How about Goodwin and Eskridge Splitting time at #3?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I believe Eskridge has game breaking skills if he can stay healthy, and Goodwin has the same. Seems like a good idea to me to have them split time as #3 receiver to keep both fresh and healthy. I like Swain but he can't keep up with those two in that competition, plus Goodwin has so much in the way of vet style leadership qualities we just can't afford to let him slide under the carpet.
What a receiver lineup to augment a top shelf tight end group!

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I wonder if Goodwin will actually make the team?
Based on what he has shown during camp I would be very surprised and disappointed if he isn't not only on the roster but a perfect fit for what we are trying to do. He can do it all and do it in a hurry. Eskridge will be more of a specialty/situational type IMO.

Scout

Reaction score
Goodwin isn't known for his hands but having him on the field with Metcalf and Lockett creates mismatches. Goodwin is a mismatch against most nickels and dime backs in the NFL.

I would like to see Goodwin make the team because having him along with Eskridge in a 4 WR package could make things interesting.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I just want Eskridge to survive a season and off-season.

rcaido

Reaction score
Bad luck what happen w/ Eskridge. He was Pete's Percy Harvin lite replacement. Hopefully he put a little more weight to take the hits. I think he will have a decent breakout year for the seahawks. He's going to get a lot of Jet sweeps and screen plays.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see him actually, you know, play football perhaps even a couple of games in a row without the turf toe, concussion, hamstring, ankle injury, sprained hangnail excuses. Seems to me he's another potentially good but injury prone player who'd rather get paid to go the trainer's rooms. For sure I'm sounding cynical but these guys get drafted early and are not showing up except on the cap list where they are prominent non productive expensive non starters. We don't know in fact if he's actually really any good as a receiver. Him missing two camps in a row sure isn't going to help his development.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
If the choice is Goodwin or Melton, I really hope they keep Melton.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So far Melton has shown he can’t catch, or at least so far hasn’t shown he can be depended upon to catch.

Of the two drafted players @ WR Dareke young seems a better big play option.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Melton had a couple of drops but he’s also a playmaker and exploded for 60 yards down the sideline against the Steelers . Dareke Young has shown huge upside at 6-3” another big over the middle target. Eskridge is fragile. He needs to get it soon or he’ll be cut

Spohawks

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think Eskridge is an early bust. I get players can take a couple of years to get it right, but IMHO, he just doesn't have what it takes. I would love to be proven wrong though.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think Eskridge is an early bust. I get players can take a couple of years to get it right, but IMHO, he just doesn't have what it takes. I would love to be proven wrong though.
We don't know if he does or doesn't because we've barely seen the guy. Let's at least give him a second season.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Really disliked watching Eskridge today. Dude needs to be elite at his size, he's a pipsqueak out there.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think he's a bust..He's never shown otherwise.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Eskridge never showed grit or ambition. He’s been a huge disappointment. Need to cut his ass and move on. Period

toffee

Reaction score
As is, we need to go out and 'rent' a WR3, sign someone dependable for a season or so.