Hawks resign P Michael Dickson for 4 years

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Meanwhile, in trigonometry news, Hawks resine Michael "Hypotenuse" Dickson :D

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Great signing. He's been the teams MVP since he's been there.

chris98251

Reaction score
On a bad team a Great Punter can be another defender by keeping teams pinned back in their end of the field as the team builds and develops, on a good team he can shorten the field so the offense has less distance to travel and the defense has a better attack plan and can be aggressive.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
His game against the Vikings last year went unrecognized and unappreciated because of the D most of that game. There were multipole times he pinned the Vikings inside their 10 with great punts but we couldn't do anything with that field position as the D allowed long scoring drives.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1v55w6hy said:
pmedic920":1v55w6hy said:
Palmegranite":1v55w6hy said:
Fox0r":1v55w6hy said:
Are you really this miserable of a person?

I have 16 years of education and graduated from a four-year university. Are you really assuming I do not know the difference between resign and re-sign, because I omitted a hyphen? Are you that ignorant, or just a troll looking to stir up drama?

There's a difference between not knowing the meaning between two words and not caring enough to add a hyphen to a word on a message board topic title.

Holy Christ, this guy.

Yeah, but the missing hyphen, however the reason for the omission, really changes the meaning of this thread.

The Seahawks are not forcibly or otherwise pushing out their probowl punter, but a quick read says just that.

Just fix it. If just to brighten the day a bit for all of the miserable souls on this site.

Or, you could just overlook the mistake and move along.

I’ll ask you this, what’s worse/ more damaging to a tread, a misspelled word/typographical error or half a dozen posts rambling about the indiscretion?

If you truly care, I’d suggest a simple PM to alert the offender that he made a mistake and may want to correct it.

You have no authority here, Roland has to make the call.

You obviously have a problem with authority, evidently so much so that it effects your ability to comprehend what you read.
I made absolutely no “call”.

Roland may be the chief of the Grammar Police but there are many underlings that are are capable of making this “call”, thus making your opinion completely invalid.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I looked at the thread title and wondered "how do we *resign* a player for 4 years?" I understand that a player can resign, but I had no idea an organization could do it to a player, especially for multiple years.

Thankfully this whole misunderstanding was cleared up by kf3339 pointing out that the OP meant to put *re-sign*. That makes so much more sense. Before reading his post, I was totally lost as to what the hell you all were talking about!

Chapow

Reaction score
Palmegranite":13nfwfvo said:
Fox0r":13nfwfvo said:
kf3339":13nfwfvo said:
This is a very good extension for our pro bowl punter! He is worth every penny.

But it sure would be nice if posters knew the difference between resigning and re-signing. Just saying.

I have 16 years of education and graduated from a four-year university. Are you really assuming I do not know the difference between resign and re-sign, because I omitted a hyphen? Are you that ignorant, or just a troll looking to stir up drama?

There's a difference between not knowing the meaning between two words and not caring enough to add a hyphen to a word on a message board topic title.

Holy Christ, this guy.

Yeah, but the missing hyphen, however the reason for the omission, really changes the meaning of this thread.

The Seahawks are not forcibly or otherwise pushing out their probowl punter, but a quick read says just that.

Just fix it. If just to brighten the day a bit for all of the miserable souls on this site.

Do you really think even a single person didn't understand exactly what he meant despite the missing hyphen?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chapow":3i9p5tjp said:
Palmegranite":3i9p5tjp said:
Fox0r":3i9p5tjp said:
kf3339":3i9p5tjp said:

But it sure would be nice if posters knew the difference between resigning and re-signing. Just saying.

Holy Christ, this guy.

Do you really think even a single person didn't understand exactly what he meant despite the missing hyphen?

No he knew exactly what the OP was talking about, and he knew that everyone else did.

It’s just the style of some folks, unfortunately it’s our reality these days.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Chapow":ymy32v0m said:
Palmegranite":ymy32v0m said:
Fox0r":ymy32v0m said:
kf3339":ymy32v0m said:

Holy Christ, this guy.

No he knew exactly what the OP was talking about, and he knew that everyone else did.

It’s just the style of some folks, unfortunately it’s our reality these days.

pmedic920

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2qvy465q said:
I looked at the thread title and wondered "how do we *resign* a player for 4 years?" I understand that a player can resign, but I had no idea an organization could do it to a player, especially for multiple years.

Thankfully this whole misunderstanding was cleared up by kf3339 pointing out that the OP meant to put *re-sign*. That makes so much more sense. Before reading his post, I was totally lost as to what the hell you all were talking about!

Passive aggression at it’s finest.
Well played.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":mr3jg9w4 said:
chris98251":mr3jg9w4 said:
pmedic920":mr3jg9w4 said:
Palmegranite":mr3jg9w4 said:

Or, you could just overlook the mistake and move along.

I’ll ask you this, what’s worse/ more damaging to a tread, a misspelled word/typographical error or half a dozen posts rambling about the indiscretion?

If you truly care, I’d suggest a simple PM to alert the offender that he made a mistake and may want to correct it.

You have no authority here, Roland has to make the call.

You obviously have a problem with authority, evidently so much so that it effects your ability to comprehend what you read.
I made absolutely no “call”.

Roland may be the chief of the Grammar Police but there are many underlings that are are capable of making this “call”, thus making your opinion completely invalid.

You whole post is a call, Jesus you don't even know what your typing, and as far as authority, yes, I have issues with those that want the respect expected from a position or what they perceive without earning it, OR overstepping what they think the boundaries are with it. Titles can be given to any idiot, I look at corporations and history and it proves it time and time again. I will give consideration, but people have to earn respect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure every single person knew that he signed a new contract, and didn't resign :?
Good old dot negative........

jman316

Reaction score
I resign that I knew what he meant. It's when somebody adds an extra apostrophe or mistakes their for there... the horror.

Anyways, I like the Dicko Extendo. He does some funny stuff to balls.

:2thumbs:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Love how he just shows up in a plain t and sweats to sign a multi million dollar deal. My kind of dude.

Considering the importance of field position with Pete ball, I think this was a must do deal.

I kind of miss Jon Ryan's sense of humor and tweets, but this guy could be the best NFL kicker since Ray Guy.

Jville

Reaction score
The numbers are in on the Michael Dickson contract extension.

His 2021 cap number is now $2,372,538

The resulting revised Seahawks Cap Space has increased to $8,339,001

OTC link >>> [urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/player/michael-dickson/7034/[/urltargetblank]