Interesting RW quote

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Pete won't be making the playoffs this year and he missed a lot of playoffs without Russ. In fact the vast majority of his playoff appearances are with Russ and he has been thoroughly mediocre with out him.
How many coach’s in the NFL enjoyed regular playoff success without a great QB? I can only think of a couple and they built legendary defenses instead.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
How many coach’s in the NFL enjoyed regular playoff success without a great QB? I can only think of a couple and they built legendary defenses instead.
My post wasn't so much to disparage Pete but respond to the poster implying that Russ needed Pete. I think the argument the other way around is pretty easy to make. We will see this year if Russ needs Pete.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Uh, I believe Pete Carroll has been the coach of Russell Wilson his entire NFL career until this one.

Maybe you are right though, without Pete Russell would have won the Super Bowl every year single handedly.

Considering the year has yet to start, how would I know? Do you have some magical gift of foretelling the future?
And without him he’s made the playoffs 3 times in his entire career without him. No need to add the extras. I never said we would win every super bowl. Remove Pete and keep Russ this team could sneak into a wild card. Without him Denver will make the playoffs and we’ll be watching.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He did carry this team the last 5 6 years and this team wouldn't have gone to ANY super bowls without him. Yes he had a great defense and a good running game (which he was apart of) but he still was a big reason we made it.
His escapability and the RPO he was able to execute with his speed was a huge part of the offense and kept Ds facing tough spots every play. Makes the playcall at the end of XLIX even more baffling since he was still at the height of his running abilities.

toffee

Reaction score
When Angry said Russell still has unlocked potential, I thought he was referring to Wilson's football abilities. I was WRONG, Angry will referring to Wilson's ability to be an AZZ.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
His escapability and the RPO he was able to execute with his speed was a huge part of the offense and kept Ds facing tough spots every play. Makes the playcall at the end of XLIX even more baffling since he was still at the height of his running abilities.
Agreed, if you want to call a pass play why not roll him out? That said I was stunned they passed when Lynch was such an easy call there.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
When Angry said Russell still has unlocked potential, I thought he was referring to Wilson's football abilities. I was WRONG, Angry will referring to Wilson's ability to be an AZZ.
Yes, Russel recognizing that the Seahawks had a team much less ready to compete than Denver makes him an azz for sure. Also him wanting to win championships makes him an azz. As does being frustrated with the Seahawks continual failure to get lineman that can pass block makes him an azz. Anyone think its weird the Seahawks drafted not one but 2 good pass blocking lineman right after he left but steadfastly refused to pick a competent pass blocker while he was here? That makes Russ an azz too I think.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Unnecessarily belittle your ex-teammates? Anyone doing that publicly is an azz.
Agreed.

The fact he said that tells you all you need to know. All he wanted to do was throw bombs , ignore what his coaches wanted . He missed a lot
Of open short and intermediate routes that looked open. I also hated his fake azz " come on , let's go to work" like he was from Marshawn Lynch's hood.
He sounded fake and I could see the reaction of his teammates. He's a fake bitch azz and all you
Ruuuselll F boys should go buy yourselves an orange jersey . ( They're ugly too)

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Agreed.

The fact he said that tells you all you need to know. All he wanted to do was throw bombs , ignore what his coaches wanted . He missed a lot
Of open short and intermediate routes that looked open. I also hated his fake azz " come on , let's go to work" like he was from Marshawn Lynch's hood.
He sounded fake and I could see the reaction of his teammates. He's a fake bitch azz and all you
Ruuuselll F boys should go buy yourselves an orange jersey . ( They're ugly too)
Monday September 12 is going to be a really rough day for you.

Last edited:

Natethegreat

Reaction score
And you sir are happy that the Hawks having a rough day?
Been a Seahawk fan for near 40 years now. This season seems like its going to be a lot like the 90's to me with a worse defense. I am not happy about it at all but I am resigned to it. Unlike some here I don't resent Russ and his desire to win and I don't blame Russ for seeing how incredibly poor the front office decisions have been over the last 7 or so years. I can understand why he got frustrated and wanted to move on.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And you sir are happy that the Hawks having a rough day?
Maybe he's in the wrong team site? He's "triggered"
No doubt about it.
I have a rough day anytime the Seattle Seahawks lose. I'm hoping they beat the Broncos though.

toffee

Reaction score
Been a Seahawk fan for near 40 years now. This season seems like its going to be a lot like the 90's to me with a worse defense. I am not happy about it at all but I am resigned to it. Unlike some here I don't resent Russ and his desire to win and I don't blame Russ for seeing how incredibly poor the front office decisions have been over the last 7 or so years. I can understand why he got frustrated and wanted to move on.
I supported Russ for wanting to move on, I advocated that in 2020 off season. But insulting your teammates unnecessarily is a different matter all together, why do it? By doing it, Russ made an azz out of himself.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Natethegreat ---- LET's RIDE!!!!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I supported Russ for wanting to move on, I advocated that in 2020 off season. But insulting your teammates unnecessarily is a different matter all together, why do it? By doing it, Russ made an azz out of himself.
What teammate did he insult exactly? He was speaking at a Denver event and hyping the team he is currently on. It wasn't an attack on team mates at all. Some people are just really but hurt around here and latch onto anything that they can perceive as some sort of slight and completely flip out about it because it makes them feel better about themselves I guess.
And oh by the way what he said is true.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What a piece of ******* shit. Any respect I had for RW is GONE!

Right he carried the team that for 5 years running had the best defense in the NFL, a top running game and special teams that got him to a SB twice where HE lost the second one by throwing a pick!

How do I puke on this!!!
🤮

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What teammate did he insult exactly? He was speaking at a Denver event and hyping the team he is currently on. It wasn't an attack on team mates at all. Some people are just really but hurt around here and latch onto anything that they can perceive as some sort of slight and completely flip out about it because it makes them feel better about themselves I guess.
I think you need a "t".

Natethegreat ---- LET's RIDE!!!!