Girly Men

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I’m not sure what happened to “The Culture” that Pete fostered during the LOB days? Maybe we’re seeing a watered down version of Pete’s culture after the league clamped down on the way Seahawks played and even practiced during the LOB era. You hear stories about the intensity of practice back then, the trash talking, the fights, etc…
Seahawks need, and the fans deserve something better than the shit show I watched last night. The Seahawks have one good game against a good team, the Lions in week 2.

Xxx

Reaction score
I’m not sure what happened to “The Culture” that Pete fostered during the LOB days? Maybe we’re seeing a watered down version of Pete’s culture after the league clamped down on the way Seahawks played and even practiced during the LOB era. You hear stories about the intensity of practice back then, the trash talking, the fights, etc…
Seahawks need, and the fans deserve something better than the shit show I watched last night. The Seahawks have one good game against a good team, the Lions in week 2.
The culture shifted to Russell… now there’s no culture and the best thing they did was bring back Bobby to try and revive it

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seahawks look like a bunch of girly men on the field. Must be the culture.

Wanna fight?

This is the kind of content that keeps me coming back to .NET

Personally, I don't know why the owner doesn't charge a fee to read these kinds of insights.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I still remember that season where we kinda sucked, I think it was 2011 with Tavaris Jackson, R.I.P., missed the playoffs, but stood up to the physical bullies of the league. We went into NY, and defeated the Super-Bowl-Champion-To-Be Giants in a rock-em sock-em game that flipped the Seahawks script, with Brandon Browner taking a red zone pick 94 yards for a TD and a 36-25 victory.

A couple-three weeks later, we beat the bullies, the Baltimore Ravens, 22-17 in a game where the Hawks finished out the game with a 6-minute drive that slammed the door on the Ravens.

We lost to the 49ers and Cardinals to end the season in two very hard-fought games, 17-19, and 20-23 in OT. We didn't have the skill players, but boy did the team battle physically and not back down physically from anyone.

I don't know where that tough, physical Seahawks team went, basically getting bullied by San Fran on Thanksgiving, just a few weeks after getting bullied and exposed by the Ravens. How did the Seahawks start playing like a "finesse" team and getting physically dominated? We saw this last year too, in losses to Tampa, Raiders, and Carolina, teams that bullied us with their running game.

Obviously I don't have the answer, other than we are getting dominated in the trenches by certain types of opponents, and we don't seem to have the horses or schemes to compete with them.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Seahawks look like a bunch of girly men on the field. Must be the culture.

Wanna fight?
The team lacks talent at most key positions.
It's going to take years of drafting to fix this team.

Pete will retire before any real progress is made.

Seahawks and Cardinals will battle for 3rd place in the Division for years. It's the 1990's all over again.