Hot names for the new OC

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Also I would say one of the reasons the Seahawks haven't decided on an OC is because Russell wants to be part of the process.

He really put Pete in a bind, as he rightly should, and Pete just can't hire the first guy that he wants, someone that would ultimately be unexciting and lacking the ability to use Russ and the receivers.

I think Pete will have final say, as Head Coach, but with heavy input from Russ. Pete is walking a very thin, fine line. Failure to include Russ or have the offense really bounce back then you're looking at another DeShaun Watson situation.

TraderGary

Reaction score
James in PA":3hqc9mif said:
I wonder if the Hawks are waiting to see what happens with the Texans’ head coaching job. If Bienemy doesn’t get it, he stays with the Chiefs as their OC. Their current QB coach Mike Kafka can then come here and hopefully work his magic with Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's something I could get behind. Then the obvious question would be, would Pete be willing to leave him alone and let him design and run his offense unimpeded?

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2pa44rmb said:
Also I would say one of the reasons the Seahawks haven't decided on an OC is because Russell wants to be part of the process.

He really put Pete in a bind, as he rightly should, and Pete just can't hire the first guy that he wants, someone that would ultimately be unexciting and lacking the ability to use Russ and the receivers.

I think Pete will have final say, as Head Coach, but with heavy input from Russ. Pete is walking a very thin, fine line. Failure to include Russ or have the offense really bounce back then you're looking at another DeShaun Watson situation.

Yeah, and based on DK's latest comments, it's not just Russ, I'd imagine all the skill guys want an OC in here that is on the creative side.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shane Waldron. Young pass-game coordinator for a varied and unique passing attack.

Doesn't seem like a retread yes-man to me, guys.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":9ztyah65 said:
Shane Waldron. Young pass-game coordinator for a varied and unique passing attack.

Nope and stealing him from our rival sure is nice.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wenhawk":j39z075a said:
Maelstrom787":j39z075a said:

Nope and stealing him from our rival sure is nice.

That's a big one. Says a lot that McVay took him from Washington to LA and trusted him with pass game coordinator for a scheme that allowed Goff to take a team to a Super Bowl appearance. This guy is a stud hire.

rogerwilliambruce

Reaction score
Well at this point we have a new OC but that was not what we needed. It is hard to believe that we have gotten to this point. In my opinion the problem is that ownership has ceded control to Pete Carroll when he is in his sunset years as a coach. He has refused to recognize that with the talent he has Peteball doesn't work. Peteball is failing miserably, the times have changed but Pete has not.

Love Russell Wilson, but making a short quarterback play in the pocket means he is going to hold the ball too long because he cannot see any good plays for a bit. So the dunce cap is on Pete's head for that.

Pete has not drafted well in a few years and has squandered his cap for an ineffective set of talent. The O line is not effective, the defense might be if Pete could stay out of it.

The cash value of the team has gone down with our roster and problems specifically with russell and pete. If Jody was trying to preserve value by staying out and giving pete an extension, she kinda screwed up.

Pete Carroll really screwed up in Superbowl 49 by not showing confidence in his players and giving Marshaun the ball at the 1 yard line. Because of his poor judgement he had to get rid of the legion of Boom and the team has never recovered as he keeps illustrating how bad his decisions are in the Red Zone.

We all know what should have happened and that would be to fire Pete and John.

Roger

rogerwilliambruce

Reaction score
Well at this point we have a new OC but that was not what we needed. It is hard to believe that we have gotten to this point. In my opinion the problem is that ownership has ceded control to Pete Carroll when he is in his sunset years as a coach. He has refused to recognize that with the talent he has Peteball doesn't work. Peteball is failing miserably, the times have changed but Pete has not.

Love Russell Wilson, but making a short quarterback play in the pocket means he is going to hold the ball too long because he cannot see any good plays for a bit. So the dunce cap is on Pete's head for that.

Pete has not drafted well in a few years and has squandered his cap for an ineffective set of talent. The O line is not effective, the defense might be if Pete could stay out of it.

The cash value of the team has gone down with our roster and problems specifically with russell and pete. If Jody was trying to preserve value by staying out and giving pete an extension, she kinda screwed up.

Pete Carroll really screwed up in Superbowl 49 by not showing confidence in his players and giving Marshaun the ball at the 1 yard line. Because of his poor judgement he had to get rid of the legion of Boom and the team has never recovered as he keeps illustrating how bad his decisions are in the Red Zone.

We all know what should have happened and that would be to fire Pete and John.

Roger