George Kirby is going to have some competition

ivotuk

Reaction score

From the Jerry Dipoto Show:

“The guy coming into spring training that I think is going to light people up is Bryce Miller,” he said. “He had a terrific year at multiple levels of our minor league system last year.”

Miller, 24, is a right-handed pitcher who the Mariners drafted in the fourth round in 2021 out of Texas A&M.

He appeared in 27 games (26 starts) in the minors last year between Single-A and Double-A and put up big numbers, posting a 3.16 ERA and 1.040 WHIP across 133 2/3 innings while striking out 163 batters and walking 46.

Jerry Dipoto-Explains how parity has slowed down the offseason market

Jerry Dipoto joins Brock and Salk to discuss whether he anticipates the market heating up anytime soon, a name we should watch for in spring training, if they are happy to head into spring with a six man rotation and how the shift rule will impact batting averages.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kirby earned and proved he has a top 3 spot are you kidding me?
This guy your hyping is the #5 M's prospect which is great for only
one year.
This list will show you how much we got coming up and how tight it
is.
We are looking pretty damn good for some time.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/mariners/

sutz

Reaction score
Well, Indy, the kid has a lot to prove to really be competitive with Kirby, but he looks good. A couple of years down the pike he could be a gamer. Maybe he is brought up this year at the roster expansion. Jerry is high on him and he's been pretty good at building our rotation so far. Hell, the bullpens he's patched together have been pretty decent as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Miller looked really good. Located his heat. We could see him soon.
Right but didn't Brash locate his heat till he didn't?
All I'm saying is until these hyped pitchers prove it enough I'm not buying.
Kirby impressed me a lot..These upcomers have to do a lot to bump him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Young pitchers look good untill a major leager torches their best pitch and its those moments the pitcher starts to 2nd guess himself.. ask Brash.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dipoto confirmed on 710 radio they are going to take it easy with Kirby to start the year. Actually it might have been on Hot Take with Chris Risso. Forget what I was listening to. Lel.

Last edited: