I am SOLD that there will be a 3 way trade for Russ!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russell's 39M cap hit to the Hawks if he's traded says otherwise.

There's no trade scenario that makes sense for the Hawks this year, not with having to absorb that kind of cap hit. Next off season if Russell and Pete's relationship doesn't improve during the 2021 season?

Definitely a big possibility. But not this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3a12hgx0 said:
Wow. People in our own fanbase pushing for russ to be gone. Sad. Best player in our history.

To much media. To much internet. To much opinion. People now think just because they have an opinion they are apart of making decisions for the hawks. Whether its russ or pete. Because people calling for Pete's head is gaining momentum. There is no going back.

This is horse $h!t. Hot horse $h!t!!!

100% agreed ^^
Never going to satisfy everyone, BUT COME ON!!

KinesProf

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1l1pwi6q said:
KinesProf":1l1pwi6q said:
jamescasey1124":1l1pwi6q said:
Wow. People in our own fanbase pushing for russ to be gone. Sad. Best player in our history.

No, definitely not the best player in Seahawks history. Though he is the most valuable/important.

Walt/Tez/Bobby/Largent are all objectively better football players with multiple all-pros, each was all -decade team, and are amongst the very best ever at their position.

Sorry you wrong. I know of all the players and they alone werent capable of what russ can do. Tough yeah. For sure and all pro, but the best player is easily russ. It's ok you'll come around sooner or later. Russ could retire now and claim that crown.

You're confusing best with most important.

Walter Jones is objectively a much better football player than Russell Wilson.

Russ probably won't be named to any all-decade teams and might never be 1st team all-pro. Something all of the aforementioned guys have. Hell, Bobby even has an MVP vote as a MLB .

Each of those guys is amongst a handful of the best players ever at their position.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
KinesProf":x25lkkph said:
jamescasey1124":x25lkkph said:
KinesProf":x25lkkph said:
jamescasey1124":x25lkkph said:

No, definitely not the best player in Seahawks history. Though he is the most valuable/important.

Walt/Tez/Bobby/Largent are all objectively better football players with multiple all-pros, each was all -decade team, and are amongst the very best ever at their position.

Sorry you wrong. I know of all the players and they alone werent capable of what russ can do. Tough yeah. For sure and all pro, but the best player is easily russ. It's ok you'll come around sooner or later. Russ could retire now and claim that crown.

Russ probably won't be named to any all-decade teams and might never be 1st team all-pro. Something all of the aforementioned guys have. Hell, Bobby even has an MVP vote as a MLB .

Each of those guys is amongst a handful of the best players ever at their position.

Oh I see. You just need to see accolades. I dont care about awards and neither do most people because it's a popularity contest. Russ will never win those with a fan base who mostly wants him traded. Jones a better football player hardly. Yes he was a great lt. Russ cant hit and block and jones cant throw a pass or make plays out of nothing. Two totally different things. Also, while jones was a solid tackle and bobby has been solid lb...who in the league challenged them at the all pro level? Kuechly ok for bobby. Boselli, other line man during Jones time. They didnt really have to show much to be tops at their position. While wilson has been playing your talking brady, brees, manning, rodgers and several other hall of fame level qbs. Hard to be be MVP or all pro in the league when you are hated but your own fanbase first and get even get approval out of them. He has been a better qb in certain years than the MVP winners of said years. Plus, he ain't close to done. People are already talking hall of fame and I know sonis Wagner. But the player who has done the most and can be accountable for more wins simply because he touches the ball the most and effects more in a game. You must be smoking crack.

I get it. Jones, wagner, largent etc...all great players . Russ is the best, most important and will be the number one rated hawks player of all time. Until, someone like him comes along again. Which wont happen. He is a generational talent. Not decade or perennial. Lost your mind. The best backyard football player in the games history.

knownone

Reaction score
I'd honestly rather have Dak and a combination of picks than three 1sts and two 2nds from teams that will likely be picking in the later rounds of the draft.

Just ask Dallas to eat 60 million of Dak's signing bonus before the trade, so his new deal's average cap hit is around 25m/year for Seattle (offsetting the dead cap hit from Russ). Then trade Russ and Lockett for Dak, Ceedee Lamb, the #10 pick, and the 44th pick.

The Cowboys get a top 3 QB and an elite WR in his prime, and we get a cost-controlled QB and WR with the draft maneuverability to remain a contender. It will never happen, but this is about the only scenario where I'd trade Russ to the fricken Cowboys.

John63

Reaction score
knownone":3si8y3e6 said:
I'd honestly rather have Dak and a combination of picks than three 1sts and two 2nds from teams that will likely be picking in the later rounds of the draft.

Just ask Dallas to eat 60 million of Dak's signing bonus before the trade, so his new deal's average cap hit is around 25m/year for Seattle (offsetting the dead cap hit from Russ). Then trade Russ and Lockett for Dak, Ceedee Lamb, the #10 pick, and the 44th pick.

The Cowboys get a top 3 QB and an elite WR in his prime, and we get a cost-controlled QB and WR with the draft maneuverability to remain a contender. It will never happen, but this is about the only scenario where I'd trade Russ to the fricken Cowboys.

