Is Browner a FA after this year?

kearly

Reaction score
Welp, it looks like UFA for Browner, most likely. This probably explains why Pete and John were so adamant that they traded up for Simon, not Williams.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well if he indeed an UFA, than I would hope the FO would offer him some type of deal, nothing too exciting, but at least offer him something. In know that some may see him as expendable, but I am big on continuity and losing a piece of the LOB would hurt us a bit.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1c7cca0d said:
Well if he indeed an UFA, than I would hope the FO would offer him some type of deal, nothing too exciting, but at least offer him something. In know that some may see him as expendable, but I am big on continuity and losing a piece of the LOB would hurt us a bit.

I dunno, I personally think Browner is the one peice our secondary could survive without.

This last season we were just fine with Lane out there.

cover-2

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Browner, he is the biggest, the most physical, and the most intimidating CB in the league. Yes, he is not a shut down CB but he is a perfect fit for our man-press scheme. I could see Browner playing great ball to the age of 35 or so if he continues to play in the right defensive scheme. That being said, I doubt he is re-signed after this year. He will be 30 years old at the start of the 2014 NFL season, and our front office tends to give the younger players the big contracts with multiple years.

If Browner signs with different team after this year, I think we could get a good compensatory pick for him. If he plays great for his new team we could get a 3rd round compensatory pick in the 2015 draft (if he has a Pro Bowl type year), while that would be a best case scenario. Its more likely that he will be a very good player for his new team and we get a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick in 2015.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Brandon Browner is irreplaceable. He is a very good, heady player who may not "wow" you on the stat sheet, but he doesn't get burned much, and is probably the second most physical player on the defense. I don't think we'll see another corner with his physique for some time, and in that respect he is irreplaceable.

cover-2

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":akdoytm6 said:
Browner is one of my favorites as well as a tone setter

Here are a few of Browner tone setting plays, or maybe he is just beating dudes up because he can.

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

[youtube]eV0rDXO0o20[/youtube]

[youtube]HjQ8HNuRHhs[/youtube]

[youtube]_YO4n52HalM[/youtube]

[youtube]ycpDT7Q_LHY[/youtube]

I can't get enough of Browner ragdolling Greg Jennings
[youtube]h6f2iTV0noc[/youtube]

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Browner is kind of the Bill Laimbeer of corners and that probably pays unseen dividends in the stat line, but by next year, Browner will be 30, his combine time 4.63 a ways back wasn't that great, so it is a position worthy of addressing (Simon or 2014 draft) and letting him go, imo. He probably won't command much, but he'll be going for every dollar given his age and finally getting a second NFL contract.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I really hope we resign Browner. A 3 year deal would be great. He's one of my favorite players, his physicality is not common and not replaceable IMO. He's like Kam in that he is so unique to his position.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Davis is only citing the last paragraph of Sando's article, which we've all already seen, to say Browner's unrestricted next year. Earlier in the day he was convinced Browner was a RFA.

Would still like to see further confirmation. One sentence in Sando's article still seems to be the only source.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1i14xxgj said:
Davis is only citing the last paragraph of Sando's article, which we've all already seen, to say Browner's unrestricted next year. Earlier in the day he was convinced Browner was a RFA.

Would still like to see further confirmation. One sentence in Sando's article still seems to be the only source.

I quoted the relevant parts of the CBA if that helps. Look at page 34, there really isn't any question.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1goy1c9c said:
DavidSeven":1goy1c9c said:

I quoted the relevant parts of the CBA if that helps. Look at page 34, there really isn't any question.

Danny O'Neil said he's a restricted free agent in 2014 yesterday. I assume he has more access than Sando, so there obviously is some question.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2266039/Hawk-Talk-Live-Seahawks-chat-Friday-at-1230 (addressed in the third question).

Kamcussion

Reaction score
We just need to turn into cornerback U. The only person in that secondary that is absolutely vital to keep is Thomas. I don't see Browner and Sherman being that disruptive on other teams that don't have an All-Pro safety.

Whatever money Browner and Sherman get, they should give a chunk to Thomas for making them better than they actually are.

The Radish

Reaction score
cover-2":3ndga07b said:
SacHawk2.0":3ndga07b said:
Browner is one of my favorites as well as a tone setter

Here are a few of Browner tone setting plays, or maybe he is just beating dudes up because he can.

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

[youtube]eV0rDXO0o20[/youtube]

[youtube]HjQ8HNuRHhs[/youtube]

[youtube]_YO4n52HalM[/youtube]

[youtube]ycpDT7Q_LHY[/youtube]

I can't get enough of Browner ragdolling Greg Jennings
[youtube]h6f2iTV0noc[/youtube]

For the record He didn't take a cheap shot from Browner. Once the QB has released the ball to the receiver, which he had then Jennings is a downfield blocker and better have his head on a swivel.

Did you know that Jennings realized what happened later and apologized to Browner for having a hissy fit? He realized Browner was entirely in the right. The fact Browner made him look like a junior high school player on that play must have stung.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":39q13u82 said:
We just need to turn into cornerback U. The only person in that secondary that is absolutely vital to keep is Thomas. I don't see Browner and Sherman being that disruptive on other teams that don't have an All-Pro safety.

Whatever money Browner and Sherman get, they should give a chunk to Thomas for making them better than they actually are.

You're joking right? Earl is easily the best free safety but I think some of you are starting to get carried away with the idea that the rest of our secondary is easily replaceable and solely dependent on Earl cleaning their mess.

seattlest7

Reaction score
Browner taking out the 3 Cardinals on that punt return never gets old...

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ynw92pn said:
I think BB stays on a 2 year 6 mm deal.

I really doubt he signs that cheap but if he would I would.

Brandon Browner is irreplaceable.

I think you have to be careful with those statements. Yeah we love the guy and his style of play but he's not the only guy in the league capable of beating up receivers. He cut down on the penalties last year but he also got away with a few.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I really hope we can keep him. The front office will obviously know what the number is that will work for them, so we'll just have to see if it works out. But I really like the guy. He plays so physical, and hes a great story