I'm really starting to believe Pete is no longer the right H

xray

Reaction score
Food for thought..Wilson will be gone before Carroll is gone . IMO

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":t661qlbo said:
Be honest Pitt, you’ve never been and never will be happy with the Hawks.

Love the Hawks and enjoy rooting for them every week, but I dont ignore the issues with the team, and there's many.

Be honest, how does accepting complacency over and over make you feel?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pete would never relinquish his president of football operations which means offensive approvals etc cause it’s either his way or the highway.

He doesn’t allow much freedom to coordinators.

It’s no coincidence when he allowed Wilson to throw all over the place Seattle produced a lot of points but Carroll’s defense was trash so he needed the ball to be managed by the run game so the defense can rest.

He needs to go back to Russell slinging it all the time. The defense has improved and it can be better. But Carroll wants to control the clock.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Some of the things they do just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Carson runs for some solid runs (10 yards plus) in the beginning of the game, then he gets 12 carries total.
NYG playing cover 2 and dropping eight guys back, the right tackle is basically a sieve and yet they continue to try to throw 20 yards down the field instead of running more and making quick, short routes. I just don't get it.

ducks41468

Reaction score
The Pete-Russ relationship no longer works and they need a fresh start. They just continue to recycle the same concepts every year and it gets us nowhere. Russ gets more and more checked out and Pete gets more and more arrogant every year.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vng9yeo said:
Flyingsquad23":2vng9yeo said:

Love the Hawks and enjoy rooting for them every week, but I dont ignore the issues with the team, and there's many.

I will be honest, as a fan I love the wins and hate the loses but I have no ability to “accept” their performance other than choosing to not watch them anymore or continue to be a fan. Now if your saying that the men on the team just aren’t trying to play well and win that could be an argument. I’m confident that the players on this team are working their asses off to get where they want to be...it is not easy.

I will take your word on loving the Hawks but I don’t think I have ever read a post of yours that isn’t totally negative.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
ducks41468":29rlshhv said:
The Pete-Russ relationship no longer works and they need a fresh start. They just continue to recycle the same concepts every year and it gets us nowhere. Russ gets more and more checked out and Pete gets more and more arrogant every year.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

They do not mesh together right now.

Russ wants to throw and not be restricted.

Carroll wants to dictate how to throw.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1j6v6khw said:
8-4 division and 1 seed still on the table. You can put the stones down. Would you like Pete to play RT instead of the guy they had to grab of the street. They had a bad game, we all noticed every deficiency. But at the end of the game the ball was in the hands of Russell Wilson with a chance to win and all you want is to run Pete out of town. The Giants are a professional team fighting for a division just like Seattle. Yes their O is weak but their D is respectable. I hate when they lose..probably dropped more f bombs than most homes but damn have some perspective, winning is hard and the playoffs will be a bloodbath in both Conferences . Only true Winners will emerge...we have one of those

I would like Pete to recognize exactly what you said, that the right side of his o-line is weak and run away from it. Instead, he ran Carson on a third down to the right and you wouldn't believe it, they stopped him for a fourth down and punt. Shocker.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
falcongoggles":28rkcopj said:
Flyingsquad23":28rkcopj said:
8-4 division and 1 seed still on the table. You can put the stones down. Would you like Pete to play RT instead of the guy they had to grab of the street. They had a bad game, we all noticed every deficiency. But at the end of the game the ball was in the hands of Russell Wilson with a chance to win and all you want is to run Pete out of town. The Giants are a professional team fighting for a division just like Seattle. Yes their O is weak but their D is respectable. I hate when they lose..probably dropped more f bombs than most homes but damn have some perspective, winning is hard and the playoffs will be a bloodbath in both Conferences . Only true Winners will emerge...we have one of those

I would like Pete to recognize exactly what you said, that the right side of his o-line is weak and run away from it. Instead, he ran Carson on a third down to the right and you wouldn't believe it, they stopped him for a fourth down and punt. Shocker.
Yeah, exactly!

Even the broadcasters themselves said the right side was regularly collapsing and the offense should maybe throw some help there with at least a tight end to chip but Carroll did not do that and left the backup tackle on an island and he got abused all day long.

I don’t understand how Carroll did not want to help that side or did not realize it was not working at all!

My 19th month old nephew can see the right side needs help!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2sfk8m26 said:
pittpnthrs":2sfk8m26 said:
Flyingsquad23":2sfk8m26 said:

I will be honest, as a fan I love the wins and hate the loses but I have no ability to “accept” their performance other than choosing to not watch them anymore or continue to be a fan. Now if your saying that the men on the team just aren’t trying to play well and win that could be an argument. I’m confident that the players on this team are working their asses off to get where they want to be...it is not easy.

I will take your word on loving the Hawks but I don’t think I have ever read a post of yours that isn’t totally negative.

