Inconsistancy roughing the passer

LTH

Reaction score
The refs are not being consistant in calling roughing the passer when the D player puts all his weight on the qb. I personally think its a stupid rule but i didnt see it called a gainst brady and im not seeing it called against chicago... i did see it called against the niners and the hawks... if its a rule they have to call it or get rid of the rule...inconsistancy isnt good

9er4life

Reaction score
LTH":jkntwb0p said:
The refs are not being consistant in calling roughing the passer when the D player puts all his weight on the qb. I personally think its a stupid rule but i didnt see it called a gainst brady and im not seeing it called against chicago... i did see it called against the niners and the hawks... if its a rule they have to call it or get rid of the rule...inconsistancy isnt good

The RTP on Key yesterday was ridiculous. The taunting penalties are the only calls that are more ridiculous.

rcaido

Reaction score
i thought the Seahawks had it bad...Damn Refs killing the Bears

Mizak

Reaction score
Bears playing really bad football. Hope they continue it this Sunday.

Mizak

Reaction score
Bruh, they didn’t get Fields checked for a concussion. He laid down for a few good seconds not moving.

94Smith

Reaction score
It’s supposed to be for hits like the Siraguasa hit on Rich Gannon . It’s a stupid rule

Threedee

Reaction score
I just like how the rule was originally for high hits, so, defenders started taking out QB legs, and the NFL decreed that you can't hit them high or low.

olyfan63

Reaction score
LTH":24vta8s3 said:
Personally, I think this is a good rule, and I've seen it enforced with some consistency. Granted, I don't watch a LOT of games, so there could be some, or many, bad calls I've not seen.

Prior to the rule, it was absolutely a strategy for defensive players to try to land on the QB and contribute to his level of battering and hopefully take a toll over the course of the game. There were numerous QB injuries, broken collarbones and such, from these types of 300+ DL players landing on QBs intentionally.

The NFL officiating and consistency hasn't been the best lately, or ever, but I do agree with the rule.

Now, some of the "defenseless player" rules put defensive players in a no-win situation, but that's a different topic.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The rule cost the 49ers a TD against the Falcons. Would have been a sack possibly outside FG range (I'd have to confirm...could be wrong), but instead gave the Falcons a 1st down and they scored a TD a few plays later.

I understand the idea of the rule. Just really odd enforcement. Happened to Niners last year as well with Kentavious Street.