How Many Super Bowls Have You Watched Live?

RiverDog

Reaction score
I would have started a poll question, but this knuckle dragging baby boomer can't figure out how. It seems that this place was designed on the principle of maximum vexation.

I've watched every single Super Bowl in its entirety, live as it happened, from SB I in 1967 when I was in the 6th grade to last year's contest as a retired old fart. When it first started, it was called the AFL-NFL Championship game. I don't know when it became known as the Super Bowl, but apparently it got its name from Lamar Hunt, owner of the KC Chiefs and founder of the AFL, as he was watching his kids play with a Super Ball, a sphere bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a tennis ball comprised of very dense rubber that you could bounce over power lines, and was the inspiration for naming the event the "Super Bowl."

So, I'm curious. Has anyone else watched all of them? If not, which one was your first? Any stories of interest that involves the game that you'd like to share?

CouchLogic

Reaction score
One, as I don't give a rip about other teams.

The NFL as a whole is a pretty crummy product at this point too, so the SB isn't pulling me back any time soon as a casual viewer, lol.

ETA* Three, I was thinking of Victories. Maybe I just blocked the loses out of my mind, haha.

Last edited:

Crizilla

Reaction score
All of them except NE and LA few years back I had to work that day. I probably won't watch this years either. I'm sick of KC and SF. Detroit blew it so badly. If they kick 2 field goals instead of going for it on 4th down they win.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've had a couple of times where I was scheduled to work, but always managed to get the day off by hook or by crook.

My parents started having a Super Bowl party before they became a fad. One time in the mid 70's, my dad invited a friend of his over to watch the game, and the following year, the friend returned the favor. From there, the wives got involved and started an alternating hosting thing that went on for 40 years until mom died the year the Hawks won the SB. The local newspaper thought it novel enough that they did a story on them.

KinesProf

Reaction score
My earliest memory Super Bowl was watching Rams vs Titans. Watched all the others live on TV, aside from Hawks-Broncos in person.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
There's actually forums for not knowin how to do stuff n you been here a good while , just ribbin ya lol
Yeah I haven't read it either but c'mon , you can do eeeeeetttt
Since the last change I still have trouble n just give up on quotes lol, yeah really , i'm old an drink , well , actually have a life too but it's like thew simplest thing n I still just
woof

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Oh , at least 25 but i did miss janet's ta tas or ta as it were
Got a little sick of zztop and or whatever the heck they were wheelin out n figured it'd be no diff then BAM
Anyoldwho
I think i've recorded everyone since so the Jackson Family got me more into sport ,,, well,,,
Sure
I actually watched the games too , ooooohhhh fun

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Dude that is really cool bout your folks
My situation was being the only diehard seahawks fan beside my 2 best friends and I got a tattoo when they sucked an then it became the thing to do so earned me tons of lifelong family n friends cred but not quite that cool
musta been good times

chris98251

Reaction score
Watched them all from 67 thru last year or at least had the radio on. The one I would have loved to go to would have been the one in New York, we won and trounced the Greatest Offense ever.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
not many. like 5 or something. I have watched all of them over the years but only handful live.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
does live mean going to the super bowl or watching it live on tv as I've never been to one
Always had a big screen led projector or led 4k tv now so the best seats at my house

flv2

Reaction score
I would have started a poll question, but this knuckle dragging baby boomer can't figure out how. It seems that this place was designed on the principle of maximum vexation.
The site owner currently has things set up so that polls can only be created in the main Seahawks thread. The site software doesn't prevent polls from being started anywhere - so the settings for polls could be changed. XenForo has their own forum for questions and help - but they only deal with site owners.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
The site owner currently has things set up so that polls can only be created in the main Seahawks thread. The site software doesn't prevent polls from being started anywhere - so the settings for polls could be changed. XenForo has their own forum for questions and help - but they only deal with site owners.
So you mean it's not because I'm a knuckle dragging baby boomer?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Counting from when I seriously started watching football, 24. I saw bits of every Super Bowl back to 1992, but I didn't seriously start paying attention until 1998 with XXXII, and I missed XLV because I didn't have TV access, and I chose to skip LIII after the Saints got hosed by the refs.

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Every year going back to Steelers - Cowboys Super Bowl X. I remember the Lynn Swan "acrobatic catch" . I was 10 years old.