Geno/Lock vs JTO/Hill/Martin

toffee

Reaction score
A national syndicated expert called our QB competition the saddest and most pathetic QB competition of all time, unbelievably, enough 12s on dot net wholeheartedly agreed and defended that writer, really? Allow me to bring back our nemesis 49ers' 2008 season. They had JT O'Sullivan, Shaun Hill, and Jamie Martin in their training camp competing for as starting QB, with Alex Smith on injury reserve.

Hill and Martin both undrafted, JTO in 6th round, all three had minimum NFL starting experience before this QB competition. Compare to these three, our Geno and Lock had excellent pedigree, and starting experience. Please, do not blindly accept what you read by national experts, check out their resume and dig into what they wrote.

Guess what? 9ers finished the season 7-9, QB 8 games each by JTO (8TD/11INT) and Hill (11TD/8INT) , how did they do it? Top 10 defense per PFF, to help their 26th ranked offense, Frank Gore and DeShawn Foster ran with some efficiency, Just a friendly reminder, our defense finished 2021 as the league's #11 in points allowed, our back Penny led the league in yards per carry.

PLEASE, give our boy a chance.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
So you're saying our ceiling is 8-9? Yeah might as well go 0 and 17 and pick 1st
I think we will have a very tough and rough season, lots of ups and more downs. I think its time for the 12s to circle the wagons and cheer our youngsters on.

As bleak as this season may appear, we are actually on the right track. 0-17 will destroy our youngster's moral and developments, I like the team to finish strong, like winning 5 of the last 7. As bad as Geno and Lock may be, can't be worst than JTO and Shuan Hill, and interestingly, Geno is playing the best ball of his life right now. I think Lock is still under Covid, he didn't seem right, I am sure that he will be way better in a month or so.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
We are looking very similar to last year's Broncos....

1. Bridgewater (Geno) starting.
2. Lock as backup.
3. Fant as TE
4. Harris starting on defense.
5. Suspect O-line

With the biggest offseason question being who do we draft as QB?