Giants CB James Bradberry worth a look?

Go12's

Reaction score
The Giants are rumored to be on the verge of cutting Bradberry just a year removed from a pro bowl season. Hopefully John & Pete will kick the tires. Could be an upgrade at a reasonable price.

sutz

Reaction score
Once he's a FA I guess we could take a look. The team is going young, but he's not that old. But if he wants that $20mill per, I'd say no way.

m0ng0

Reaction score
NO!!! We can't risk offending one of our quarter...err never mind he is a Cornerback yeah why not kick the tires

Own The West

Reaction score
The Giants didn't want to pay him $13M this, and apparently neither did the Texans.

Our secondary looks deep all of a sudden. I think Artie Burns is our veteran security blanket. I don't see them bringing in another 28 year old guy to take reps away from our developing young talent.

flv2

Reaction score
He was due $13.4M this season and his value is estimated to be $10-11M. The Giants could have kept Bradberry and gotten around their current cap problem by extending Leonard Williams, or simply restructuring the cap hit over 2 seasons. That would have potentially put them in line for a 4th round compensatory pick in 2024 if Bradberry had moved on. It was a borderline decision for the Giants. At least they took their time weighing up their options.

Perhaps other teams will overpay for Bradberry, now that there isn't any trade compensation involved. Not sure spending more money makes sense for the Seahawks, (unless they're going to upgrade at QB).

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Looks like a player that joins a team that’s peaking, not a fixer upper like the current Hawks.