Hawkblogger talks draft, trades away...

Chevy

Reaction score
There is a mock draft simulator that lets you also trade players and Woolen's value wasn't good. Zach Charbonnet had more trade value in the simulator than Woolen. Which makes sense because this is a bad draft for RBs. Charbonnet would be the #1 rated RB if he were in this draft.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Seems pretty early to be trading Woolen. I'd like to see what he does under a REAL DC (Mike Macdonald)
To me, it was pretty clear Tariq was protecting his shoulder and knee last season. However, there were times he didn't show much effort. I understand him not wanting to be physical all the time but the business decisions rub me the wrong way.

Some people have argued that Woolen is not a fit in Mac's defense but I don't understand that. The Ravens had to play a lot of zone because they CBs weren't the best outside of Marlon Humphrey.

How do we know Mac won't take advantage of the fact that both Woolen and Witherspoon excel in man better than zone? I think he will. No point in trading Woolen. You have 3 CBs with experience in Woolen, Witherspoon, and Tre Brown. You can still bring back Mike Jack.

I'm almost certain they draft a CB in a deep class. There is a good CB in almost every round. My personal favorites:

1st Round: Quinyon Mitchell
2nd Round: TJ Tampa
3rd Round: Renardo Green
4th Round: Caelen Carson
5th Round: Max Melton
6th Round: Elijah Jones
7th Round: Ryan Watts

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I wonder if Tariq was playing injured all year? I haven't heard anything about surgery this spring, but it could have happened without us knowing.

Oly

Reaction score
One mediocre/bad season isn't reason to trade a promising player on a cheap rookie contract. Even if he's not a scheme fit right now, I want a good defensive coach to have the opportunity to turn him into a good player for that scheme.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He had to be injured I don't see any way someone's play can drop off that precipitously. He went from all pro to back up in one season.

Last edited:

cheese22

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, and I am nobody, every guy on this defense that is in their first couple years in the league gets a get out of jail free card. No matter how good of a reputation PC has as a defensive coach, the defense has been the victim of bad scheming, no halftime adjustments, completely vanilla in sets and stunts, and a stubborn old coach that has fought adapting for years.
There's fresh ideas at the top with a track record of being aggressive, unpredictable, and most importantly... success.
The potential of a Woolen & Weatherspoon duo is way, way too enticing to trade away. Along with Love's current trajectory, as long as Brown and Bryant continue working and improving, the sky is the limit for the defensive backfield.
Forgot to mention Mike Jack. He had a down year compared to 2022, also. He's young and will get better with the new regime. That's a deep, young CB room.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One mediocre/bad season isn't reason to trade a promising player on a cheap rookie contract. Even if he's not a scheme fit right now, I want a good defensive coach to have the opportunity to turn him into a good player for that scheme.
You'll learn soon enough that on dot net, players are not allowed to have average seasons. Or even a bad game :LOL:

Oly

Reaction score
You'll learn soon enough that on dot net, players are not allowed to have average seasons. Or even a bad game :LOL:
I'm also a Chelsea fan (unfortunately) and good gawd that fanbase is a fickle mess. I hope it's not that bad here!