Heart Attacks or Blowouts?

What type of victory is more satisfying?

• Blowout

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • Heart Attack

Votes: 36 28.6%

• Total voters

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I HATE close games! Of course many of those who are in the gameday chat already know that for various reasons.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gotta agree with brother Rocket and brother Radish! Give me a blowout everyday of the week and twice on Sundays! Total domination is the only way to go! :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Radish":32tk5ojr said:
Blowouts for me anytime. They might get boring to other teams but not to me.

I've won/lost all the close games I need in my life. We clearly need to average at least 50 points a game to show how pointless the other teams are. lol

:les:
Good attitude.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
To me there is nothing more euphoric than pulling out a close win. Blow-outs are great, don't get me wrong. But the euphoria from a blow-out fades before the game is even over. When you pull off a squeaker win, you can't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day/night. That's just me though.

OP
OP
Hawken-Dazs

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":21ptitg5 said:
To me there is nothing more euphoric than pulling out a close win. Blow-outs are great, don't get me wrong. But the euphoria from a blow-out fades before the game is even over. When you pull off a squeaker win, you can't stop thinking about it for the rest of the day/night. That's just me though.

It's not just you, man. I love winning close games because you know your team battled through not just the physical part of the game, but they had the mental endurance to get the job done.

I couldn't sleep after the home game against the Patriots. Sure we've won close games in the past, but they were usually with field goals. A touchdown pass in the closing minutes for the win is sooo much more dramatic.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Winning a close game means you let the other team hang around, that's not what dominate teams do.

dunceface

Reaction score
During the game: blowouts are nice

After: heart attacks are more fulfilling (Chicago game was especially awesome considering a Bears fan at the bar bet someone else 25 pushups and the whole bar was counting em off after they lost hahaha)

sc85sis

Reaction score
Not sure I have enjoyed a game more than the 55-19 pasting of Oklahoma by USC in the Orange Bowl for the BCS Championship (even though the NCAA wants us to say it never happened). I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks dominate like that. Nope, not at all.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm too scarred by our 2009 season to trust blowouts as an indicator of quality. There need to be SOME heart attacks in there.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I prefer something in the middle; the blowouts, while sweet for a time, get boring. Squeaking out a win in the final seconds is too much for my blood pressure. I like a reasonably close game, but with enough momentum on our side to show we're not about to quit and take a loss. This is much more possible with our new QB at the helm. I'm beginning to think that if RW has the ball in the final minute or two, and we're down by less than a TD, we'll win the game (or go ahead, even if our soft-zone D spoils the rest).

I agree with whoever said the season is the most fun when there is a variety, though. It always keeps you coming back for just one more week.

What a bunch of suckers we all are!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
kearly":22mpg20q said:
Last year was a lot of fun, but for me it was maybe the most painful season too. We were something like 4-5 in close games despite being 7-0 in games that weren't close. We had way more than our share of tough luck losses. I'd like that to be a thing of the past.

Also, close wins aren't always that great. A lot of close wins feel deflating because your team just barely held on to beat a team you'd expect to beat (Carolina, Rams). Even the Green Bay game was kind of a crummy game that left a bad taste, even if the last play was theatre.

The Patriots win was really cool, but I enjoyed the Dallas win more because Seattle dominated a franchise that had beat the tar out of us for years. And the 49ers win, it just doesn't get any better than that.

The Dallas game was the game that told me we had arrived and were no longer the "Seattle Softhawks". We physically dominated that team from start to finish.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I like a good roller coaster ride so I will take a close game capped with a Russell Wilson dagger. Seen him do it at Wisconsin in the BIG TEN routinely and now on the BIG stage of the NFL. Every come from behind win directed by RW reaffirms his greatness and tempers our resolve as contender. Blowouts usually mean we run the ball in the fourth quarter. I look forward to seeing RW do magic in the final stanza.

Msfann

Reaction score
Blowouts, I love to see our team put down 50+ and just demoralize the other team while intimidating future opponents.

Throwdown

Reaction score
To add, last year was the first time I've seen the Hawks do the demoralizing, the Cowboys game was one, they just beat the ever loving shit out of them and they caved in by the 4th. Arizona gave up half way through the 2nd quarter, they stopped trying to tackle Lynch, and Turbin, that shit got ugly quick.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Blowout any day of the year. I have enough anxiety as it is. I certainly don't need the help.

themunn

Reaction score
Blowout every time, those heart-attack games mean you've played rubbish for a sustained period of the match.

I love nothing more than watching a well-oiled machine pick apart the opposition, regardless of quality.

The Atlanta game was a strange one because essentially it was a blowout in the first half against us, then a blowout in the second half (almost).
That was entertaining us hell because you had the heart-in-the-mouth feeling of "can we do this" in harmony with the "we are going to march down the field then we are going to score every time we touch the ball" quality football.

Veilside

Reaction score
I always prefer blowouts but it's the heart attack wins that are the most satisfying.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Heart attack wins are more satisfying at the end of the day, but I'll take the dominant 'almost blowout' wins most of all. I like that the other team is still 'in it', so that the team doesn't get bored and the game doesn't get boring, but when it comes time for the playoffs, it's blowouts all day every day for both satisfaction during and after.