Hire Adam Gase as OC

James in PA

Reaction score
I am really dreading the news of the Hawks hiring him. It would be such an uninspiring, bland move. It would be like Schotty 2.0. Please don’t screw it up this time. Get a guy who knows how to put up points and ADJUST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No thanks.

Gase has made an entire career out of working two years with Peyton Manning, and has been a miserable failure ever since.

Hell, he doesn't even fit in culturally. He's a bland, weird negative person in general..........who btw is hated by your new defensive centerpiece who you're trying to sign to a long term deal this off season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
xray":2jgspecr said:
For Carroll to even consider Gase shows he is functioning from desperation or early onset dementia or both . A lose/lose situation for the Hawks going forward . IMO

That's a bit far. They're casting a wide, wide net this offseason. So many abnormally good candidates have been interviewed that it more than cancels out Gase. Kafka, Pederson, Lynn...

Momofantv

Reaction score
I'm ready to see Gase hired as everyone whos interested wont want this job due to Pete

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":3ck9xr1x said:
I'm ready to see Gase hired as everyone whos interested wont want this job due to Pete

As if. If this job could elevate BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER to head coach buzz early in the year, it can work wonders for a good coordinator.

Kafka would get far more freedom. The others are mostly unemployed and not really in a position to be too choosy.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":31lnsa1s said:
Momofantv":31lnsa1s said:

As if. If this job could elevate BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER to head coach buzz early in the year, it can work wonders for a good coordinator.

Kafka would get far more freedom. The others are mostly unemployed and not really in a position to be too choosy.

already reported staying in kc

Torc

Reaction score
So Gase has spent one year as an OC without Manning, and during the time he was with Manning it was well known that Peyton was the de facto on-the-field coordinator.

In that one year (with Chicago), the offense was 18th in the league.

Yeah, I think there may be better options. But Pete isn't looking for an innovator.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
How Adam Gase, and other offensive minds like Bienemy haven't gotten coaching jobs is hilarious. It really goes to show these team owners hire based on who they like. Because Gase has accomplished jack squat but is given this label of genius.

Also, the goal here must be to hire someone garbage like Gase so that we can blame Russ again when yet ANOTHER crappy OC is hired. :D

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":1zffofok said:
Maelstrom787":1zffofok said:
Momofantv":1zffofok said:

already reported staying in kc

That's too bad, but probably the right move for him. Reid churns out head coaches like he's on an assembly line building them. Still, I don't think this is a black hole job, just think Pete hasn't hired the best coaches there. If the OC's that got canned had been successful elsewhere, I'd probably think differently.

Besides Gase, I've been highly pleased with the guys they've been looking at.

Torc

Reaction score
Scorpion05":z8c3q6fw said:
How Adam Gase, and other offensive minds like Bienemy haven't gotten coaching jobs is hilarious. It really goes to show these team owners hire based on who they like. Because Gase has accomplished jack squat but is given this label of genius.

Also, the goal here must be to hire someone garbage like Gase so that we can blame Russ again when yet ANOTHER crappy OC is hired. :D

Bieniemy will almost positively be a head coach after this season. You're not seeing movement on that because his team is still in the playoffs. The Seahawks apparently looked at the Chiefs' QB coach but chances are he's been told he'll be the next OC if he stays where he's at.

I think you'll see more movement on the coaching front (not just for the Hawks but the whole NFL) next week, or even after the Super Bowl.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Torc":1fpiftk1 said:
Scorpion05":1fpiftk1 said:

Bieniemy will almost positively be a head coach after this season. You're not seeing movement on that because his team is still in the playoffs. The Seahawks apparently looked at the Chiefs' QB coach but chances are he's been told he'll be the next OC if he stays where he's at.

I think you'll see more movement on the coaching front (not just for the Hawks but the whole NFL) next week, or even after the Super Bowl.

I don't get why people are so enamored with Bieniemy. He's fine, but I just see him as a slightly-less-good Matt Nagy. Nagy held the same role and actually had a very successful stint calling plays in KC under Reid, something we haven't really seen Bieniemy do. It's no slam dunk hire.

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Torc":xw5bdszd said:
Scorpion05":xw5bdszd said:

This aged well.