Has the Seattle media ever called for the firing of Bevell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksny

Reaction score
sdog1981":qq0s3zgv said:
So what do people say now in the light that Richard Sherman has told a media member he has the power to pull his press pass?

I'm sure the media member is really shaking in his boots. I mean, he's a stanford grad, right?

sdog1981

Reaction score
seahawksny":is0og4k4 said:
sdog1981":is0og4k4 said:
So what do people say now in the light that Richard Sherman has told a media member he has the power to pull his press pass?

I'm sure the media member is really shaking in his boots. I mean, he's a stanford grad, right?

Looks like Sherman has since retreated on his comments.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
To the OP, yes, I remember an incident. It was Pete's first year, and it was early in the season. I think the preseason was pretty rough, and going into the bye, the Hawks were sitting at 2-2. I was listening to KJR one afternoon, and I very distinctly remember Softy ragging on the team, and then he said "and I've already seen enough of Darrell Bevell". He didn't say he wanted him fired, but that was a pretty clear statement.

The two wins came against San Fran and San Diego. San Fran was trash, and a lot of the scoring in the Chargers game came courtesy of a huge ST day from Leon Washington. So at the time, the offense was pretty porous.

cymatica

Reaction score
irocdave":3q13hf8i said:
After reading all the banter back and forth in this thread, I came away thinking about Pete's philosophy about churning the roster and continually looking for the best player. He doesn't do the same with coaches. Maybe Hugh Millen can ask him about that, Pete seems to settle on a coach and they stay in place until they get hired by some one else. Shouldn't coaches on the staff fall under the same protocol? If this season ends the way it looks like it's going to, both coordinators should be looking for a job.

There are also more players than coaches to choose from. Easier to mold or tweak a player, one cog in the machine, as opposed to a coach who affects all the cogs. Every year theres hundreds of new players coming out of college, maybe just a handful of new coaches. Seems like a numbers game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1xqm11w4 said:
Joyodongo":1xqm11w4 said:
Anyway, I heard Mike Salk on friday (after Sherman's incident) saying that he thinks Bevell should be "cut" by the end of the season. I was pleasently surprised ...

The problem with this argument maybe problems not the right word. hypocrisy, thats the word im looking for. Anyone can point to any given play that didn't work.

-Yet they ignore the 100s of plays that do work
-They ignore the fact that Bevell masterfully brought RW along, Developing him and helping to mold him into the superstar he is today. If not for Bevell RW could of turned into Mike Glennon, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Colt MCCoy, Kevin O'conell, (the other QBs drafted in third round since 2008)
-Also developing UDFA WR's who have played major parts on the team, Baldwin, Kearse, Rawls
-Seamlessly integrated a bunch of big time egos and personalities.
-Won a super bowl,
-Got to back to back super bowls
-Got to playoffs 5 years in a row

All the while, having less cap space resource then the majority of the nfl.........
In what world does the offensive coordinator bring a QB along rather than the quarterbacks coach?

Delusion is a wonderful thing...Nearly unbelievable. Seriously, I know that the ganja is legal baby, but maybe cut back on the amount a bit.

Megatron

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":34jq4kwf said:
To the OP, yes, I remember an incident. It was Pete's first year, and it was early in the season. I think the preseason was pretty rough, and going into the bye, the Hawks were sitting at 2-2. I was listening to KJR one afternoon, and I very distinctly remember Softy ragging on the team, and then he said "and I've already seen enough of Darrell Bevell". He didn't say he wanted him fired, but that was a pretty clear statement.

The two wins came against San Fran and San Diego. San Fran was trash, and a lot of the scoring in the Chargers game came courtesy of a huge ST day from Leon Washington. So at the time, the offense was pretty porous.

I'm pretty sure Jeremy Bates was OC during Pete's first season, Bevell was still the OC in Minnesota. So your distinct memory of one incident is way off, otherwise the rest of your post pretty much correct.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Offensive DVOA for the Seahawks in 2011, Bevell's first year and the season before Wilson was drafted: -8.7%, ranked 22nd. The 2012 season? 18.5%; 4th.

