GORDONS ALIVE!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cant wait to see him next week.

Can this guy elevate us or are we always slaves to however Wilson performs?

HawkerD

Reaction score
Only matters if they install an offense that can utilize him. I am not impressed with Shotty.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":16gf8hp7 said:
Cant wait to see him next week.

Can this guy elevate us or are we always slaves to however Wilson performs?

Would definitely rather have him in there than Moore!

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Your title is straight out of Flash Gordon! Love that movie.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":2o9esr08 said:
Only matters if they install an offense that can utilize him. I am not impressed with Shotty.

where do we get guys like you? Honestly. Russell's best year ever isn't good enough? best offensive production for Seattle in the Pete Carrol Era. This team is, if not the number 1 offense in the red zone, top 3. This offense has been nothing short of amazing under Shotty. I'm left to wonder if you watch the games or pay attention at all.

seabowl

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":fjjvoe6e said:
HawkerD":fjjvoe6e said:

where do we get guys like you? Honestly. Russell's best year ever isn't good enough? best offensive production for Seattle in the Pete Carrol Era. This team is, if not the number 1 offense in the red zone, top 3. This offense has been nothing short of amazing under Shotty. I'm left to wonder if you watch the games or pay attention at all.

Best stat year yes but definitely not his best year. His scrambling ability has deteriorated tremendously and over the last 6 weeks he has not been very good.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
BubbaGump":1ddd79tt said:
One of the best bad movies out there. Including the soundtrack. I love Brian Blessed's "DIIIIIIIIIVE!"

Nunya

Reaction score
seabowl":2wbsmxri said:
Chukarhawk":2wbsmxri said:
HawkerD":2wbsmxri said:

Best stat year yes but definitely not his best year. His scrambling ability has deteriorated tremendously and over the last 6 weeks he has not been very good.

How do you figure? He has rushed for more this season than his last 2 seasons....on the same amount of attempts and 2 less games. His average (6.3 yards per attempt) is greater than any other season except 2014 (7.2 yards/attempt)

nwHawk

Reaction score
Personally I believe the team expect Gordon to only miss the first 6 or 8 games and we're good with David Moore in prove it mode (last chance) before Gordon bumped him down to #4. Well, I think Russ has suffered because Moore is not a good enough / consistent enough #3 WR.

Here's to hoping Gordon transitions into to the mix quickly and effectively. :irishdrinkers:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Nunya":39ee862i said:
seabowl":39ee862i said:
Chukarhawk":39ee862i said:
HawkerD":39ee862i said:

How do you figure? He has rushed for more this season than his last 2 seasons....on the same amount of attempts and 2 less games. His average (6.3 yards per attempt) is greater than any other season except 2014 (7.2 yards/attempt)

Russ only gets the respect of certain people if he’s passing for 4 TDs or more. His performance has to be otherworldly, ten times better than the competition, to keep the hate away.

And up until the last game or two, Russ was the team’s leading rusher

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
In my view, there's a difference between scrambling, and tucking and taking off for running yards.

Russ is slower in the backfield avoiding rushers, that seems obvious. He cannot scramble quite as effectively as 7-8 years ago. But he's willing to run, getting to the sticks ahead of him in intelligent ways this season, thus his higher yardage total this season.

I like it.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
BubbaGump":16k24hwc said:

Too bad Ming the Merciless is now racist. You can only have a villain if they are lily white now.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Josh is automatically the Seahawks Best Pass Catcher. The dude has incredibly soft hands. Hopefully DK can get to his level as a hands catcher in a few years. I’m excited to watch him play. I want him to take over Moore’s snaps

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hearing Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin talk about Gordon and how he has always been a "hands catcher" is really cool to hear. Reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald, always catching with his hands. I just think that because of all the suspensions etc. people forget how incredibly talented this guy really is. He flat out can contribute to this offense. And we can use yet another big body WR w/good hands. Third down conversions have been an issue lately, Gordon can be a big contributor on those important 3rd downs. Plus, a fresh set of legs can only help, and a guy who still has plenty to prove, and a lot to play for.

Latest posts