Introducing Brock and Danny O'Neil! The New Show on 710 ESPN

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sweet post! I have no idea what you are talking about since only Brock is familiar.

edit: Ah, that is better. Thank you for the title change.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And Danny is leaving the Times to write exclusively for 710Sports as well.

He should be a good addition for them.

Reaction score
Wow....interesting that Danny is leaving the Times - then again, he may see the writing on the wall for the Newspaper business. Interested to see how this goes, Danny has been surprisingly good on the Radio, but I'm afraid that the show may become to Seattle/UW-centric - really liked the "outsiders" view that Salk used to bring.

Despite this, I'm hopefully optomistic.

GCrow

Reaction score
Just tuned in, should be a good choice. Just heard he's leaving his job at the Seattle Times which is interesting as that is def a pretty nice gig. (Though who knows with the unfortunate downward trend with print newspapers these days.)

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I like Danny a lot. I hope we don't lose his weekly blog chats though that he ran while at the Times; hopefully he's still run those at 710.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Excellent choice. Jim Moore and Wyman in the afternoon now?

Basis4day

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":kq1maozv said:
Nice choice.

Isn't the seattletimes.cm going to a pay service as well?

Something like that, yes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Excellent. I was hoping it would be O'Neil. They seem to have good rapport that has the potential to build into honest to god chemestry. Danny's a really sharp cat too. Brock and Egan would have been really good too, but I don't think Egan would quit his day job (err... evening job?)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
good choice but pretty much tanks the jim/danny/dave afternoon show.

Don't get me wrong Wyman has good input but he has a hard time understanding the new era of the locker room/ football in general. Jim Moore seems like a likable person but I'm not sure what he really brings to the table . . . he obviously doesn't keep up to date on all the latest news. Seems like he just skims the headlines and talks about them without really knowing much about what he's saying. Danny was the only one of the bunch who seemed like he had any informed/research based knowledge to inject into the conversation.

Wyman was the 'past football knowledge' guy, Danny was all the info and research..Jim is comic relief. Now it's just comedy and outdated experience.

ErikG803

Reaction score
Danny is awesome. No offense to Brewer but some people really don't translate well from writing to radio, Danny isn't one of them.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3ucr37st said:
Wow....interesting that Danny is leaving the Times - then again, he may see the writing on the wall for the Newspaper business. Interested to see how this goes, Danny has been surprisingly good on the Radio, but I'm afraid that the show may become to Seattle/UW-centric - really liked the "outsiders" view that Salk used to bring.

Despite this, I'm hopefully optomistic.

Good move O'Neil is a solid radio guy, hate to say it but he was a horrible blogger. Always late with info and rarely updated the blog.