Yeah, I'm sure Bevell's the reason for the improvement. :roll:

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14m70ehz said:
Offensive DVOA for the Seahawks in 2011, Bevell's first year and the season before Wilson was drafted: -8.7%, ranked 22nd. The 2012 season? 18.5%; 4th.

This is the problem with the Bevell haters on here. Everything is black and white.

It's impossible that Bevell, given a genuine talent at QB instead of T-Jack playing with a torn pec and Charlie Whitehurst, had a hand in putting a much better offensive product on the field in 2012. Wilson was a rookie and showed major strides during the 2012 season -- but let's give no credit to the OC.

The reality is, no Bevell wasn't the sole reason for the improvement. But the reality is also he probably contributed greatly towards it too.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Megatron":1qcy23j1 said:
Thepeelsessions":1qcy23j1 said:

I'm pretty sure Jeremy Bates was OC during Pete's first season, Bevell was still the OC in Minnesota. So your distinct memory of one incident is way off, otherwise the rest of your post pretty much correct.

Funny thing is I thought the Hawks looked really good under Bates and at the time hated that we got rid of him.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Are you saying that no one else could develop Russell Wilson. That's a strange position. In RWS time in seattle, there have been other qb's not influenced by bevel that have won Super Bowls and will likely have long careers.

Here in nola, the media likes Payton, but there are rumblings in the town square about time to move on, but it's not reflected in the papers.

I don't think many smaller markets would campaign for a coaches firing. NYC / NJ has two teams and one always sucks. It's easier to have a media science project when the same fan can skip one team, go to another and still get their football in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Megatron":17ib3x9o said:
Thepeelsessions":17ib3x9o said:

Dang, you're right. How embarrassing! Thanks for correcting that. It was 2011. Softy made that comment the week after they got completely clowned in Pittsburgh and started the season 0-2.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
God, will this b#tching about Bevell ever cease? The Media is so far out in left field, who cares what they say and don't say?

DARRELLBEVELL#1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":193ymyuu said:
RolandDeschain":193ymyuu said:

This is the problem with the Bevell haters on here. Everything is black and white.

It's impossible that Bevell, given a genuine talent at QB instead of T-Jack playing with a torn pec and Charlie Whitehurst, had a hand in putting a much better offensive product on the field in 2012. Wilson was a rookie and showed major strides during the 2012 season -- but let's give no credit to the OC.

The reality is, no Bevell wasn't the sole reason for the improvement. But the reality is also he probably contributed greatly towards it too.

Bevell0

YA BABY! THANK YOU FOR HAVING BEVELLS BACK!

BEVELL BACKERS MOUNT UP! CALL A BUBBLESCREEN ON THE HATERS!

;)

Joyodongo

Reaction score
DARRELLBEVELL#1":12jboszy said:
theENGLISHseahawk":12jboszy said:
RolandDeschain":12jboszy said:

Bevell0

;)

Respectable but ... there's no need to shout ...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
DARRELLBEVELL#1":y7nra88u said:
theENGLISHseahawk":y7nra88u said:
RolandDeschain":y7nra88u said:

Bevell0

;)
Interesting first post. Wonder where this is going .....

DARRELLBEVELL#1

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1afdxex3 said:
DARRELLBEVELL#1":1afdxex3 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1afdxex3 said:
RolandDeschain":1afdxex3 said:

Bevell0

;)
Interesting first post. Wonder where this is going .....

Not only are we going to New Hampshire, SIOUXHAWK , we’re going to South Carolina and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico, and we’re going to California and Texas and New York … And we’re going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan, and then we’re going to HOUSTON., to take back the SUPERBOWL! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

seahawks-bears-football.jpg

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
While I'm not aware of any Media calling for the firing of Bevell and I am by no means a Bevell fan, I do not think firing him without a plan in place to move ahead is a great idea. Instead, I'm hoping Sherman's conversation with Coach leads to a bit more control and direction of Bevell/Cable from Coach and GM. Bottom line, as long as we are winning and a consistent playoff contender I don't see any media calling for anyone one to get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts