Halftime adjustments

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Sluggish start but the defense stepped up after the first quarter and change and I thought bringing in Alex Collins for a change of pace was brilliant. Aside from the blown coverage by Adams on that wheel route I thought they responded nicely. First time all season Pete had the team ready to take command of a game and win it after starting off poorly

chris98251

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":37ippe7e said:
Sluggish start but the defense stepped up after the first quarter and change and I thought bringing in Alex Collins for a change of pace was brilliant. Aside from the blown coverage by Adams on that wheel route I thought they responded nicely. First time all season Pete had the team ready to take command of a game and win it after starting off poorly

Well that could be because we started off hot and scoring the first three games, but hey why pay attention to details.

mikeak

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":icb91hg0 said:

Adams didn't blow that coverage

S. Jones did, in his first game with the team. Happens

getnasty

Reaction score
Pete and every coordinator do not make half time adjustments.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1zzjlfxz said:

I don't get these responses.

The team played a solid game and finished strong. Great win

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jerhawk":11cbg5r1 said:
ArlosSpecial":11cbg5r1 said:

I don't get these responses.

The team played a solid game and finished strong. Great win

The team played a solid 35 minutes and finished strong. The first 25 looked like a runaway train heading for a washed out bridge. Had it not been for that last drive of the 2nd half, it would have been the worst offensive half of football in franchise history.

Russell had a decent but not eye popping game. The two things that stick out about his performance is that he protected the ball as he has yet to turn it over this season and was 4-4 in the red zone. Alex Collins brought us a much needed change of pace style of running, the defense had a really nice outing, their first of the season, and we got a couple of turnovers, including one unforced error on special teams in the red zone. We lost most of the major statistical battles, except for the one that counts, ie points scored.

It was a solid win that we had to have, if for nothing else, to give the defense something for them to feel good about themselves over. Those guys have been literally roasted nonstop by the talking heads, in social media, and in forums like this one for the past two weeks. Nice thing is that we won't have long to wait to see if it was a genuine metamorphosis and the coming out of the defense or another example of fool's gold, the result of playing a half of football against a rookie quarterback and his first sustained action in the big leagues.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
getnasty":2k7n41c6 said:
Pete and every coordinator do not make half time adjustments.

Confirmed. As many posters here repeatedly have noted over the years, these coaches never even bother to pay attention to what happened the previous play, much less make any adjustments. I also have been told consistently that these coaches don't prepare for games at all.