The NFL is entertainment and I watch and follow because it entertains me. The negativity and frustration comes from knowing the outcome before the season even starts. At the beginning of the season, I said the Hawks would do their usual 10 or so win season and take their usual early exit in the playoffs, and here we are. They signed Adams (when DL was much needed and they got fleeced in the deal to boot) and jumped out to that early 5-0 start and people were crying Super Bowl. I sat back and laughed knowing the unraveling was right around the corner. The 'complacent' coaching from Carroll reared its ugly head with the usual terrible game planning and management along with the inability to make adjustments and the usual load was dumped on Wilsons shoulders and his ability to play darn near perfect football. The problem is, when he doesnt and cant perform at those levels, the team automatically becomes painfully average and Pete doesnt know what to do. Anyways, its a typical Pete Carroll, Seahawks season and I feel sorry for those fans that have trouble seeing the reality of it all and still hope better things are on the horizon.

RCATES

Reaction score
I was thinking this 3 years ago. Sad part is we're likely stuck with this Dinosaur for another 4-5 years.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
It all depends on if you're happy with a B+ team every year. Consistent, better than a D- team (tho there is some fun in that Bad News Bears comraderie), but the odds of them scoring an A+ is probably long in the rearview mirror. Not impossible, but not probable.

Competent.

Pete is competent.

But I understand the frustration of watching them play the same way and make the same mistakes over and over from a coaching/game calling standpoint. Eh, good enough I guess. Why change now?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is going to end badly.

We are going to lose Carlos. Almost certain we will feel we cannot afford Adams, and this defense will later use that as excuses...because KNJ is going to set new records for futility next year too.

Carroll cannot use tactics or strategy, so he clearly will not evaluate his coordinators on same. KNJ has shown no aptitude or even flashes of tactical or strategic acumen. You can only use emotion to fire someone up so often. At some point you need to understand how to deploy resources to win matchups. We don't and we won't.

All of this struggling on defense almost assuredly guarantees that Wilson eventually walks. Wilson has a huge ego and he will certainly feel he could do better under different circumstances.

I honestly never understood why Wilson re-signed for this, knowing Pete was going to be an issue in his success, but he shockingly did. Still, no way we are not careening toward losing with no QB, an aging coach, garbage DC, inconsistent OC, and none of the great defensive players we traded for that temporarily masked problems with Norton. And we won't have draft picks to fix this either.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
By all reports, Pete is incredibly good at creating a player focused and friendly atmosphere. That's why players love it in Seattle. Carlos Dunlap has testified to that fact.

I do think questions can be asked if his football strategies are still viable.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Three of the four loses were by less than 1 score. In those three the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win. I get it, all he does is put his team in positions to win Virtually every game. That’s terrible.

On the game tonight they posted a stat for the last wonder boy Shanahan...0-27 when trailing by 7 or more in the 2nd half.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":33b2tkvj said:
Three of the four loses were by less than 1 score. In those three the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win. I get it, all he does is put his team in positions to win Virtually every game. That’s terrible.

On the game tonight they posted a stat for the last wonder boy Shanahan...0-27 when trailing by 7 or more in the 2nd half.

6 out of the 8 wins were by 1 score or less. Why is it always so close with Pete? Other teams go for the throat and blow other teams out more often than not. Hardly ever happens with the Hawks and Pete. That type of strategy is what puts the nail in the coffin during the playoffs.

KinesProf

Reaction score
A quarter of the season to go, everything that they want to accomplish is still in front of them. The NFL really is a week to week league of reactions; and now, fans of every team, including the Steelers, have had post-loss reaction turmoil.

What's great about football players and coaches, as opposed to fans, is their ability to flush a loss in 24 hours and move on to the next week.

KinesProf

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1t20kgze said:
Flyingsquad23":1t20kgze said:

Other teams go for the throat and blow other teams out more often than not..

Most games in the NFL are, in fact, not blow outs.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
KinesProf":3e9o4hbo said:
pittpnthrs":3e9o4hbo said:
Flyingsquad23":3e9o4hbo said:

Other teams go for the throat and blow other teams out more often than not..

Most games in the NFL are, in fact, not blow outs.

I meant when the chance presents itself. Pete rarely if ever keeps his foot on the gas. Its mostly stall ball and prevent with any lead.

seahawks08

Reaction score
If the offense can figure out what to take when the defense gives them, we will be great. If we go with the Russ cook model we will struggle. Teams catch up to the playbook. We know DK is a threat to stretch the field. We just need to figure out how use that to the benefit of the game plan. If you have a running back and a WR who can stretch and grind the field, Russ being so experienced should be able to make adjustments either way. If he has interceptions and confidence issues those needs to be fixed. Getting happy feet at this age more often than not doesn’t create explosive plays. Capitalizing on the offense when you are on the field is what this team has to do. Pete can only do this much but if the flow is established, Pete won’t have to get hormonal.

Latest posts