Not cost controlled as he is negotiating a contract now

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
KinesProf":2am0l944 said:
jamescasey1124":2am0l944 said:
KinesProf":2am0l944 said:
jamescasey1124":2am0l944 said:

For those who didn't watch much back during Walt's era, John Madden talked about him as literally the best NFL player EVER.

Not Seahawk, not LT, but best of any football player to ever play in the NFL.

I'm not certain, but I doubt anyone is going to say that about Russ at the end of his career. Most important player on our roster? No doubt. Best NFL player ever? Not a chance.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":3plzzv9o said:
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Houston gets Dak and a 3rd round pick from the Cowboys
Actually that’s the most realistic yet. Though I don’t know if that’s enough if I’m Houston, and not sure *allas has the cap room. I’d hate to see Russ going to play for Jerruh’s kids but getting Watson here would ease that pain.

Part of what hinders a straight up Wilson and Watson swap is Seattle’s lack of draft choices in 2021.
Cant sweeten the pot with draft picks.

knownone

Reaction score
John63":1b7gzzp7 said:
knownone":1b7gzzp7 said:

Not cost controlled as he is negotiating a contract now
Did you read my comment, or did you just see "Dak" and run with it?

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Wow, this is worse than Election season. Media running wild with stories.......

....until you, they, whoever solves the $39MM Cap Hit the Hawks would have to take during a declining Salary Cap season that would cripple them heavily there really is no point to all this wild speculation.

Next year, the year after......much more likely. This offseason......eh, February is a slow sports story month. I think that about sums this up.

massari

Reaction score
getnasty":krhl4h5y said:
3 way trade is about the only way i see Russ going to of his destinations. The teams on the list just don't have any high picks or enough young studs to make Seattle want to deal straight up.

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
I was thinking a similar trade when I heard the Cowboys being one of Wilson's teams, difference being Houston would get Dak+#10 overall from Dallas

Maybe Dallas would prefer Watson over Wilson though, and those two teams do a trade without Seattle involved.

Torc

Reaction score
The cap hit is a big dealbreaker for sure. I think our worst case scenario is that they can't move him because of the cap, and then he tanks for a season like Rodgers did during McCarthy's least season in Green Bay. I THINK he is too much of a competitor to do that. I hope so anyway.

But there's no way he ends up in Dallas. He ain't getting traded to an NFC team. Can you imagine having to go through him in the playoffs year after year?

Of his list, the Raiders is most likely IMO. But I really hope they work it out.

xray

Reaction score
If Wilson pouts and the Hawks say nothing . Like a phukin afternoon soap opera huh ? Are we being played AGAIN ? OMG !

KinesProf

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":38ipvgdd said:
KinesProf":38ipvgdd said:
jamescasey1124":38ipvgdd said:
KinesProf":38ipvgdd said:

Oh I see. You just need to see accolades. I dont care about awards and neither do most people because it's a popularity contest. Russ will never win those with a fan base who mostly wants him traded. Jones a better football player hardly. Yes he was a great lt. Russ cant hit and block and jones cant throw a pass or make plays out of nothing. Two totally different things. Also, while jones was a solid tackle and bobby has been solid lb...who in the league challenged them at the all pro level? Kuechly ok for bobby. Boswell, other line man during Jones time. They didnt really have to show much to be tops at their position. While wilson has been playing your talking brady, brees, manning, rodgers and several other hall of fame level qbs. Hard to be be MVP or all pro in the league when you are hated but your own fanbase first and get even get approval out of them. He has been a better qb in certain years than the MVP winners of said years. Plus, he ain't close to done. People are already talking hall of fame and I know sonis Wagner. But the player who has done the most and can be accountable for more wins simply because he touches the ball the most and effects more in a game. You must be smoking crack.

I get it. Jones, wagner, largent etc...all great players . Russ is the best, most important and will be the number one rated hawks player of all time. Until, someone like him comes along again. Which wont happen. He is a generational talent. Not decade or perennial. Lost your mind. The best backyard football player in the games history.

Why make it personal with the insults? I'll try not go there, as judging from your spelling, grammar and sentence structure I would be punching down. But you are really struggling to put together a coherent argument.

Again, you're confusing most valuable and best.

Tez, Walt and Bobby have all spent extended periods of time as the consensus very best in the world at their position. Russ has never been the consensus best in the world at what he does.

There are levels and tiers to this, and no disrespect to Russ (the most valuable Seahawk of all-time), but he hasn't ascending to being the very best in the world at what he does unlike those aforementioned guys.

