Harbaugh Leaving Michigan?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":31xbszoi said:
chris98251":31xbszoi said:
SanDiego49er":31xbszoi said:
SantaClaraHawk":31xbszoi said:
Ann Arbor's doing decent this year. I could see him staying there, and if he gets bounced going to some other college team as a high-paid coach.

He vehemently denied any interest in going back to the NFL. It was unequivocal. I doubt Jerry of all people would pick him up given Harbs' disrespect against FO going on up to the actual owners. Jerrah is gonna expect whoever he gets to line up for fan promos or whatever Jerrah deems important. Both Jerrah and Harbs are massive control freaks--and so are most NFL owners--so I see Harbs finishing it out more comfortably in college.

I absolutely can't see him getting along with Jerry Jones. Wow that would be a clash of personalities to say the least. They are two very strong headed, stubborn, type A personalities, both eccentric at times, both big control freaks on everything. I can't see that lasting at all. But who knows? Maybe Jerry will want to make a change. If the money is there and Harbaugh is out at Michigan he will look at all other opportunities. Including even that one. I just don't see this being a good match for either one. I don't think this would be psychologically healthy for either one. But maybe they will put that aside in the attempt to win.

He already did it twice, once with Parcells and once with Jimmy Johnson.

But he didn't last with either one and he even won multiple Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson.
Had he not pushed JJ out there would have been way more than 2.
Parcells was burned out and old but coaching just for the high$$$.
Harbs has plenty of money so that isn't going to be his only motivation
I can actually see him doing it but that doesn't make him the answer.
I think JJ himself paying too many too much actually hurts the team.
JJ will also take anyone with talent regardless of drug suspensions
or attitude ect.That will be something that coaches hate and why I
think the next coach if good will want control over who stays or goes.

James in PA

Reaction score
And so it continues... Harbaugh can’t figure out Ohio State. Good coach but hasn’t been able to get Michigan over that hump. He may be better suited for the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He can't even keep it close.

Is this even a rivalry anymore?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the recruiting disadvantage has less to do with the scouts than with academics.

Michigan is like the Cal of the Rust Belt. And like Cal, if they relax entry standards too much and/or make it "too" easy to graduate, fury will decend from alums and press about why they're not educating these men. It is so much harder for someone who's average or even above-average smart to make grade in an environment where every classmate was a "most likely to succeed" academic candidate. That makes it harder to field winnng teams overall.

Latest posts