How long are you going to watch the Hawks?

Vesuve

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be eye rolling, and in the absence of eye rolling, claims of heresy to say the least.

But, how long are you going to watch, follow and root for the hawks and/or NFL?
I've been watching since their first season when I was a kid.

Why stop, for any reason?

I, like the rest of us, have many other interests in life.

The Seahawks are a part of our lives in our community.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If the league goes flag football I am out or really try to screw with hitting i am out. I also don't think I could do another xl* scandal. I know many give up on a team once they start losing and find the next bandwagon team to jump on but for me its mostly related to changes with the game itself.

djb28

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be eye rolling, and in the absence of eye rolling, claims of heresy to say the least.

My gut tells me that when Pete is done, I'll be done. At least in the way that I follow it now. Once the nerf helmets are full time and in production, and the new kickoff rule morphs into 'whatever' 'trials' and 'pilot' projects will eventually take all kicks out of the game, AND the defensive rules get so watered down that it actually fulfills Fade's "Basketball on grass" predictions - and whatever else is going to get thrown at us for legal reasons - I think I'll be done. Make no mistake, it's coming in pieces.

Nerf helmets are infecting the CFL now too. The whole sport is going to get ridiculous if it keeps going.

Anyhow - 2025 is probably my expiry date for most of it. I might watch it in Red-Zone fashion - sorta how I watch baseball right now. If it's on on the weekend, I'll play it in the background while I'm doing something else more productive. I am looking forward to this season and Mr. Geno rocking the Kasbah. But after that.....

You?
When it officially becomes flag football. I will be done. It is getting there.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
When it officially becomes flag football. I will be done. It is getting there.
That's pretty much where I am. As a related note - I CANNOT believe the flag football 'promotion' that I'm just seeing everytime I watch NFL stuff lately. Since the thing hit the olympics - they just won't shut up about it.

Apparently Flag Football cures all that ails us - we just didn't know it. I'd prefer two hand touch personally - if I had to pick a poison. And, I don't want either of them.

Don't know why this oldish thread has picked up some legs recently - it was just kinda a one off typa post after I got pissed off at seeing the Nerf/Klingon helmet covers in training camp.....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
That's pretty much where I am. As a related note - I CANNOT believe the flag football 'promotion' that I'm just seeing everytime I watch NFL stuff lately. Since the thing hit the olympics - they just won't shut up about it.

Apparently Flag Football cures all that ails us - we just didn't know it. I'd prefer two hand touch personally - if I had to pick a poison. And, I don't want either of them.

Don't know why this oldish thread has picked up some legs recently - it was just kinda a one off typa post after I got pissed off at seeing the Nerf/Klingon helmet covers in training camp.....
Speaking of no hitting..you watch nhl?

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Speaking of no hitting..you watch nhl?
Nope. I'm a Canadian. My city has a middling NHL franchise.

Last time I watched hockey was seriously - like 10 years ago -

I know that's sacrilegious here and all - but hockey never really did much for me. Last time I was into it was bandwagoning it when the flames won the cup a bajillion years ago.

edit: but honestly - my dad and I were just talking about this yesterday - haven't they essentially neutered all defenses in pretty much all professional sports at this point?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks had signed Deshaun Watson like some were clamoring for, I 100% would have just stopped.

I recognize there's some level of pain and suffering I inflict by contributing money to the league's revenue. Players get serious injuries, some scumbags get paid and often get off light/get away with things. The league and teams do a lot of good that helps offset this.

If my team gave paid a quarter billion dollars to a known predator in the most visible/important position? Done.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
If the Seahawks had signed Deshaun Watson like some were clamoring for, I 100% would have just stopped.

I recognize there's some level of pain and suffering I inflict by contributing money to the league's revenue. Players get serious injuries, some scumbags get paid and often get off light/get away with things. The league and teams do a lot of good that helps offset this.

If my team gave paid a quarter billion dollars to a known predator in the most visible/important position? Done.
100% agree.

I've been pretty consistent with my allergy to character-challenged players. Carter being one - but the Watson thing was pretty bad - from the light reading that I've done about it.

Keep the bad eggs away from my hawks!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I'll watch Seahawk football for the rest of my time on planet earth.
It's become part of my heritage.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nope. I'm a Canadian. My city has a middling NHL franchise.

Last time I watched hockey was seriously - like 10 years ago -

I know that's sacrilegious here and all - but hockey never really did much for me. Last time I was into it was bandwagoning it when the flames won the cup a bajillion years ago.

edit: but honestly - my dad and I were just talking about this yesterday - haven't they essentially neutered all defenses in pretty much all professional sports at this point?
I stopped watching in 2012 after hitting was in essence decreased...officiating was awful too. Too much steering by Bettman to push shitty American markets.

toffee

Reaction score

My gut tells me that when Pete is done, I'll be done. At least in the way that I follow it now. Once the nerf helmets are full time and in production, and the new kickoff rule morphs into 'whatever' 'trials' and 'pilot' projects will eventually take all kicks out of the game, AND the defensive rules get so watered down that it actually fulfills Fade's "Basketball on grass" predictions - and whatever else is going to get thrown at us for legal reasons - I think I'll be done. Make no mistake, it's coming in pieces.

Nerf helmets are infecting the CFL now too. The whole sport is going to get ridiculous if it keeps going.

Anyhow - 2025 is probably my expiry date for most of it. I might watch it in Red-Zone fashion - sorta how I watch baseball right now. If it's on on the weekend, I'll play it in the background while I'm doing something else more productive. I am looking forward to this season and Mr. Geno rocking the Kasbah. But after that.....

You?
As a Pete Carroll fanboy, I will watch the Hawks a season or two after his retirement to evaluate what to do. I was a 9ers fan before I became a Pete Carroll fanboy when he was the DC for 9ers. From there, I followed him, helped with the transfer of ownership from Eddie Debartolo to the Yorks.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
For the rest of my natural life bud hole
Why stop there? I've been watching them since Day 1, had season tix in the 90s when they were terrible so I could finally afford it, and will figure out a way to keep watching them after I die. My blood runs blue, silver, and green.

Unless they move like the Sonics did. That team and the whole NBA is dead to me.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
As long as it remains the SEATTLE Seahawks I'll keep watching. I gave up on the NBA when the Sonics left Seattle and I'll give up on the NFL if the Seahawks leave Seattle.
100% this

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
You can always go back to being a 49er Fan like most of you were before the Seahawks started winning in the early 2000's .

jeremiah

Reaction score
No doubt. i want more brain injuries, not less
How do NFL players get injuries to the brain when boxers take MANY MORE SHOTS to the head, but we don't talk about them at all. The reason is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ More for the lawyers. Now guys get concussions from falling on their backs hard. Maybe if they played only on grass that would help, and make them play wearing collars to limit the head from snapping back. They don't because again...$$$$$$$$$, it doesn't look as flashy, and the turf needs more attention and you can't hold other events in it like concerts.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
even though I watch every game I can I will watch MORE intently when Pete leaves because I will finally have hope our greatest accomplishment will be more than a first round playoff loss.