Honestly, they probably should have done MORE Peteball

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The defense got a ridiculous assignment being on the field 47 minutes to 22 for the Titans. A commitment to the run, like the Titans saw pay off, likely would've been better to protect the lead as well as alleviate the herculean weight on the defenses shoulders. The time of possession battle being lost so severely, in combination with Derrick Henry running it 35 times for almost 200? That's the direct opposite of traditional Peteball.

You know who ran Peteball to success today? The Tennessee Titans, who ground the Seahawks defense down with repeated body blows.

Peteball can be ugly, but honestly? In this specific instance? It probably wins them a game where they went into half 15 up.

steelhead_fishn

Reaction score
Peteball wins games. Hero ball loses games. We see the same patterns every year. Hero ball is more fun for the fans, but tends to cost us first round byes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zchurch74

Reaction score
Hero ball is totally Russ, this, why I can’t stand him. This game is on Pete.

Is Russ allowed to change the play at the line? Does anyone know this? I’m betting NO and he’s to chicken shit to try.

John63

Reaction score
Our top back avg 2.4 ypc. Hard to play pete ball when u can't run. As to the rest yes PC ball and his .400 record as a hc prior to 2012.

BASF

Reaction score
zchurch74":jkefh71a said:
Hero ball is totally Russ, this, why I can’t stand him. This game is on Pete.

Is Russ allowed to change the play at the line? Does anyone know this? I’m betting NO and he’s to chicken $h!t to try.

He audibled during this game. Did you even watch?

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2us96gfl said:
Our top back avg 2.4 ypc. Hard to play pete ball when u can't run. As to the rest yes PC ball.Nd his .400 record as a hc prior to 2012.

Alright, perfect. You admit, then, that this wasn't Peteball and that the label is null and void when discussing this game. Fantastic, I am glad that you agree.

misfit

Reaction score
Run game wasn't working. Russ was working. He also don't have Henry. Stop trying to romanticize 2013 over and over. Pete ball also got the titans in a 15 point hole and when we went to Peteball it cost us the game.

steelhead_fishn

Reaction score
Russ failed to execute in the second half. Instead of adapting and running the ball, we doubled down on hero ball. When we do this, we lose more than we win. It is a predictable pattern that plays out year after year. Pete will reign it in and we will start winning, like we do every year. Russ’s ego is poison, his ability is exceptional.

misfit

Reaction score
steelhead_fishn":3q5qf1kg said:
Russ failed to execute in the second half. Instead of adapting and running the ball, we doubled down on hero ball. When we do this, we lose more than we win. It is a predictable pattern that plays out year after year. Pete will reign it in and we will start winning, like we do every year. Russ’s ego is poison, his ability is exceptional.

Howd that work out in the dallas playoff game

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
misfit":3dmglou9 said:
Pete ball also got the titans in a 15 point hole and when we went to Peteball it cost us the game.

Am I having a stroke or is this what you actually meant to type?

Also, romanticizing 2013? What kind of dumb crack is that? I'm talking about time of possession and how it directly affected the outcome of the game. If you don't want to have a conversation about the actual topic, find another.

chris98251

Reaction score
We didn't abandon the run, we didn't use it enough, not every rush is going to be 5 yards, we had some decent gains out there and didn't do hardly any rushing the second half, Collins had a huge run, only one touch, Carson had a few decent inside runs as well but not enough rush attempts to say we were committed to running and ball control and or even passing game underneath ball control offense.

There is no abandon with a lead like we had, we just refused to use it purposely and went to deep ball heroics.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
misfit":3s7pm5gu said:
steelhead_fishn":3s7pm5gu said:

Seattle wasn't protecting a 15 point lead coming out of halftime in the Dallas playoff game. Yet again, not even close to on point here.

John63

Reaction score
steelhead_fishn":2h7ftwey said:

Ahh wson completed 69% of his passes In the 2nd half. We did have 3-4 drive killing people penalties. So sorry this is not on Wilson at all. As to the rest of your post the only poison I see is your hate of wilson.

misfit

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3krhd2pt said:
misfit":3krhd2pt said:
steelhead_fishn":3krhd2pt said:

Seattle wasn't protecting a 15 point lead coming out of halftime in the Dallas playoff game. Yet again, not even close to on point here.
the other point is Pete first doesn't know how to put the gas on and doesn't know how to tailor his offense to his talent. He doesn't have a marshawn lynch at rb and a rookie qb. He has chris carson, who's injury prone and a top5 qb and two beast at wr. going to scary playcalling in the 2nd half lets the other team back in the game and we lost. we also saw none of the style of offense we saw last week though I thought the titans were well prepared for the most part.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2pi6ln9e said:
We didn't abandon the run, we didn't use it enough, not every rush is going to be 5 yards, we had some decent gains out there and didn't do hardly any rushing the second half, Collins had a huge run, only one touch, Carson had a few decent inside runs as well but not enough rush attempts to say we were committed to running and ball control and or even passing game underneath ball control offense.

There is no abandon with a lead like we had, we just refused to use it purposely and went to deep ball heroics.
Wilson.

Ahh u might.eant to go back and look we completed 69% of the passes in thr 2nd half and most were short.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The offense was vanilla the entire game. It was the exact opposite of last week. Is that on Waldron or Pete,,,I dont know, but its a glaring issue. In OT when you need to execute a drive, Wilson is throwing 40 yard passes that dont make sense. Thats more than likely on Russ, but again those might have been designed plays,,,,,who knows. The worst part about the entire game was Tennessee running the same play over and over again to march down the field with no adjustment or answer to stop it. Thats inexcusable. Thats on Pete. I dont care how bad Norton is, Pete is a supposedly defensive minded coach and nothing was done to remedy that issue.

30 points and the team still loses. Embarrassing.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9leg7xnc said:
The offense was vanilla the entire game. It was the exact opposite of last week. Is that on Waldron or Pete,,,I dont know, but its a glaring issue. In OT when you need to execute a drive, Wilson is throwing 40 yard passes that dont make sense. Thats more than likely on Russ, but again those might have been designed plays,,,,,who knows. The worst part about the entire game was Tennessee running the same play over and over again to march down the field with no adjustment or answer to stop it. Thats inexcusable. Thats on Pete. I dont care how bad Norton is, Pete is a supposedly defensive minded coach and nothing was done to remedy that issue.

30 points and the team still loses. Embarrassing.

Guys were being too aggressive in their gaps. Absolutely can't do it against Henry, who can just as easily bounce it outside and demolish defenders on the boundary. Mone was sorely, sorely missed too.

A lot of it has to do with the offense having them on the field so often to deal with the most physical back in the NFL for over 3 quarters (47 minutes), but yeah. Disappointing to say the least.

Anything to bring about the end of the game quicker would've been of great benefit to Seattle.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Honest question: Why, when we needed a score didn't we call similar plays to what worked in the last 48 sec. of the 1st half?

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
TOP was terrible because the Titans moved the ball all the way down the field on every possession, whether they scored or not.

At the end of the day the hawks O scored enough to win. The D on the other hand other than a few lucky plays and Titans mistakes, couldn’t get off the field at any point in the game. Loss is on them.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":akui2nho said:
chris98251":akui2nho said:

Wilson.

Ahh u might.eant to go back and look we completed 69% of the passes in thr 2nd half and most were short.

Too Short bubble screens that were sniffed out for no gains and losses, where were the passed to the TE's, the slants, the hooks in the middle of the field, oh that's right they didn't happen.............