlighten us.

Rat

Reaction score
Signed with the Bucs.

That worked out nicely for him. Goes from the league’s most obviously tanking team to a SB contender with a stacked offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":4sxd3kat said:
Signed with the Bucs.

That worked out nicely for him. Goes from the league’s most obviously tanking team to a SB contender with a stacked offense.

He is also in the one place where his QB will chew his ass and his Coach will bench him in a hot minute if he does anything he doesn't like.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bucs were the clear NFC favorite for the SB already. This just makes them tougher.

RB was one of the few areas they might be thin, not anymore.

Regardless, no longer a seahawk topic.

Latest posts