HawkBlogger's Big Board and Draft Notes

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to podcasts, and reading, I've read/heard from a lot of people that there are a limited number of actual 1st round talents this year. Anything from 15 to 25.a

Love HawkBlogger's work, but he uses the word "tranches" which seems awfully highbrow to me. I had no idea what it meant. After looking at the definition, I don't think the word applies and it only confused me, distracting me from the story. Good stuff anyway, but "Know your audience."

tranche: a division or portion of a pool or whole.
The strength of this draft is rounds 2-3

There are a handful of players who rise to the top of this draft, but I would argue none of them are as clean of projections to be stars as some other drafts we have seen. Where this draft stands out is that you may be able to get a guy in the late second round or third round who is extremely close in potential to a guy drafted in the back-half of the first round. I see a ton of players who project to be quality starters. Seattle would be wise to stockpile more picks in those rounds, both by trading back in the first round and by bundling picks to trade up from later rounds.

I see different tranches of value:
  • Picks 1-7
  • 8-15
  • 16-40
  • 41-85
  • Rest of draft

Jville

Reaction score
I suspect last year's draft will prove superior to this year's draft. I also keep looking at their negative effective cap space as an advertisement to entertain trade down proposals including a possible 2024 pick or two. John seems to be going into the draft with plenty of picks for 2023 and his program is on record for planing a couple years in advance of current events.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I suspect last year's draft will prove superior to this year's draft. I also keep looking at their negative effective cap space as an advertisement to entertain trade down proposals including a possible 2024 pick or two. John seems to be going into the draft with plenty of picks for 2023 and his program is on record for planing a couple years in advance of current events.
This is what I'm hoping for. A 2024 1st Round pick to grab either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.