Here are two blind resumes (allows for the removal of positional bias):

Player 1:

32 years old/ Super Bowl Champion/ 8 x Pro Bowl / 1 x 2nd team All-Pro

Player 2:

30 years old / Super Bowl Champion / 7 x Pro Bowl / 6 x 1st Team All-Pro / 1 x 2nd team All-Pro / All-decade team/ 1 MVP vote

Which is objectively better? Be honest.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
KinesProf":2cdx0sxv said:
jamescasey1124":2cdx0sxv said:
KinesProf":2cdx0sxv said:
jamescasey1124":2cdx0sxv said:

Oh I see. You just need to see accolades. I dont care about awards and neither do most people because it's a popularity contest. Russ will never win those with a fan base who mostly wants him traded. Jones a better football player hardly. Yes he was a great lt. Russ cant hit and block and jones cant throw a pass or make plays out of nothing. Two totally different things. Also, while jones was a solid tackle and bobby has been solid lb...who in the league challenged them at the all pro level? Kuechly ok for bobby. Boswell, other line man during Jones time. They didnt really have to show much to be tops at their position. While wilson has been playing your talking brady, brees, manning, rodgers and several other hall of fame level qbs. Hard to be be MVP or all pro in the league when you are hated but your own fanbase first and get even get approval out of them. He has been a better qb in certain years than the MVP winners of said years. Plus, he ain't close to done. People are already talking hall of fame and I know sonis Wagner. But the player who has done the most and can be accountable for more wins simply because he touches the ball the most and effects more in a game. You must be smoking crack.

Why make it personal with the insults? I'll try not go there, as judging from your spelling, grammar and sentence structure I would be punching down. But you are really struggling to put together a coherent argument.

Again, you're confusing most valuable and best.

Tez, Walt and Bobby have all spent extended periods of time as the consensus very best in the world at their position. Russ has never been the consensus best in the world at what he does.

There are levels and tiers to this, and no disrespect to Russ (the most valuable Seahawk of all-time), but he hasn't ascending to being the very best in the world at what he does unlike those aforementioned guys.

Here are two blind resumes (allows for the removal of positional bias):

Player 1:

32 years old/ Super Bowl Champion/ 8 x Pro Bowl / 1 x 2nd team All-Pro

Player 2:

30 years old / Super Bowl Champion / 7 x Pro Bowl / 6 x 1st Team All-Pro / 1 x 2nd team All-Pro / All-decade team/ 1 MVP vote

Which is objectively better? Be honest.

I already answered. You arent getting it. Your looking at accolades and popularity contests. I'm looking at wins and changing a franchise with actual ability. Nobody cares about a MVP vote. It means nothing. Rodgers won this year, but russ is overall a better and more consistent qb. Your comparison is russ vs bobby. Bobby is my favorite hawk, but I guess when you list numbers of awards and accolades that isnt considered value vs best in ability? You are contradicting your own argument.

Minus russ we are without a superbowl, almost another and 9 winning seasons. Can you say that about bobby or walter? You don't have to...I will...no it's not for certain we even come close.

Oh and smoking crack. Really? That insulted you?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":1pilrz3e said:
KinesProf":1pilrz3e said:
jamescasey1124":1pilrz3e said:
KinesProf":1pilrz3e said:

For those who didn't watch much back during Walt's era, John Madden talked about him as literally the best NFL player EVER.

Not Seahawk, not LT, but best of any football player to ever play in the NFL.

I'm not certain, but I doubt anyone is going to say that about Russ at the end of his career. Most important player on our roster? No doubt. Best NFL player ever? Not a chance.

Ok. Talk to me in ten years. After russ has outlived(which he already has) your consideration for best football player. When russ is done...he will be a qb with the most yards, lowest amount of picks and highest average QBR and completion percentage. Best qb ever.
Go ahead and call me a fanboy. Dont care. I know what i see and dont rely on old opinions of how it used to be.
By the way. Madden may have said it, but it doesnt mean he meant it. Gene Upshaw would easily give walt a run for his money in madden's opinion. Larry allen, Orlando pace. Now people are saying donald will be the best. What about bruce smith or reggie? They didnt get many titles. Does donald equal 9 winning seasons and superbowl?

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2311gqcw said:
getnasty":2311gqcw said:

Keep it simple

Seattle gets Watson
Dallas gets Wilson
Actually that’s the most realistic yet. Though I don’t know if that’s enough if I’m Houston, and not sure *allas has the cap room. I’d hate to see Russ going to play for Jerruh’s kids but getting Watson here would ease that pain.

Part of what hinders a straight up Wilson and Watson swap is Seattle’s lack of draft choices in 2021.
Cant sweeten the pot with draft picks.

I wouldn't sweeten Houston's pot they seem to be in a rock and a hard place with Watson. Wilson not wanting to go to Houston is the problem thus the 3 way trade.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":30abow4j said:
I think a 3 way with Russ, Ciara and whoever is more likely than a 3 way trade.
Ciara would def want a bad boy come join her. Russ is just her simp. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Torc":1vgb9u5t said:
The cap hit is a big dealbreaker for sure. I think our worst case scenario is that they can't move him because of the cap, and then he tanks for a season like Rodgers did during McCarthy's least season in Green Bay. I THINK he is too much of a competitor to do that. I hope so anyway.

But there's no way he ends up in Dallas. He ain't getting traded to an NFC team. Can you imagine having to go through him in the playoffs year after year?

Of his list, the Raiders is most likely IMO. But I really hope they work it out.

We lose Wilson, we won't be talking playoffs anytime soon