Hawks favored by 10 over Rams

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
It seems a bit high, -7.5 or -8 seems closer to being right. But it's had almost 24 hours to go down and hasn't, so perhaps -10 is where it's going to settle in.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Bitter":tnhk1pzb said:
Wasn't that the line against Arz? I wonder if Long's injury is already being factored in.

I'm sure Long's injury is factored into it yeah. The line opened at -10.5 last night before he was ruled out though, so it isn't higher because of that injury or anything. The Rams' last two road games were a 20-point loss at Arizona and a 10-point loss at SF, so I don't think this line is too much of a stretch. Does feel slightly high though.

seanoob

Reaction score
I know that teams with a 10 or more point spread win 75% of the time (stats via a post I saw here in the forums the last time the spread was brought up) ...we'll see what happens.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pete better wear his thinking cap. Mustache will probably have a tricky play or two ready for him. He got the best of Sean Payton recently with some trick plays.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Vegas set this line to entice a lot of people to bet on the Rams. Remember, they don't care as much about the winner or loser of a contest.. they just want even action on the game.

That said, if Okung is out.. I'd think long and hard about taking that bait.

drdiags

Reaction score
I saw someone post that since Vegas had the odds this high, it was proof that the team would handle the Rams. Hmm, not sure I would agree to that line of thinking. I would give 5-6 pts until I saw some improved play from the offense. That Thursday night game was just about as bad as yesterday's game offensively.

Okung being iffy puts the O-Line back to where it was around then.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No way I'd be taking the Hawks. I do think Seattle wins though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drdiags":3l7zwlcc said:
I saw someone post that since Vegas had the odds this high, it was proof that the team would handle the Rams. Hmm, not sure I would agree to that line of thinking. I would give 5-6 pts until I saw some improved play from the offense. That Thursday night game was just about as bad as yesterday's game offensively.

Okung being iffy puts the O-Line back to where it was around then.

Exactly why the line is at 10.

Vegas' goal is always to get as close to 50/50 action as possible. Setting it at 10 makes the average joe better go "WAIT A MINUTE.. THIS TEAM NEVER LOSES AT HOME! AND THE RAMS ARE AWFUL!" or.. "WAIT A MINUTE.. THIS TEAM JUST LOST TO THE CARDINALS, THEY ARE SO OVERRATED!" .. and there you go. Mission accomplished by Vegas.

hawker84

Reaction score
lol, whatever, could care less what the line is, all i know is Rams have just as tough if not tougher Defense....

mrblitz

Reaction score
one reason the hawks should at least win; is that the rams' qb is not that great.

seanoob

Reaction score
It was pretty darn close last time. Thankfully, the D was able to pressure him into a low percentage throw at the goal line. I'll keep my blood pressure meds close by.

Latest posts